Granit Xhaka (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Kanonier

Kanonier Well-Known Member

Yes please...if they offer €45M I would even counteroffer €35M to sell him faster!

2. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Camron likes this.
  3. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Xhaka is a good player and worth £40m in today’s market.

tcahill, NieThePiet and say yes like this.
  4. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Everton was the first game this season that I actually thought he was really good. Barely put a foot wrong. However his lack of mobility and defensive awareness, coupled with his rashness in tackling will always cost us.

We absolutely can not turn down €45 million for this guy with all his limitations. If we add a little money to that we could seriously upgrade our midfield. That is if our top targets even want to come here..

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

6. yousif_arsenal

Looks like this one all but done you hope we can get decent fee. Loan deal would be poverty

Camron, say yes and Ewarwoowar like this.
  7. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Xhaka, leadership?? :lol::rofl::lol:

8. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Captain at two clubs and his national team.
    BuT He iSn't a lEaDeR BeCaUsE He's sLoW

9. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

The transfer looks imminent though, wonder who are we going to buy in January to replace him, no decent links so far

10. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Just because he's a captain doesn't instantly make a player a 'leader'. Would you call Auba a leader? Özil? I sure as **** wouldn't.

11. Vibra

Vibra Well-Known Member

I thought this day would never come. I'm still not getting my hopes up

12. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Is kicker reliable?

If he is determined to go then the earlier it gets done in the window the better.

13. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Sad for the way it ended for him here.

Good lad, but tbh he’s never fully convinced with his quality and we’re recouping a good fee for him so you’ve got to be pleased with this.

Thomas Partey please.

14. yousif_arsenal

Yes all the reports are reliable about Xhaka to Hertha Berlin.

15. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

16. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

If we could recoup anywhere above the 65 Million Euros we paid for Xhaka and Torreira I would be delighted. Both are decent players but I'm not convinced either are right for us or the Premier League.

17. yousif_arsenal

Torreira have good ability to be very useful DM. Xhaka well he been here 3 and half years and we didn't see any improvement

18. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Torreira just needs to be deployed as a defensive midfielder like he was in Sampdoria. He's more of a ball-winner than a playmaker. He's really good at reading the play and anticipating the ball. If played to his strengths, he can be a big success.

Xhaka, I just don't know. He has sone fine qualities, but he's not very mobile and he's too prone to stupid mistakes. If Arsenal can get a decent fee, I'd wish him the best of luck and see him off.

19. yousif_arsenal

Yes using him as in advanced role did really affect him. He is ball winner as you said

Slartibartfast likes this.
  20. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Think Torreira's performances really haven't been helped by all the change around him and the push for him to play in a position he's ill suited to. Still have high hopes for him.

For anyone who watched Xhaka at previous clubs or for his country he is a leader and is quality player. Hasn't worked out here but suspect he will succeed elsewhere.

In the latter Wenger years and under Emery we really lost our structure and our direction. Some players thrive in chaos, some don't. Doesn't necessarily mean they are ****, just the wrong person at the wrong time.

Will be interesting to see how we replace as not alot of experience these days in midfield. Curious if Luiz will start to be played there alongside Torreira.

cannel and Slartibartfast like this.