• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
My issue with him is I don’t think we need another creator.

What I like about Richarlison is more of a blunt intstrument, score first wide man who fits what we need.

Raphinha is a top player but why is the club putting so much money into creative midfielders in successive windows when we’ve given away our golden boot winning striker like he’s a box of cookies.

Zero sense.
he direct and score goals if we aren't signing striker with G.Jesus then sign a guy who at least can give you that. also not to mention he workhorse and Arteta does like that someone who can press high of pitch. Richarlison is similar quality but he more a goal scorer than all rounded. we'll see but one them i wouldn't mind

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

he direct and score goals if we aren't signing striker with G.Jesus then sign a guy who at least can give you that. also not to mention he workhorse and Arteta does like that someone who can press high of pitch. Richarlison is similar quality but he more a goal scorer than all rounded. we'll see but one them i wouldn't mind

I don’t see him as an out and out goal getter though. If you want to get anywhere you need goals.

Richarlison can give you around 15 goals even if he has terrible games. I like our creative game but we’re pathetic up front.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Just noticed that The Athletic added Gunnertwats name to the story. He is so forgettable.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tbh, thinking about it, Arteta is a poundland Pep, who has played Foden, a left footer, on the left a lot. He's probably saw that on the telly and got ideas.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
My issue with him is I don’t think we need another creator.

What I like about Richarlison is more of a blunt intstrument, score first wide man who fits what we need.

Raphinha is a top player but why is the club putting so much money into creative midfielders in successive windows when we’ve given away our golden boot winning striker like he’s a box of cookies.

Zero sense.

Still kind of a chicken and egg situation. We need goals, but we also don't create a lot of chances.

I don't see us getting overtly better at creating said chances under this current version of Arsenal (Mikel or otherwise), so I rather have someone who'll at least try to score at every opportunity.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

oh f*ck off Arteta let the boy enjoy his career for ffs

If he has any sense, he'll sign up to play for Conte. Any ambitious player would.

No sense in getting involved with a no-mark charlatan who you know will likely be sacked before your contract is subject for renewal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still kind of a chicken and egg situation. We need goals, but we also don't create a lot of chances.

I don't see us getting overtly better at creating said chances under this current version of Arsenal (Mikel or otherwise), so I rather have someone who'll at least try to score at every opportunity.

I think we create enough chances on balance.

We were 4th in terms of Shot creating Actions but midtable in terms of goal creating actions.

I don’t see where we get the improvement we want spending 50M+ on Raphinha.

Whether it’s through wide forward or striker we need to find goals.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think we create enough chances on balance.

We were 4th in terms of Shot creating Actions but midtable in terms of goal creating actions.

I don’t see where we get the improvement we want spending 50M+ on Raphinha.

Whether it’s through wide forward or striker we need to find goals.
The only logical explanation would be saka replacement. Otherwise it makes zero sense

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The only logical explanation would be saka replacement. Otherwise it makes zero sense

I think they want him to play opposite Saka because ESR/Martinelli might not be able to do it.

Issue is you then have three midfielders who can create but are pretty goal shy compared to what we need.

Especially when we also add a non prolific striker like Jesus.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think they want him to play opposite Saka because ESR/Martinelli might not be able to do it.

Issue is you then have three midfielders who can create but are pretty goal shy compared to what we need.

Especially when we also add a non prolific striker like Jesus.
he said this in march

Speaking to Sky Sports, Arteta listed the requirements a new centre-forward signing would need to bring to his team and the club.

‘He puts the ball in the net, that’s priority number one. Goal threat,’ he said. ‘Any successful team needs enough goal threat in the squad. Without it, you have nothing. You can play good football but you need enough goal threat in the team.

As you say playing 5 players who are not much of scorers behind either Jesus or Nketiah is actually take our attack backwards and I can say we will enter this season with worse attack than last season

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Very good player but with some draw backs for us tactically.

If Raphina signs for the reported few the management will force him to be an automatic starter. This means moving Saka from his much preferred position from LW to RW which hinders him despite his versatility. Dropping an inform LW in Martinelli of whom was already competing the role with ESR ( our second highest goal scorer and a another very good player).

Spending a huge amount of money on player that restricts on player effectiveness and reduces playing time two very good players with very high potential and when Ralphina is arguably not better than these players - doesn't make sense to me.

It would much more beneficial if we address our problems and use the money to sign CF, 2 x CMs for the first team and a back up LB.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Is there an actually strong link or is this another one of those "Arsenal are following but the priority remains Tielemans" rumours?

Would be an excellent buy tbf, Edu deserves praise if he makes this happen

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is there an actually strong link or is this another one of those "Arsenal are following but the priority remains Tielemans" rumours?

Would be an excellent buy tbf, Edu deserves praise if he makes this happen
yes it confirmed by the atheltic it's only early stages and it's interest. we won't be moving for him until we get Tielemans and Jesus first.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Very good player but with some draw backs for us tactically.

If Raphina signs for the reported few the management will force him to be an automatic starter. This means moving Saka from his much preferred position from LW to RW which hinders him despite his versatility. Dropping an inform LW in Martinelli of whom was already competing the role with ESR ( our second highest goal scorer and a another very good player).

Spending a huge amount of money on player that restricts on player effectiveness and reduces playing time two very good players with very high potential and when Ralphina is arguably not better than these players - doesn't make sense to me.

It would much more beneficial if we address our problems and use the money to sign CF, 2 x CMs for the first team and a back up LB.
Not necessarily, if Arteta is trying to get a properly fluid front 3 going it makes sense. He can play on left or right, so can Saka. Their best is probably on the right sure but Raphinha is a massive threat either way and without him we effectively have no right winger if Saka goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom