• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Kluivert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I had been told by some friends on the inside that this was actually done before Xmas. So this is probably old news rehashed.

In Spain it is the secret everyone knows, ... aahh who knows if it will happen? Great for T Shirt sales though if true.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Web, if this is true then you will be the happiest man on the planet. :lol:

Yeah I have been a little vocal of my support for him. I will look a complete **** if he does not come in Summer LOL. Oh well not the first time.

My friends in Spain though seem to think it is all go. They were right about Beckham from a very early stage.

lewdikris

Established Member
He's not out of contract in the summer.

Well, the rumour mill has exploded this morning. Reyes, Kluivert, Van Persie....

SOMETHING'S gonna happen....

Webdesignlab

Established Member
lewdikris said:
He's not out of contract in the summer.

Well, the rumour mill has exploded this morning. Reyes, Kluivert, Van Persie....

SOMETHING'S gonna happen....

I think it was you who said that Saha's signing will trigger AW into action and you were right. (If it wasn't you just pretend it was and take Mr X's glory - no one will know LOL)

Do seem exciting days though.

thegame24

Established Member
100k isnt really much especially when we are paying only 2 million quid for him.

isnt sol campbell being payed really igh wages also? because we got him on free.

if we get kluivert im suprised why would get reyes too? especially since weve been linked to RVP.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
thegame24 said:
if we get kluivert im suprised why would get reyes too? especially since weve been linked to RVP.

Kluivert speaks Spanish, that would really help Reyes fit in. If both came.

Bergyfan

In the worst case, we're looking at losing all but Henry up forward at the end of the season so AW is going to have to do some serious buying to get an instant forward setup up (e.g. Kluivert) as well as setting up for the longer term with Aliadiere and Reyes. Have faith.

Soler

Established Member
While looking on the UEFA site, I just noticed something on the Holland Euro 2004 Page.

Patrick Kluivert 1.07.1976
Ruud van Nistelrooij 1.07.1976

-shudder-

Henry14

Kluivert will earn a whopping 115 grand a week at Highbury.

Kluivert is a Nike guy, with Nike suppos'dly helping in the funding of the new stadium, I'm sure they'd be willing to pick up a portion of his wages...

Valleyman

Henry14 said:
Kluivert will earn a whopping 115 grand a week at Highbury.

Kluivert is a Nike guy, with Nike suppos'dly helping in the funding of the new stadium, I'm sure they'd be willing to pick up a portion of his wages...
Let's hope so, as otherwise I don't see him coming here, as much as I'd like him to.

Olofski

Considering that the cut-price is only 2 mill, Kluivert is in a nice position where he can ask for that kind of wage! Very very high indeed but I think one have to see it like The Gunners buy him for 17 mill(If the total wage will be 15 mill for three years).

I think this news is not true! I can't imagine Wenger would pay that much for a striker like Kluivert. Even if he is one of the most profilic players in Europe he is in my eyes overrated. Some years ago this wage would have been suitable but at the moment he is not worth that much...

Sammer

Established Member
100K per week is insane for Kluivert. Yes he is good. But he displayed attitueds in the past, that make a signing like this risky.

Plus: you have to justify wages of that kind...this can create quite turbulences within the team.

goonerlove

I think what Sammer is saying is that if you bring in PK and he makes more money than everyone else on the team, there is going to be some potential for resentment and unrest...

Only way I see this working is if he agreed to a pretty steep wage cut...

Goonerlove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom