• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It’s not a good deal. He is going against everything he stands for. He thinks he is leaving on a high with the fans but really he is running away from a challenge if he leaves. I’m angry with him.

Also angry with Arsenal. If they were open to giving him a 4 or 5 year deal he would’ve taken it without hesitation. He wants a long deal.

Uhh maybe he’s just being smart and realises that Arteta will try to move beyond him soon anyway and buy a new 8, so accepting a 5 year deal from Leverkusen is pretty sensible. Pull yourself together man.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
but why did he prolong, then suceed and leave when CL is finally, finally there. he leaves for leverkusen who most likely wont play CL and are a much smaller team.
is that for his family? if so, respect.
Maybe the point was never to play in the CL. But to get Arsenal back in it. Some people rather walk away when their work is done, instead of reaping the rewards and enjoying the prize.

Maybe for Xhaka seeing Leverkusen 7th, he feels he is the man to get them 3rd in the Bundelisga and maybe get them tasting CL football again too.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Uhh maybe he’s just being smart and realises that Arteta will try to move beyond him soon anyway and buy a new 8, so accepting a 5 year deal from Leverkusen is pretty sensible. Pull yourself together man.

Not at all. We can buy 10 players but Xhaka will always fight for his place, competition doesn’t disturb him.
He simply wanted a 4/5 year new deal but Arsenal weren’t interested. He got that at Leverkusen.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The thought of Xhaka leaving is dawning on me. It’s too much to process so soon. I’m feeling hopeless and in despair

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
You're doing great, buddy.

Already at stage four, just hang in there.

BIoodBrother

Why not? If we want to be an ambitious football team we have to be signing big players.
i wouldnt be against it although even in that scenario i'd prefer to keep xhaka for another year.
there probably isnt even a scenario in which i would like to sell xhaka now for 15 instead for 8 in a year. i think it must be something like a gentlemens agreement between xhaka and the club and him having private reasons to leave in this moment.
i am absolutely sure that hes not leaving because we told him that he'd be obsolete next season, unless arteta has a problem with his character. you can see that he's a bit in his own world and a hot head but i thought it was the right amount and working well as leadership for this young and shy team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not at all. We can buy 10 players but Xhaka will always fight for his place, competition doesn’t disturb him.
He simply wanted a 4/5 year new deal but Arsenal weren’t interested. He got that at Leverkusen.

So why tf are you angry at him, it’s chill man just go watch Leverkusen. If you were a real fan you’d be happy for him.

Mudi

Look he was gonna be a bench player next season with playing a lot of (unimportant) games. Yet he chooses to play week in week out for a subtop in Germany.

If he truly loved the team, he would have stayed and agreed for 1+1 contract extentions.

Now I'm sad and happy to see him leave. Sad as I think he understood Arteta ball and could be a crucial bench player. Happy as this means that we are going for a more dynamic number 8.

Clearly Rice is joining, curious about the other one

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
i wouldnt be against it although even in that scenario i'd prefer to keep xhaka for another year.
I've said it other places but this is the summer to go big. No guarantees of CL football 2024-25. No guarantee we will be as attractive. Get the best you can now to ensure it.

Rice
Caicedo
Forward
Defender

250m spent.

Sell Balogun, Xhaka, Holding, Tavares and Pepe along with Mari and we easily recoup 50m back.

200 net spend isn't unreasonable for a club that has just broken into the CL again after an age out of it and with the way transfer fees are going.

We spent like 130m or so last summer with Thursday night football and no major sales.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

If he truly loved the team, he would have stayed and agreed for 1+1 contract extentions.

If Xhaka feels unwanted by the club and manager he will leave.

The midfield general is leaving, never thought Arteta would let him go, but as I said he is becoming an arrogant and megalomaniac.

@BergMan mate do not be sad, I think if the club does not want to extend him, this is better for both parties. He will enjoy playing for Alonso.

Mudi

If Xhaka feels unwanted by the club and manager he will leave.

The midfield general is leaving, never thought Arteta would let him go, but as I said he is becoming an arrogant and megalomaniac.

@BergMan mate do not be sad, I think if the club does not want to extend him, this is better for both parties. He will enjoy playing for Alonso.

Feels unwanted is a little bit over the top no? I can understand the management to prepare a future where Xhaka and Partey are rather bench players instead of our midfield for the next 3 years. Is it too difficult for him to understand this?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
How we want to sign a 6 with Partey, Jorginho, Elneny in the squad and Rice could play there too?

Need some offers from middle east for Partey

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
If he wants a move for personal reasons, family, or feeling he wants a new challenge, then it's not the worst time. His stock is pretty high. He's been fantastic this season, but if being really critical he's not quite at the athletic level some of the more recent starters are.

He was incredible for most of this season though, so on the one hand I'd now be really sad to see him go, as I totally believe he really cared a lot on and off the pitch. On the other hand, this is the time to press the nuclear button in the transfer market. We are a very attractive destination THIS window. If we are changing that midfield with a big signing or two, do it now.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
No, at first to play with his brother, in his late late 30’s. Then he will start coaching.
That’s after Leverkusen.

He wanted a long deal at Arsenal, Arsenal never wanted to give it to him. He got 5 years at Leverkusen.
Much as he's been great the last 2 years, we'd be insane to give him a 5 year deal. Sucks, but in 3, 4 & 5 years time he's very unlikely to be at the level we need, particularly if we maintain our improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom