• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
So Arteta want to compete with the team with best finisher in the league by collecting the worst finishers?

Tbh it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s analytic signing while we see dude who misses chances, they see a guy getting in position to score.

Or he sees a player who stylistically suits our game. A player who is already adapted to the league and London. A player who is 6ft2 but technically sound. A player who is versatile. A player who is 24. A player who he feels he can unlock.

Legend14

Established Member
I see a few sources saying he's 193cm (6ft 3).

We definitely need to bring in his aerial game next season. Having him attacking crosses in open play and create second ball options for our other forwards will be needed against low blocks.
Adding his three header goals from last season to our already potent attack should put us way over the top next season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Interested to know why this doesnt work?

Those are attacking shapes posted, and its more about space covered in defensive areas (Rice and Caicedo) and creativity in attacking areas. Both those teams have a healthy balance of 5-5 attack-defence split (WM formation), as well as 2 extra attackers in Rice and Caicedo. Although I dont think we'll push up to a 3-7 attacking shape unless we are pushing for last minute goals.

Good team there I think, players who can fit the needed roles.

From an attacking perspective it looks great, from a defensive one, it would be a mess. Who is the left back? You can't have Gabriel constantly getting dragged out there. I know people think that happens now, but Zinchenko does defend.

With this, you'd have to be too structured, it would be like running a basketball play or something. Martinelli can't drift in. Rice and Caicedo would get dragged wide to track wingers/full backs, leaving spaces in the middle.

Looks great on paper, but i just don't see it working.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

:lol: those faces these players have when they miss a chance.

Horrific from Bamford, those few goals could have kept Leeds up too.

Remember when everyone was saying he should play for England during the Covid era, one of the OG "no crowd" merchants :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don’t get where Kai would play in our current system?

Also we should be spending that kind of money on a new CM we don’t need a striker.
Might not be the current system. It might be another flavor of Pep's new system.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This would've sufficed when news broke in the afternoon.

Now, I'm afraid nothing short of this will do

Angry The Office GIF

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Or he sees a player who stylistically suits our game. A player who is already adapted to the league and London. A player who is 6ft2 but technically sound. A player who is versatile. A player who is 24. A player who he feels he can unlock.

never a good signing when making points about signing striker and not mentioned anything about scoring goals. Also you mentioned his height, but nothing about his heading ability

sdotzdot

Established Member
I don’t get where Kai would play in our current system?

Also we should be spending that kind of money on a new CM we don’t need a striker.
There is close to a 0% chance he’s being brought in primarily to play striker.

He would come to do the Xhaka role, advance playmaker in midfield and he’s a very flexible player therefore could then cover further up the pitch without a huge drop of quality. The depth that is present at City, essentially.

It makes a lot of sense at the right price. But I don’t think this is likely as Real, Bayern are interested etc and I see Chelsea willing to sell him for a bit less to them rather than us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some used to say he was better than Arsenal players still.

2020/2021...

our current strike-force is less skillful than Patrick Bamford ffs

...I deserve Haverts, ffs 😭

And Mr Trophy-less wraps up the win, while Bamford (the beta male) cheers him on from the sidelines.

Truly the best times to be an England fan!

...saved some dignity with this beauty though at least!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I understand why Arteta wants Havertz.

The optics are terrible though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom