• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeSteak

Established Member
So in the end, Edu missed out on 2 out of 3 targets. The one he got only wanted to talk to Arsenal, was deemed not good enough by his club, was in his last year of contract and even on him, we managed to overspend. This ****ing guy needa to go vegan

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They think he will be a midfielder, we think he will be a left back, he think he will be a centre back.
They are even weirder than us. The manager who hasn’t played him in midfield for 2 years and low came to United with huge budget says I want a new midfielder. My former CB. Why not just buy Alvarez who is a DM who can play CB

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal being put in their place after getting giddy over players far above their level.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
So in the end, Edu missed out on 2 out of 3 targets. The one he got only wanted to talk to Arsenal, was deemed not good enough by his club, was in his last year of contract and even on him, we managed to overspend. This ****ing guy needa to go vegan
I think let's wait until it happens before saying it's happened.

We were never getting all those Wish List names anyway, the £210m spend talk was fanciful, it's like we never learn as fans.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another target missed? If we had lumped the Fabio fee onto Martinez and Raphinha would we still be coming up empty?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Another target missed? If we had lumped the Fabio fee onto Martinez and Raphinha would we still be coming up empty?

If we don’t sign either of those players it’s because they’d rather play somewhere else. Chelsea went and offered £65m for Raphinha straight away and he looks like he’s going to Barcelona.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No reason for a bidding contest. The player has a certain value because of his quality in multiple positions.

Like I said in the beginning, Ten Hag is his manager, but joining that ****show project of United over Arsenal last season at this point makes you question the player's mental capabilities

No one knows what happens there next. And EPL with United is a different animal to Holland with Ajax.

Arsenal is on the rise already with a young squad and most of deadwood gone, while United needs a humongous overhaul and players like Pogba leave for free.

Although I'm sure it's enticing for the player as a midget LCB to bench 80 million fridge Maguire. Can see the appeal for sure.

Legend14

Established Member
I believe Ornstein more than you, sorry pal.
I believe his statistics more than Orstein. 6 appearances at LB in the past 3-4 years. Feel free to research or ask Ornstein about the history.

I also believe those have watched him play the last three years who say he is a LCB.

I guess you can create your own reality… If we put Xhaka at left back and thought it worked, why not Martinez. Seems you are in that camp?

For me, the smart play is to buy a LB if we need a LB. We can’t make things up and expect to be successful. I don’t think Arteta himself intends to play him at LB. We will find out.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I believe his statistics more than Orstein. 6 appearances at LB in the past 3-4 years. Feel free to research or ask Ornstein about the history.

I also believe those have watched him play the last three years who say he is a LCB.

I guess you can create your own reality… If we put Xhaka at left back and thought it worked, why not Martinez. Seems you are in that camp?

For me, the smart play is to buy a LB if we need a LB. We can’t make things up and expect to be successful. I don’t think Arteta himself intends to play him at LB. We will find out.
I know those facts, but playing inverted LB for Arteta isn't that different to playing CB for Ajax. The player has these certain qualities in his play.

The point is that the player wants sure game time as the fee tells. So here it would be first as a LB and 2nd LCB, and after that DMF like Ornstein has informed.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Edu said he has a wishlist? Also gave names? Would like to see it tbh

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Why is everyone acting like this is a done deal because of one quote? A week ago there were reports directly to the contrary, that he wanted to play with Arteta...

We'll see what happens. Yes it is true that United can offer more and can also offer potentially more protagonism in there team, ie, starting LCB outright, whereas with us he would be in various positions and alternating with Tierney at LB. So from that standpoint you have to feel like United probably has the upper hand but they also have a lot of holes to fill and a lot of deals they need to make this summer, more than us.

Either way don't understand why all of a sudden this is being talked about as a foregone conclusion in the last couple pages, have I missed something?

Hopefully we have an interesting back-up plan at LB. I like Lisandro but €40m+ is a lot for a rotation player at LB.

Do worry about United, though, as I've said before, perhaps more than Tottenham. If they get Antony, Frenkie, Lisandro, Malacia, well that's a pretty good team they are constructing under ten Hag and if they manage to add another CM to that mix I think they start to get into territory where they have at least as good a squad as us... :/

Legend14

Established Member
I know those facts, but playing inverted LB for Arteta isn't that different to playing CB for Ajax. The player has these certain qualities in his play.

The point is that the player wants sure game time as the fee tells. So here it would be first as a LB and 2nd LCB, and after that DMF like Ornstein has informed.
Again, we will see.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Why is everyone acting like this is a done deal because of one quote? A week ago there were reports directly to the contrary, that he wanted to play with Arteta...

We'll see what happens. Yes it is true that United can offer more and can also offer potentially more protagonism in there team, ie, starting LCB outright, whereas with us he would be in various positions and alternating with Tierney at LB. So from that standpoint you have to feel like United probably has the upper hand but they also have a lot of holes to fill and a lot of deals they need to make this summer, more than us.

Either way don't understand why all of a sudden this is being talked about as a foregone conclusion in the last couple pages, have I missed something?

Hopefully we have an interesting back-up plan at LB. I like Lisandro but €40m+ is a lot for a rotation player at LB.

Do worry about United, though, as I've said before, perhaps more than Tottenham. If they get Antony, Frenkie, Lisandro, Malacia, well that's a pretty good team they are constructing under ten Hag and if they manage to add another CM to that mix I think they start to get into territory where they have at least as good a squad as us... :/

Im not gonna read all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom