• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hatem Trabelsi

>YounGunner<

Established Member
I think we want him because of his versatility the fact that he can play anywhere in the back four even midfield. Wenger wants to avoid the injury nightmare we suffered two seasons in a row which cost us big.

kooldawg

Established Member
Exactly, best thing is no transfer fees, i'm sure we can afford his salary as well and utilize him in champions league and other important matches plus whenever eboue is not available.

Also this will probably mean the Lauren is probably on his way out possibly to Sevilla.

junialum

If he is on free transfer and if he is willing to be part of a rotational position, then by all means.

He is a good player, maybe even the best right back in this world cup but I do not want to see the beautiful partnershop forged by Eboue and Helb being disrupted.

If Lauren moves to another club or to a position in defensive midfield then Trabelsi would be welcome if free.

Harding

trabelsi would be a great addition to the squad and in my opinion i highly expect this transfer to e completed some time this week

Number8

Could be a sign that Eboue is going to be pushed up to a midfield position. He's stated he wants to play in that role before, and in my opinion he'd do a terrific job of it (if he stays on his feet and stops with the Boeing 747 nose dives).

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
nope. is because of ajax problems i think. if i have not remembered wrongly

Asmodeus'

Some nuggets:

"The third man to provide the press with his comments was Trabelsi's lawyer, who told that there was an agreement with Arsenal in August. The clubs had agreed on the transfer fee and Trabelsi had agreed on the terms of his Arsenal contract. The deal fell through because the player did not get a working permit from English authorities, because the number of international games he had played with Tunisia in recent months was deemed too low. Trabelsi's lawyer also stressed that the 'Trabelsi party' have now discontinued all legal proceedings, will accept the terms of the player's new contract and have no intention whatsoever to take any legal action against Ajax in the future."

"The clubs interested in Trabelsi, including Manchester United and Arsenal, backed off after the verdict. It appeared that they were only interested in the player if they could land him for free. In August, however, Arsenal changed their mind and came up with a reported bid of some 6 million euros for the right fullback. An agreement between the clubs was soon reached. However, it appeared that Trabelsi's personal demands were deemed too high by Arsenal. Once again the deal seemed to have falled through, but once again new talks were taking place a few days later. This time it seemed like the transfer was going to happen, but - with the UEFA transfer deadline in sight - it turned out that English authorities were not going to issue the required working permit for the player."

That from the Ajax USA news archives, 2004.

Zokora

Great deal form both financial and teamsize aspect, to get a great player for nothing,then sell Lauren, and using the money to make our transfer budget bigger and buy some more quality players. We must thank Lauren for some great games given to arsenal but it is time for him to move on...

P.S.Not certain AW will get rid of Lauren so easy,because i heard somwhere he was the first player he brouht to club when he came.(Anyone know the money we should expect from lauren move if it happens?)

nORg@

Lauren injuri is bad , Wenger said that he will no be able to play for some time next season that's why we will sing Trabelsi and of course if we sing him free than Lauren is going to be sold to Sevilla for 4M pound's.....good business a mates

coleandclichy

What is Lauren is sold and Eboue goes through 'second-season sydrome'?

Would be great to sell Lauren for a fee and buy Trabelsi on a free and use the cash on 1 or 2 youngste

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
it would be a financially good move. but then will pity lauren after those years he had served us. won't forget that wonderful finish vs man city a few years ago. afterall, trabelsi is better than lauren i think.

btw even if trabelsi comes, i am not sure he will be first team anot, but certainly he will be rotated among eboue.

nORg@: i don't understand why if we sings, then a player will come to us. if its true then i will be singing "messi, sahin, yaya, toni... please come" everyday. :D

Harding

the one thing trabelsi has that lauren and eboue lack (in my opinion) is power! he is physicaly strong and is a powerful runner with and without the ball, i think it would be a good battle between him and eboue to get into the first team and one that i hope we will get to see next season!

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Eboue has plenty of power. Its the skill that combines Pace and strength your telling be eboue does not have that? I rarely see him being bullied off the ball.

kamikaze80

Established Member
how the hell do you people expect to sell lauren if he is indeed badly injured? do you think sevilla are so dumb that they would pay for a player (fees and wages) who cannot play for them? are they not going to read a newspaper or run him thru a physical exam?

and if trabelsi does come, eboues on the bench. its that simple.

we don't need trablesi we have eboue, lauren (when he's fit), hoyte and gilbert (when he's fit) if we do sign him i think we will have to sell one of them and lauren the best option but as you say who's going to buy an injured player

ASkergonan

i would much rather try to pry miguel from valencia, but regardless i think gilbert can do the business if lauren leaves and eboue is unavailable.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Cover for the back 4.

Sol is almost certianly on his way and not to sound like a doom monger but Cole will follow.

Cole was given clear instructions from Arsène regarding what he needed to do to stay at the club and it appears he has just not listened. Maybe a month with Golden Balls in the Engalnd Training camp has convinced him that Madrid would be a good move.

Lets see what the election has in stall.

Madrid have properly inquired about both Fabregas and Reyes and I have been told that Reyes is for sale at the right price, but not Fabregas.

Again lets see how this pans out.

P.S. I now hear that Arsène has indeed met with Franc Ribery's agent at the world cup. Offcourse this means nothing as agents and coaches meet all the time in events like this but they were spotted together so a lot of people are drawing thier own conclusions.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom