• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If we sell Willock for 19 ****ing million after he just broke records whilst still being young and English, that's probably even worse than anything we've done in the recent past, which say a lot.

This would be so incredibly stupid, you'd basically would have to sack the entire crew.
19m :lol:

Especially considering we are talking about Newcastle here. I mean these guys are like the losers who go out on the first episode of the Apprentice. You could overcharge them for basically anything. If Edu gets ripped off by Newcastle he needs to hang his head in shame.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Sending out on loan again would be a disaster. You either integrate him into the starting eleven or you sell him.

No more loans.

His stock is currently high, so I’m sure another PL club would be willing to pay 30m for him. Aston Villa might come in for him once Grealish is sold.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

So he tweets it's done but then asks another user to confirm they moved from Chalobah to Willock?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Aren't they current in the middle of an arbitration case trying to get their takeover sorted?

Ashley's tight AF in a normal season. If his focus is on selling right now I wouldn't expect him to part with anything sizeable.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Feels like the best outcome for all parties... Newcastle need him, he was doing great there & Arteta cant mess him about.

Only red flag is some reports Everton may be looking at Saint-Maximin this window & Newcastle might struggle a bit.
Give them Reiss aswell on loan. Willock loan only makes sense if he signs a new deal and is definitely coming back a starter.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
William Saliba was going to be assessed in pre season, according to the club.

He goes if the interest in genuine and makes sense financially for the club.

Would not be against another loan if he extends for another year or so.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just seen the Lokonga loan stuff, it's an either or between him and Willock going away.

Would also mean Elneny is definitely staying. This might be it for me.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
"Joe is part of our plans, he's our player and in the time that he is here we will try to make the most out of him”

Arteta is a real politician, answers a question but leaves all possibilities open, you can never tell what he thinks lol, so annoying

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think there will be more teams interested in him loan is unacceptable unless it's with 25M obligation

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

For me a loan would make the most sense, preferably with an extension first. He obviously benefited from being at Newcastle and I don't see how we'd use him this year if it's not in a 433 with him as starting RCM. But that'd mean we wouldn't sign any new starting players and rather go for backups which won't happen.

If not loan then I'd try to sell for 30m. I just feel there's no apparent role for him to play just yet and rather he'd go on another loan and have a full season in the PL or in a top Championship team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just seen the Lokonga loan stuff, it's an either or between him and Willock going away.

Would also mean Elneny is definitely staying. This might be it for me.
don't think he going on loan and Elneny is staying because we not in position buying 3 midfielders Elneny Willock Lokonga New CM and Partey is good set of midfielders

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I have to admit, I’ve been pretty anti Willock on here but he’s been on my mind a lot. I’m honestly not sure if we should sell, I think if a big (25m+) bid came in for him I think the cold blooded intelligent thing to do would be to sell. I’ve been anti him because I think his passing is ****, touch a little ropey and he wastes his good work holding on to the ball too long. But clearly he has special physical and goal scoring attributes.

I think it’s possible that as he matures he cleans some of these things up though, he needs to start looking for space more too rather than the ball. Some people have compared him to Yaya which is utterly misguided imo, he’ll never be a silky smooth operator, to me the question is can he become functional in the areas he’s weak in, perhaps Lampard or Soucek are better examples for him to follow in terms of refining your passing/ ball retention to the required standard.

I’d be tempted to persist with him depending on how he feels about signing new contracts but I wouldn’t if it meant Azeez and soon maybe Patino didn’t get game time.

Badger_Revenge

He really got into his own head and pressed in the Europa league last year hoping to make a starting spot. I felt a lot of his bad touches and decisions were down to that. He is a better player than he showed, I think. Hopefully the Newcastle experience gave him confidence. I really want to see how he does this preseason. I hope he gets one. If he keeps pressing, then that will be a hard problem to overcome at Arsenal. He will need to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom