• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Maybe, maybe not. You can't tell me that you would want Real winning this ESL every year though? As that will get boring real quick. I think if this was a one off or something like the world cup that was done every 4 years (they calculate most points gotten in 4 seasons for the teams in each league and they take the top 5 from each and have them do a league like this that would be exciting as teams would try harder to win more and make it to this Super League). Also, I think we will get embarrassed in this league if I am being true and honest, not that I care at this point. As I have said to my friends and family about Arsenal: once a Gunner, always a Gunner, however, don't expect me to watch or buy jerseys - I will look up the scores but I will show my support for the other leagues and watch them instead and pick a secondary team to support, which I never thought I would.

I understand where you are coming from on a personal level. I agree.

I'm trying to look at this from a business level like the billionaires.

From a team performance stand-point, it is a risk that Arsenal will be one of the worst teams in that league. It's also possible that just being in the league and raking in the money will attract better talent and improve Arsenal. Kroenke might see this as his best chance to take Arsenal from a descending mid-table team, back to a European superpower again.

Regardless, Arsenal's direction of its profile will change and attract more fans than being midtable and struggling for Europa. Maybe Stan see's this as being as good as getting into the Champion's League.

Real will not win every year. Man City would compete at the very least. But yeah, I mean, I'm not a fan of this either on a personal level. I think the matchups could get stale and losing the merit system removes so much romance from the game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
UEFA are just pissed off that it's not their super league. It's an absolute disgrace from all sides and part of the reason I miss the days of the Championship. All this will do is make the gap between CL sides and the rest of the clubs even bigger, just like a super league would, the only difference is it isn't a closed shop, but it'll be bloody hard for teams like Palace and Wolves to compete with Arsenal and United if they have an extra 150m (random figure I made up) of revenue every season.

I saw on social media earlier about the Baku final and the lack of tickets they gave you, they don't give a ****. Football is long gone from being a game for the working class. I've been saying I want to start following non league football for a couple of years now, it's annoying that Leicester are so bloody ethical and seem to do 95% of things the correct way, otherwise it'd be much easier to just turn my back on them.
I remember when I used to go and watch Leyton Orient more than I did Arsenal. Proper hard-core **** that was. We’d hop on a bus, pay to get in and munch a pie for just under 3 shillings. Nobody knew where the game was heading then.

• Funny
Reactions: roz

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
On the plus side here’s Guillem BallaGOAT making a fool of himself on Twitter.
TBH, the backlash is much less in italy and spain than in the uk.
That much is true, as far as I've seen yet at least. You even got positive voices.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The big 6 didn’t become a thing until about 2010.

Sp**s before that were the equivalent of Everton. They got lucky with first Bale then Pochettino and Kane so have been living off that ever since.
The talk was of a Big Four when Chelsea started to get successful with Abramovich money. For a while there was talk of a "Little Four" which included Everton, Sp uds and I can't remember who else.

It was only after the sale of Citeh and the bizarre adoption of Sp uds as a big team that the "Big Six" came about

TinFish

We wont have a statement from Arteta. Unlike Klopp/Guardiola who are influential and important in their role - yes man Arteta will have to clench his butt cheeks and not say anything otherwise face the full wrath of Kronke.

In a nutshell he is replaceable and not an important asset for Arsenal PLC.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The talk was of a Big Four when Chelsea started to get successful with Abramovich money. For a while there was talk of a "Little Four" which included Everton, Sp uds and I can't remember who else.

It was only after the sale of Citeh and the bizarre adoption of Sp uds as a big team that the "Big Six" came about

Until Roman took over Newcastle and Leeds were the next biggest clubs when I was growing up.

That was the tail end of the Robson era so really it was just Arsenal and Utd with the other two and Liverpool being all over the place.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Until Roman took over Newcastle and Leeds were the next biggest clubs when I was growing up.

That was the tail end of the Robson era so really it was just Arsenal and Utd with the other two and Liverpool being all over the place.
Yes. When Wenger came it became a Big Two really with Liverpool co-opted due to their 70's 80's dominance. Newcastle had a few seasons in the sun but it fell apart due to the clowns on the board even before they sold out to Ashley.

Oh and Leeds of course borrowed their way to a couple of good finishes and then almost went bust.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We wont have a statement from Arteta. Unlike Klopp/Guardiola who are influential and important in their role - yes man Arteta will have to clench his butt cheeks and not say anything otherwise face the full wrath of Kronke.

In a nutshell he is replaceable and not an important asset for Arsenal PLC.

I mean he has absolutely no leverage, I expect him to say something vapid and evasive like Tuchel. Klopp and Pep are the most influential voices in coaching, they're the big hitters, and even they didn't fully speak out against it. Pep's comments were better I thought, Klopp uneasily criticised it before enthusiastically criticising Leeds and Gary Neville. If the most influential coaches in football aren't fully criticising it then there's no way a rookie coach like Micky T is gonna rock the boat.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Can the government simply seize the clubs & nationalize them for the good of the game?

It's what I'd do had I the power to execute such a contingency.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom