• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Think I said I would expect Ajax to demand €50m with €40-45m as a compromise. I am a big fan of the guy, but if we have to pay more than €40m I really hope it's the last deal after the more glaring weaknesses are sorted.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Think I said I would expect Ajax to demand €50m with €40-45m as a compromise. I am a big fan of the guy, but if we have to pay more than €40m I really hope it's the last deal after the more glaring weaknesses are sorted.
Where do you think he will play if he came to us?

TheDrunkenMaster

We already have 5 cbs whats the point of wasting another 50 Million on another cb. Gabriel, White, Saliba, Tomiyasu and Holding is surely enough cover. All this crap about needing another left footed center back is sillly imo, tomiyasu is as two footed as it gets and a player like Ben white can surely play on the left side. Seems to only make sense if planning to play three at the back in certain games

Legend14

Established Member
We already have 5 cbs whats the point of wasting another 50 Million on another cb. Gabriel, White, Saliba, Tomiyasu and Holding is surely enough cover. All this crap about needing another left footed center back is sillly imo, tomiyasu is as two footed as it gets and a player like Ben white can surely play on the left side. Seems to only make sense if planning to play three at the back in certain games
I don’t think its a priority that’s for sure. He was DM prior to moving to CB. Maybe Arteta sees him as filling in for Xhaka as well.

Badger_Revenge

He doesn't have to be best at LB, he just has to be substantially more solid than Tavares at Left back, which isn't asking much rn. I'd also like someone with a bit more defensive nous, energy and passing range than Elneny when playing midfield. Elneny does a lot of things well enough, but nothing really outstanding.

In the longer run, I think Holding will be off. Bringing Holding on as third CB when we're hanging on is OK, I guess. But Holding as a like for like replacement for White or Gabriel (or Saliba now), causes a big falloff in ability to progress out from the back, which seems key to Arteta's approach. From what I've seen of him, Martinez fixes that problem while being a very good defender.

bergholt

Is "really strongly in" more or less than "in talks" or "keen" or "interested" or "talks ongoing"?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Yes agreed. I get the need for versatility, but ultimately our weakest points is at LB, RB, ball playing CM and CF, areas we actually haven’t addressed yet.

As much as we are moving in the market, have we not moved at all really. Going into preseason even, without filling these positions will be problematic IMO. Watching us play for 5 minutes and these are the areas that stick out in our play.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Despite being linked to rivals can’t say I really fear what they have to offer.

Utd are a mess and Sp**s at best can offer CL football. Can the latter even afford him? Despite their new stadium they still get linked to everyone going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom