• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mount vs Havertz is interesting. Would edge towards Havertz as I think there is bigger potential and variety with him. Hope we sign gik on a long deal, can see him looking to Bayern or Real in a few years if he does kick on here.

Mount a potential midfield machine though. Not really kicked on in the last 2 years.

Maybe both have stagnated due to their surrounding at Chelsea.

say yes

forum master baiter
Never struck me as any sort of threat in the air whenever you watch him. Looks weak if anything, when a cross is there to put in.
Yeah it’s an odd one. He’s not overly physical and doesn’t look like much of an aerial threat.

But he scores he a surprising number of headers. 6’3 with great movement.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think havertz is a myth and it’s weird how our fans are deluding themselves he is something he is not once we become interested. I would bet if havertz was discussed here a week ago everyone would say he is trash
During the WC this forum mocked Rice for being 100M, Mount was laughed at etc. Now these are both we must sign for 200M. That’s fans for you.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Never struck me as any sort of threat in the air whenever you watch him. Looks weak if anything, when a cross is there to put in.

He's notoriously not great in the air despite his frame. Not a deal breaker mind and I'm sure he's scored a header or two but still.

Bit of a fairy really. It makes sense but at the same time it's such a strange transfer.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think havertz is a myth and it’s weird how our fans are deluding themselves he is something he is not once we become interested. I would bet if havertz was discussed here a week ago everyone would say he is trash

I'm looking at individual attributes and technique alongside movement off the ball is Havertz calling card. Other facets you can see weaknesses with, such as finishing and aggression

But we should have an avatar for fun. How about a bet on Havertz beating his best Chelsea return here regardless of position, which is PL 11 goal contributions. If you lose you can have a Havertz avi and in turn you can pick my avi if I lose.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
He looked dogshit for Chelsea this year. Chelsea fans this season were resigned to not scoring goals & I think they went an entire month without scoring a premier league goal.

I wouldn't read into his Chelsea form of the past year, he would vibe very differently here and Arteta could resurrect him. Saka, Martinelli, Ødegaard have come on leaps and bounds, Arteta has got a tune out of Nelson and Nketiah. Arteta could reinvent Haavertz and unlock what Chelsea never could.

Also another player who can play multiple positions and at 190cm gives us some height upfront.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

During the WC this forum mocked Rice for being 100M, Mount was laughed at etc. Now these are both we must sign for 200M. That’s fans for you.

lool so true. It’s amazing how every fan base suddenly see a player differently once linked. I was one of those laughing at Mount links, boy do I wish they were true if the other option was this dead German

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When Tuchel spoke about Havertz he said

“I see a bit of Dennis Bergkamp, Robin Van Persie, [Dimitar] Berbatov kind of player.
“He can play in the half position because he has good runs, but also feels free from the nine and creates overload to one side.”

Notice all of these guys are forwards…

Really can’t see Havertz playing in midfield for us but who knows.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
I remember when we lost (a rare recent loss to Chelsea but happened when we we had that terrible start) 2-0 at home to Chelsea, Havertz outplayed us that game. I believe Rob Holding was tasked with man marking Havertz and Havertz used that to split our defence wide open by dropping so deep and left Holding as a deer in headlights.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm looking at individual attributes and technique alongside movement off the ball is Havertz calling card. Other facets you can see weaknesses with, such as finishing and aggression

But we should have an avatar for fun. How about a bet on Havertz beating his best Chelsea return here regardless of position, which is PL 11 goal contributions. If you lose you can have a Havertz avi and in turn you can pick my avi if I lose.
That’s a low bar. The fact that you want to bet a 60 million player will clear 11 goal contribution doesn’t exactly scream a very good signing. Even ESR has cleared that in the past

Goonerfaz

If you have the choice, I'm taking Rice and Caicedo every day of the week. Both young, tactically flexible PL proven players that are ready to step up a level.

Lavia, looks a talent. Very young though and could be a flash in the pan.
Havertz is a talent but a big gamble given his record at Chelsea.

I'm gutted we've withdrawn from the race for Caicedo tbh. I think the guy is a star in the making.
The profile of Lavia and Paulinha interests me, Fulham and Southampton must be licking their lips, seeing the prices quoted by West Ham and Brighton. I agree with you seeing Caicedo going to Chelsea will hurt and he will be a superstar.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

That's partly transfer fees though. Rice is a little overpriced at 100m. If United get Mount for 40-60m he'll be underpriced because if he was at West Ham or Brighton they'd want 100m

If someone could suggest an alternative to Rice who was as good and cheaper I'd happily take it though. But buying none PL players is a bigger risk

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Notice all of these guys are forwards…

Really can’t see Havertz playing in midfield for us but who knows.

The left half space is the offensive position that Xhaka takes up when he goes forward, but it then goes back to asking the question that Havertz would offer nothing that Xhaka did defensively.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He's notoriously not great in the air despite his frame. Not a deal breaker mind and I'm sure he's scored a header or two but still.

Bit of a fairy really. It makes sense but at the same time it's such a strange transfer.

I unfortunately decided to watch some Havertz at Bayer YouTube, and he does actually score a decent amount if headers, but they're not headers where he's smashing over a CB and leaping high, it's down to his late runs where no-one has picked him up and he's scored.

So yeah, weak in the air despite his height.

Tnegs

So basically another striker who can do everything except score goals. The only way this makes sense is if we believe Arteta can turn him into the next Henry or RVP because his Chelsea form is not worth a damn.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I unfortunately decided to watch some Havertz at Bayer YouTube, and he does actually score a decent amount if headers, but they're not headers where he's smashing over a CB and leaping high, it's down to his late runs where no-one has picked him up and he's scored.

So yeah, weak in the air despite his height.

Yeah the well placed ones or when he’s in space he has them all day, he’s not as bad as say Auba for example who himself is 6”1 or 6”2 but horrendous at headers.

For thumping headers or ones where you have to compete he’s not that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom