• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

āœļø OFFICIAL Oleksandr Zinchenko šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I am intrigued. Seems the consensus now is he'll play LB, but the truth is, he's not not best defensively. But then, we are used to that with Tierney. At least in Zinchenko we'll get technical security and ability to build from the back. The boy can pick out a good cross too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Good he not going back to London just get it all done in USA so at least he can get into pre-season with us and even get some minutes against Chelsea in last game

cannonade

Established Member
I am intrigued. Seems the consensus now is he'll play LB, but the truth is, he's not not best defensively. But then, we are used to that with Tierney. At least in Zinchenko we'll get technical security and ability to build from the back. The boy can pick out a good cross too.
Weā€™ll need him at LB to start, but transition him to MF in the near future, I hope. Or if we go to 3 In the back heā€™ll slot in centrally.

Henry boi

This is a very interesting signing when you consider we are not losing Xhaka or KT this season, this boy is essentially a CM playing LB he is so comfortable with the ball at his feet, makes me think that we aren't going to be signing a CM and it wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a favorite here playing CM. But me personally i would buy another CM and use him as a LB that would allow us to completely dominate games in terms of possession because he would contribute so much from that position and drifting in wards, bring in a Tielemans and we become a different animal in possession.
But with Viera here and how highly he is rated I don't see it happening

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This is a very interesting signing when you consider we are not losing Xhaka or KT this season, this boy is essentially a CM playing LB he is so comfortable with the ball at his feet, makes me think that we aren't going to be signing a CM and it wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a favorite here playing CM. But me personally i would buy another CM and use him as a LB that would allow us to completely dominate games in terms of possession because he would contribute so much from that position and drifting in wards, bring in a Tielemans and we become a different animal in possession.
But with Viera here and how highly he is rated I don't see it happening
I would be surprised if we bring in Tielemans now but who knows?
If you had given me the choice of one signing between the 2 would def gone for Zinchenko due to versatility.
I think he will be used LCM, LB & maybe even DCM now & again? Don't think LB is his best position but he is a far more reliable option than Nuno at present.

Henry boi

I would be surprised if we bring in Tielemans now but who knows?
If you had given me the choice of one signing between the 2 would def gone for Zinchenko due to versatility.
I think he will be used LCM, LB & maybe even DCM now & again? Don't think LB is his best position but he is a far more reliable option than Nuno at present.
A fascinating signing because we are all excited to see how he'll be used

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

A fascinating signing because we are all excited to see how he'll be used
The rumours broke after Martinez was way too expensive. Both can fit the inverted LB role well.

Tierney being so injury-prone, it's pretty clear to me that Zinchenko was bought first as a LB.

No way Arteta wants to risk his season again not having quality rotation at LB. This time it seems he has the money to improve that area.

Zinchenko played like 1000 EPL minutes last season at City and they want Cucurella so after winning trophies there he surely wants to play much more.

Here he does at LB, in a top 6 club, and if Tierney is fit enough, he can get minutes in midfield.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Definitely will be in midfield, he's perfect for Arteta's tactical tinkering, we'll be 2-0 up and at 70mins arteta will bring on Rob holding for Tierney and Zinck will go from midfield to Lb and we'll scrape a 2-2 draw.

Goonger

Im not sure where he'll start either. I always thought he was a bit meh. However, the only thing I'm going to say, is if his performance in midfield for Ukraine vs Scotland is typical for his performance for them in that position, he will be a very good option in midfield, as he bossed us that day in our own ground and decent premier league midfielders like John Mcginn were left chasing shadows.

Was one of those performances that make you say wow, I get it now.

Multipass

If it doesnā€™t exist already we really need a thread where people can go to only see positive sentiments about the club. You know a place to celebrate performances, signings and progress. We can always go back to every other thread to see the opinions of the naysayers that generate most the discussion.

Finding it tiring to see the amount of relentless negativity around our players, manager and owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

ArsĆØne Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom