• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bored with this, and the looming spectre of the Pepe transfer hangs over any big money deal like a dark shadow.

Reddit says it’s done as he has just followed a blonde girl from London on insta :) :)
We need to move on and forgive the club for the Pepe signing. To me it felt like a vanity project by the Kroenkes to show that they mean business after taking full ownership. Remember Josh coming out and saying “be excited”? It was a costly PR stunt that massively backfired. There was not much thought to the signing and it showed.

I think Arteta and Edu have shown to be very thorough when it comes to our big money transfers. They look at everything. Mentality, personality, athleticism, how they trap the ball, hip shape when dribbling etc.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
While Mudryk just had one good season in a poor League or on counters in the CL with much more spare ahead of him.
This is a gamble no doubt about it but every transfer comes with risks. There is no guaranteed one. People thought Alexis Sanchez, Grealish, Di Maria etc transfers were a sure bet, but all of them failed.

We are probably overpaying for Mudryk but if he turns out to be a success it will be seen as a good deal. We overpaid for White when we bought him but right now no one is dissatisfied with what we paid. We are paying a lot for Mudryk because even though he hasn't been tested in a tougher league or even played a lot of games for his club, he is seen by many as someone who has the potential to become one of the world's best players.

Last summer, before he even produced his stellar performances in the CL, Shakthar turned down bids of almost 30m. He had quite a few clubs scrambling to break their transfer records. The fact that clubs were to willing to do that or the fact that shakthar turned down those bids should tell you that he is seen as something really special.

It is still a risk as he has to translate his performances to a higher level but let's not pretend we are talking about a run of the mill player slightly standing out in a farmer's league.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is a gamble no doubt about it but every transfer comes with risks. There is no guaranteed one. People thought Alexis Sanchez, Grealish, Di Maria etc transfers were a sure bet, but all of them failed.

We are probably overpaying for Mudryk but if he turns out to be a success it will be seen as a good deal. We overpaid for White when we bought him but right now no one is dissatisfied with what we paid. We are paying a lot for Mudryk because even though he hasn't been tested in a tougher league or even played a lot of games for his club, he is seen by many as someone who has the potential to become one of the world's best players.

Last summer, before he even produced his stellar performances in the CL, Shakthar turned down bids of almost 30m. He had quite a few clubs scrambling to break their transfer records. The fact that clubs were to willing to do that or the fact that shakthar turned down those bids should tell you that he is seen as something really special.

It is still a risk as he has to translate his performances to a higher level but let's not pretend we are talking about a run of the mill player slightly standing out in a farmer's league.
The fear for us would be if he absolutely shines in Europa league with shakhtar he would have everyone after him in the summer. Take the gamble now. It’s not like we will go under as a club if he fails. We are a rich club

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

One thing to consider, is that United gave Antony 200k pounds per week. Mudryk has a lower wage currently than Antony at Ajax, and with less experience. So let's say Mudryk gets 100k per week deal. Antony deal is 5+1 years, and I truly hope Arsenal gives a similar length contract for such a big transfer fee move.

If Mudryk's wages are 100k less for 5 years, that makes it 24 million pounds cheaper for the length of contract, than Antony. For 6 years it's 29 million pounds less.

29 million pounds would be like 1/3 of the transfer sum saved. Would make it quite much cheaper than Antony even if the transfer fees are close. All this is taken into account in FFP.

DuBB

My only concern is the fact he's not used to playing regularly against teams who sit deep and restrict space in the box, but he certainly has great close control and will hopefully win a few free kicks and penalties in games which are tight, I'd have love to have seen him come on against Newcastle, as we got too predictable

Actually, the journalist who solely covers Ukranian football made the point that in the CL Shakhtar play counter attacking football, which is why he has space to run into, but in the league pretty much every team Shakthar faces sits deep and plays a low block, so he's actually used to it.

Obviously not at Prem level, but the concept that some have that all he plays is counter attacking football is warped.

Most of his experience is playing against low blocks. The Champions League highlights we see are the actually rarity for him.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I think Arteta and Edu have shown to be very thorough when it comes to our big money transfers. They look at everything. Mentality, personality, athleticism, how they trap the balls, hip shape when dribbling etc.
Shakira next!
Shakira Hips GIF by Latin GRAMMYs

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
They are going to do this deal, hope it works out; he better be the amazing for this kind of money in the midst of a title race; he better be ready to play at a high level right away

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
On balance I think the fee seems heavy, but we are likely to get champions league this year, so I think it's worth it.

It will be nice to have that level of competition on the left, and it gives us always someone to bring on. We all saw the Newcastle game.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I mean it’s balanced posting compared to the ott very emotional stuff that gets posted here where people post ridiculous stuff like “let’s pull out”, “tell them to take 45m or nothing”, “omg why is is this taking so long” etc.

Do you think it is over the top though to pull out of a deal at this price for a player with little to no track record? Walking from this deal seems reasonable to me honestly under the circumstances.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean it’s balanced posting compared to the ott very emotional stuff that gets posted here where people post ridiculous stuff like “let’s pull out”, “tell them to take 45m or nothing”, “omg why is is this taking so long” etc.
Agreed. I been saying from the start. Deal will happen only when the two teams agree on a free

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do you think it is over the top though to pull out of a deal at this price for a player with little to no track record? Walking from this deal seems reasonable to me honestly under the circumstances.
It’s ott and unreasonable for fans to make such claims I think without knowing how transfers are working.

The club might think Mudryk is potentially the best winger on the planet, so going to 70M isn’t too bad.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Same. I’m very much keen on Leão and I fear City will pick him up. I think he’s an upgraded version of Zaha. Anyways on Mudryk I have accepted that we are paying for a premium price because of his profile. He’s a pace merchant with great shooting that is akin to Bale or Robben.
Tbh he looks a better actual dribbler the more I've watched him. As in, he looks quite technical as well as being super quick. Arteta definitely favors the running power which I imagine he wants to use multifunctionally - defend hard from the front, exploit space and manufacture overloads as quickly as possible. Leao is a super talent but I think he's probably more of a maverick talent than anyone we could sign. As fans, we like that of course, but Arteta (and Edu) have been quite meticulous of late in the profiles they're targeting.

Actually, the journalist who solely covers Ukranian football made the point that in the CL Shakhtar play counter attacking football, which is why he has space to run into, but in the league pretty much every team Shakthar faces sits deep and plays a low block, so he's actually used to it.

Obviously not at Prem level, but the concept that some have that all he plays is counter attacking football is warped.

Most of his experience is playing against low blocks. The Champions League highlights we see are the actually rarity for him.
I agree, in their league he does face that, but facing against a Ukraine league low block compared to Newcastle the other week, will be worlds apart

I'm confident that whoever Mikel has identified has got the attributes he see's to fulfil that role, and he can coach him to execute it well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom