• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gnabry over Raphina every day of the week. No brainier.

Did you see that video Onlyone posted of Alexis' Emirates debut, replacing Joel Campbell...after both lit up the 2014 World Cup?

Those were the days, man...a young Gnabry on the books back then for us too 🥲

Obviously not because he wouldn't get the gametime. Here, as a LW and how much we cross the ball from the right, he would. He's had 2 seasons where he scored 13 for Everton.
Because he is their main man.
He has always seemed like a poor man's Sterling for me and would frustrate the hell out of everyone here which means the bench, which means no goals!

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

What? ‘The Process’ version 3 (after crazy old, then crazy young) is to now get a squad full of Brazilians. Keep up bro. He won’t get top 4 til then.
The Brazilians with the similar output in similar amount of appearances compared to the previous forwards that everybody slagged off :lol:

It's ridiculous, but we seem to be imitating modern Man U where the season highlights tend to be in the summer transfer window.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The hard truth that Raphinha is better than Saka? Hmmm, not sure I buy that one tbh and I like Raphinha as a player.
What? I’m talking about Saka getting moved to the left for Raphinha to play on his favoured side. Stop trying to force your opinion on what my opinion on Saka is.
Saka is still only 20 and he's won an FA Cup, reached a Euro's finals and posted an 11 goal / 7 assist season. That's absolutely elite. Raphinha wasn't even playing professional club football at Saka's age.

An 11 goal 7 assist season isn’t elite though, behave. Sounds like you’re talking about potential vs actual ability. As for the rest of the stuff I’m not sure why you’re mentioning team accomplishments to compare player ability? Saka didn’t even start the FA cup final that we won. What’s the relevance? You’re countering a point I haven’t made with some weird points. I don’t understand why.

If Raph gets an 18 G+A season next year with Arsenal then we're all going to be very happy.
Pepe got that and nobody gave a sh*t. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Brazilians with the similar output in similar amount of appearances compared to the previous forwards that everybody slagged off :lol:

It's ridiculous, but we seem to be imitating modern Man U where the season highlights tend to be in the summer transfer window.
Surprised his stats are anywhere near as good as Auba’s.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure this has been posted already, but man Henry's influence was crazy. I probably wouldn't have been an Arsenal fan without him. How many players in the last 10-15 years have talked about watching Henry? I think he's probably a tad underrated in the grand scheme of things which is crazy, but he could arguably considered one of the top 10 forwards of all time if your really think about it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That i like Raphinha and want him but is kind of embarrased by the way Arsenal fans overrate him. Not aimed at you.

He's a potentially exciting player but I'd be a lot more excited if Wenger was manager tbh. I don't think he's gonna be pulling up crazy numbers first and foremost and he'll have to work within the confines of a limiting system which people seem to always forget during the off season. We've seen some many of our forwards, wingers, attackers, creative players all have dips in form, they all have moments where they score and assist a few but they've all faded at various times too.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

That i like Raphinha and want him but is kind of embarrased by the way Arsenal fans overrate him. Not aimed at you.
He's definitely exciting but yeah some of the issues we have are bigger than him.

He's performing in a lesser team so there is logic to his output increasing next to Jesus and Saka or whatever.

blrgooner

Established Member
In the last few pages here, the player being incredibly overrated is Pepe. That after watching him for 2 years, people here are comparing numbers without context between Raphinha and Pepe.
I actually like Pepe but he is nowhere close to Raphinha. Saka and Raphinha have been the best wide attackers outside city and pool and son(who pretty much is a striker) in the last 2 seasons .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s similar to Pepe in ways people aren’t really ready to discuss. Even in that original tweet you have people burying their head under the sand when being presented with stats.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's definitely exciting but yeah some of the issues we have are bigger than him.

He's performing in a lesser team so there is logic to his output increasing next to Jesus and Saka or whatever.

On the other hand Leeds under MB played batshit crazing football, basically every player bombed on when they had the ball. More scope to play final passes and whatnot. Teams probably give Leeds more space as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom