• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Infinite resources until we realise that Martinelli breaking down means we are ****ed.

That's why you invest in quality rotation and competition.
Not sure why you guys feel so good and smart when stating the obvious. What I would like to know is how we finance all your wishlist spending. We were hit hard by covid restrictions having a gigantic wage bill, after that one we didn't play CL football (meaning limited income) and our finances were in red last time I checked.

We have to deal with massive new contracts for players who are not earning that much atm, meaning our wage bill is going up as soon as we tie all the boys on long-term contracts.

Rather than you explaining to me how great is to invest and have a big squad, I'd like to know if Kroenke is bailing us out of this financial mess with massive losses year after year, are we taking loans to finance it, or do we plan to sell some players.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not sure why you guys feel so good and smart when stating the obvious. What I would like to know is how we finance all your wishlist spending. We were hit hard by covid restrictions having a gigantic wage bill, after that one we didn't play CL football (meaning limited income) and our finances were in red last time I checked.

We have to deal with massive new contracts for players who are not earning that much atm, meaning our wage bill is going up as soon as we tie all the boys on long-term contracts.

Rather than you explaining to me how great is to invest and have a big squad, I'd like to know if Kroenke is bailing us out of this financial mess with massive losses year after year, are we taking loans to finance it, or do we plan to sell some players.

Mate, enjoy your Christmas, that really isnt your concern.

If you are really interested in our financial position, then go and look at our financial results and the analysis around that. Furthermore, join the AST and make your concerns known there. But honestly, for you to want to justify not extending our quality and depth, for ridiculous amounts of football at the highest level, because you, in your armchair, are nervous about where the money comes from is really strange to me.

The club have paid professionals to deal with your exact questions for 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday, at the very least. Im more than confident that they have not only addressed the questions you ask, strategised around the short, medium and long term. But also asked and answered the questions you havent even thought of yet.

Goonger

I think the losses were a temporary evil, Covid related mostly then the season out of European football. In the recent accounts we made a £45M loss, but even if we were in the Europa League we'd have broken even, and that was after a summer of big investment. European qualification, especially Champions League, and our revenue grows significantly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If you are really interested in our financial position, then go and look at our financial results and the analysis around that. But honestly, for you to want to justify not extending our quality and depth, for ridiculous amounts of football at the highest level, because you, in your armchair, are nervous about where the money comes from is really strange to me.

The club have paid professionals to deal with your exact questions for 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday, at the very least.
I do check it out every year, at least I don't end up moaning here about how we didn't buy all the players you boys wanted.

I was saying a few years back we have to use academy players plus cheap young players from outside of the academy, and people were saying I'm talking rubbish. Now we are top of the league by doing exactly what I was saying the club would/should do back then. I can say stuff like that 3 years earlier because I will at least do my research about the topic, and you are doing your research on Twitter where some ***** says we are in for a new shiny player.

Yeah, we'll buy this guy or some other this winter and spread the cost over the few years, probably expecting that we have a good chance for the CL income next year, but I do wonder if we are backed by Kroenke if we don't get there or do we end up selling our best assets

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think the losses were a temporary evil, Covid related mostly then the season out of European football. In the recent accounts we made a £45M loss, but even if we were in the Europa League we'd have broken even, and that was after a summer of big investment. European qualification, especially Champions League, and our revenue grows significantly.
They were, I'm expecting positive results for the 23/24 season, was just wondering how we are covering for the losses over the past few years. Think we'll also be in a position to sell some players for huge amounts in the near future, the squad is too short atm to do that

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I do check it out every year, at least I don't end up moaning here about how we didn't buy all the players you boys wanted.

I was saying a few years back we have to use academy players plus cheap young players from outside of the academy, and people were saying I'm talking rubbish. Now we are top of the league by doing exactly what I was saying the club would/should do back then. I can say stuff like that 3 years earlier because I will at least do my research about the topic, and you are doing your research on Twitter where some **** says we are in for a new shiny player.

Yeah, we'll buy this guy or some other this winter and spread the cost over the few years, probably expecting that we have a good chance for the CL income next year, but I do wonder if we are backed by Kroenke if we don't get there or do we end up selling our best assets

In short... my reading of the situation is the model Wenger had used for years.

At a basic level, I'd say the club's baseline strategy involves the buying of young, high potential players who are likely to grow into to tremendous assets as they build their profile at the club, through playing time and high level coaching. Looking at Mudryk and perhaps Felix, they both fit the same investment profile.

The next stage in this model, would be to have these players appreciate in value and then sell them off to fund the next phase, and so on.

I would hope that they would look to do it the way Wenger did it, extracting as much out of the player, and making the sale post their best years at the club.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In short... my reading of the situation is the model Wenger has used for years while with us.

At a basic level, I'd say the club's baseline strategy involves the buying of young, high potential players who are likely to grow into to tremendous assets as they build their profile at the club. Looking at Mudryk and perhaps Felix, they both fit the same investment profile.

The next stage in this model, would be to have these players appreciate in value and then sell them off to fund the next phase, and so on.

I would hope that they would look to do it the way Wenger did it, extracting as much out of the player, and making the sale post their best years at the club.
Finally something we agree with :lol:

It's a bit controversial though when you sell your players for profits so not every fan will like it (which happened a lot with Wenger), but it is our only chance for success in a highly competitive (and unfair) market.

Mudryk is a bit expensive and you can't make mistakes with that type of transfer, that's something Wenger was avoiding

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Shutterstock_10543239dw.jpg

I'm sure @Trilly meant to ask about someone, who wasn't a certified crybaby weakling, to come to Arsenal with a neck tattoo? :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finally something we agree with :lol:

It's a bit controversial though when you sell your players for profits so not every fan will like it (which happened a lot with Wenger), but it is our only chance for success in a highly competitive (and unfair) market.

Mudryk is a bit expensive and you can't make mistakes with that type of transfer, that's something Wenger was avoiding

I think modern football you can always shift players for a loss. However, we put players on wages they couldn't earn elsewhere so players ran their deals down and went on frees to match their wage.

If you move jobs and get 40k year. You are not going to go to a job where you get 20k a year. Pepe earns roughly 130k a week. Taking a pay cut to go to 80k a week simply won't happen. He would rather say " I will fight for my place" till he leaves on a free and can get a high wage and signing on bonus.

The mistake now is putting players on big wages not necessarily fees. So if we spend 60 million on Mudryk. I am fine with it as long as he is on 80k a week. The same wage as Darwin Nunez.

Play well and you get a pay rise like Martinelli.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think modern football you can always shift players for a loss. However, we put players on wages they couldn't earn elsewhere so players ran their deals down and went on frees to match their wage.

If you move jobs and get 40k year. You are not going to go to a job where you get 20k a year. Pepe earns roughly 130k a week. Taking a pay cut to go to 80k a week simply won't happen. He would rather say " I will fight for my place" till he leaves on a free and can get a high wage and signing on bonus.

The mistake now is putting players on big wages not necessarily fees. So if we spend 60 million on Mudryk. I am fine with it as long as he is on 80k a week. The same wage as Darwin Nunez.

Play well and you get a pay rise like Martinelli.
The idea is nice but finding a player who will accept 80k a week now isn't that easy. Especially if they are an attacker and are good enough to push the squad/team on another level.

Players like Pulisic (150k), Scammaca (90-95k), Bowen (100k), Kulusevski (110k) are all run of the mill attackers. All touching or over 100k. Eddie's on close to that as well so imagine you are in the room and Arteta and Edu are there trying to convince you that Arsenal is the best club for you and to ignore the likes of United, Chelsea, maybe Milans, Bayern, PSG etc and you are offered 80k. You sitting there thinking Eddie's on more than me picking splinters out of his ass.

I haven't seen any reports that indicate Nunez is on 80k a week. Having googled it, anything I have read falls between 140-165k a week. So basically double what you've quoted. That's before we take into account signing on fees etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So another confirmation he top target. By our journalist gunnerblog even tho he clueless with transfers but we got zero trustworthy journalist.

Go get him early then .

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The idea is nice but finding a player who will accept 80k a week now isn't that easy. Especially if they are an attacker and are good enough to push the squad/team on another level.

Players like Pulisic (150k), Scammaca (90-95k), Bowen (100k), Kulusevski (110k) are all run of the mill attackers. All touching or over 100k. Eddie's on close to that as well so imagine you are in the room and Arteta and Edu are there trying to convince you that Arsenal is the best club for you and to ignore the likes of United, Chelsea, maybe Milans, Bayern, PSG etc and you are offered 80k. You sitting there thinking Eddie's on more than me picking splinters out of his ass.

I haven't seen any reports that indicate Nunez is on 80k a week. Having googled it, anything I have read falls between 140-165k a week. So basically double what you've quoted. That's before we take into account signing on fees etc.

You are right. 80k is too low, but I don't think Nunez is on 140k. Some outlets have suggested lower.

The point I am trying to make is if we spend say 60 million on Mudryk, we are buying him based on potential, adaptation and improvement. He can't walk in and have parity with someone like Martinelli, who has earned his wage.

Pepe came in off one good season at peak age for 140k. He will never get offered that anywhere else, so we simply can't sell him.

Put Mudryk on 200k and if he flops or gets injured that's it. He's sitting at our club seeing out his 5 year contract.

Wages are really difficult. I'm really intrigued to know the hierarchy.

Personally I would make Saka our highest earner. I think he's our best player. He's our most consistent player. He plays the most minutes and he deserves it. He is the face of Arsenal.

Then I'd say Jesus, for experience and impact, his wage is justified.

I'd have Partey, Xhaka, Martinelli, Ødegaard and Saliba all in the same wage bracket.

White just below that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You are right. 80k is too low, but I don't think Nunez is on 140k. Some outlets have suggested lower.

The point I am trying to make is if we spend say 60 million on Mudryk, we are buying him based on potential, adaptation and improvement. He can't walk in and have parity with someone like Martinelli, who has earned his wage.

Pepe came in off one good season at peak age for 140k. He will never get offered that anywhere else, so we simply can't sell him.

Put Mudryk on 200k and if he flops or gets injured that's it. He's sitting at our club seeing out his 5 year contract.

Wages are really difficult. I'm really intrigued to know the hierarchy.

Personally I would make Saka our highest earner. I think he's our best player. He's our most consistent player. He plays the most minutes and he deserves it. He is the face of Arsenal.

Then I'd say Jesus, for experience and impact, his wage is justified.

I'd have Partey, Xhaka, Martinelli, Ødegaard and Saliba all in the same wage bracket.

White just below that.
All the outlets I have read have Nunez on 140-165k. I haven't seen anything lower. Henderson, Fabinho, Firmino etc are all on 140k-190k. Nunez falls within that for sure.

As for Mudryk, I agree he shouldn't be offered 200k a week. But 80k a week neither. He probably will fall around the Pepe money 120-130k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom