• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire Ode work rate, but him + Havertz in the center together is asking for troubles, even if you have prime Makelele to cover. Especially with Zinchenko in back 4.

Or maybe we plan to drop Zinny and play with no fullbacks, but i don't like it either.

Let's hope i'm wrong and Mikel is some kind of Rinus Michels reborn and i just struggle to recognize his genius.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Neither Mount or Havertz are LCM mikel you nerd. You better know what you doing

He's probably laughing his arse off with both hands in a huge vat of Brylcreem to smooth his hair going "I don't answer to you or the insects that inhabit A-M".

Or so my perception of his caricature goes :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's probably laughing his arse off with both hands in a huge vat of Brylcreem to smooth his hair going "I don't answer to you or the insects that inhabit A-M".

Or so my perception of his caricature goes :lol:
Im pretty sure this guy going to prove us wrong with another wierd signing lol

bakaboo

Rice was far superior than Partey at every point of season. Partey was showing up having 1 decent performance every 5 or so matches and being very poor the rest. Rice provides superior defensive positional awareness, much more of physical presence, more work rate, better dribbler and very good long distance passer.

Havertz was regarded one of Chelsea's best players in 21/22 season.
I do think that if u put Rice in Partey position (lone DM), his performance will drop. Rice got his excellence stats due to how West Ham play. It is quite amazing how Partey managed to make a very difficult role looks so easy.

Rice will perform well if he took Xhaka previous season role, slightly deeper than current season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I actually need this transfer to happen tbh. I think the talent is there as I've said, but if it doesn't pull through it's going to be great watching people explain this.

I agree. It’s not the most exciting transfer when you compare it to a Xavi Simons for example but some on here were saying Simons was “too saucy” for their liking, so I’m not sure what they want 😂

If people rate the Ødegaard transfer and his technical ability then I’m surprised why they’re looking down at Havertz’s ability tbh. They are both exactly the same age, Ødegaard wasn’t prolific prior to last season and both weren’t really utilised effectively by their previous teams. These factors don’t mean that they’re necessarily bad players but fans needs to understand that transfers don’t work as some of these systems are quite rigid these days and they might need a fresh environment to excel. Still a risk tho.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I understand but AM is different than LCM at AM your focus is to attack create chances no much demands for you defensively other than press high at LCM you have to be balanced and make sure to not leave so much space behind. We don't know Havertz may be successful with right coaching in this position
Yeah I get what you mean. But a lot of that is coaching. Xhaka is from time to time our most advanced player bar Jesus and has a starting position that’s quite high up the pitch when we play out from our own goal (higher than Ødegaard I want to say, but not sure). Havertz also played in the double pivot at times at Leverkusen.

Looking at what kind of players that have become 8’s at City (which we know influences Mikel and he’s probably influenced them a lot as well) you’re looking at D. Silva, KDB and B Silva. Before City they were pure AM’s or wingers all of them. Gündogan is the exception I guess

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

One thing I have to respect about Havertz especially from the Chelsea fans I know is that they always say he’s a big game player but has an issue with the games against the lesser sides.

Can’t hate on a player that wakes up when the lights shine the brightest.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I unfortunately decided to watch some Havertz at Bayer YouTube, and he does actually score a decent amount if headers, but they're not headers where he's smashing over a CB and leaping high, it's down to his late runs where no-one has picked him up and he's scored.

So yeah, weak in the air despite his height.
Yeah, he’s scored a lot of those at Chelsea too.

Saying Havertz is good in the air is like saying Willian created the most chances at Chelsea that season before we brought him, when in reality Willian was just spamming crosses and Havertz doing what you said.

The guy is soft in the air, we’ve all watched him. Numbers don’t always tell the full picture.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

One thing I have to respect about Havertz especially from the Chelsea fans I know is that they always say he’s a big game player but has an issue with the games against the lesser sides.

Can’t hate on a player that wakes up when the lights shine the brightest.

He has played in 3 finals and contributed with 1 goal. How is he a big game player?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He has played in 3 finals and contributed with 1 goal. How is he a big game player?

CL Round Of 16, Quarters and Semis.

If you remember his performance at the Bernabeu in 2022 when Chelsea beat them 3-2 at their stadium, he was fantastic.

Same against BVB in the round of 16, another one he was class. Pretty sure there were others but these are the more recent ones that come to mind.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Imagine buying the guy that tops missed big chances and then get mad at him when he miss big chances
It’s okay because he’s going to be the ‘main man’ and that’s going to make him clinical even though some of the best managers in the world have tried and failed to do the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom