• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Idk, going off youtube (haven't really watched much of him admittedly so I could be wrong) I noticed this guy rarely goes on the outside when going against a fullback. Tbh he seems like another cut in and shoot/cross merchant like Pepe when playing on the right. I think I just saw a single weak foot cross/cut back in a whole video. For that reason alone I don't think it would be worth moving a player like Saka who is comfortable in going both inside and outside vs fullbacks and is capable of delivering the final ball with both feet. We got a pretty static one footed Øde already operating in similiar spaces trying to cut in, we don't need another one who wants to do the same.

Saka stays RW and Raph goes LW imo.

Raph Vieira/Tiele? Jesus Øde Saka
Martinez Partey Tomi​

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This video reminds me of Özil comps where our strikers would miss chance after chance, I think Raphina if he stays fit and plays on the right will get double digit assists and goals

Jesus is good enough to get similar numbers in goals and assists even if he might not be the 15-20+ goal machine that I'm hoping he will become at Arsenal.

The only question mark is can Saka produce the numbers he produced this year while playing on the left of this front line.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This video reminds me of Özil comps where our strikers would miss chance after chance, I think Raphina if he stays fit and plays on the right will get double digit assists and goals

Jesus is good enough to get similar numbers in goals and assists even if he might not be the 15-20+ goal machine that I'm hoping he will become at Arsenal.

The only question mark is can Saka produce the numbers he produced this year while playing on the left of this front line.
I'm calling it now. We won't buy a left 8 and everyone will lose their minds. Saka will play there and absolutely explode.

Martinelli/ESR-----Jesus/Eddie---Raphinha
----------Saka/Lokonga--Ødegaard/Vieira
------------------------------Partey

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Why are we even after him? Gnabry is twice, maybe even thrice the player, is experienced, a former gunner, and a serial winner. He'd also not affect Saka's best positioning. Someone tell me just why we are so crazy after the twerker!?
Gnabry asking for crazy money, 400k a week kinda stuff.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah I lasted 2 minutes before I started getting flashbacks. Wtf are those misses from his teammates. Unreal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I hope he can be that match-winner when things aren't going our way and turns up on the big occasions like Alexis did so many times before.

Also, this is one of my favorite clips:

Amazing moment, as you say...if only we didn't **** up the 2015 window, that team would have won a league title too.

Preferred 14/15 Sanchez to 16/17 Sanchez, even if his output was higher in the latter...us having a better team in 14/15 is one of the reasons, but he was just so explosive in that first season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I'm calling it now. We won't buy a left 8 and everyone will lose their minds. Saka will play there and absolutely explode.

You, me, and everyone else on here knows Xhaka will be a mainstay.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Imagine if he was properly integrated and the manager didn’t hate his guts :(

Saw an interview on YouTube recently, in the FA cup winning season, with Auba and Pepe.

Was a stupid quiz, but quite funny... especially when they were asked to name as many French League golden boot winners as they can, and neither named Laca :lol:

Liked them all as characters.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Idk, going off youtube (haven't really watched much of him admittedly so I could be wrong) I noticed this guy rarely goes on the outside when going against a fullback. Tbh he seems like another cut in and shoot/cross merchant like Pepe when playing on the right. I think I just saw a single weak foot cross/cut back in a whole video. For that reason alone I don't think it would be worth moving a player like Saka who is comfortable in going both inside and outside vs fullbacks and is capable of delivering the final ball with both feet. We got a pretty static one footed Øde already operating in similiar spaces trying to cut in, we don't need another one who wants to do the same.

Saka stays RW and Raph goes LW imo.

Raph Vieira/Tiele? Jesus Øde Saka
Martinez Partey Tomi​

Saka never goes on the outside when he plays on the right either though. It's something that's frustrated me as he's definitely capable of it but for whatever reason he's always looking to cut in as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But.. but.. shiny new toy!
I don’t think any sane person think raphina is huge upgrade on pepe. But the club has religiously backed the manager and would write of any players he don’t want. He don’t want pepe or like him. Doesn’t matter if he is 72 million player or his stats. He is not worth anything to us right now.

So raphina coming or not has no bearing on pepe as he won’t play. Arteta next season would rather give a kid a chance. As long as Arteta is manager we should not buy a black player from France or French speaking country. He is still holding a grudge for being bullied at psg

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Hear me out, you can call me crazy after reading :).

Agreed. For me it would make even more sense if we can resurrect Pepe, and use the saved funds to upgrade both fullbacks. You give the team the ability, and back up ability to push up, hold possession and keep pressure in advanced areas, that's what City and Pool do.

Also leaves the door open for a solid forward in the coming windows, someone like Osimhen, Tammy, Scamacca, Schick, Leao, Broja, perhaps even Vlahovic again.

In: Jesus, Raphinha, Fabio Vieira, Martinez, RB.

Martinelli/ESR------------Jesus/Eddie------Raphinha/Pepe
-------------Saka/Xhaka-----------Ode/Vieira
---------------- Partey/Elneny/Lokonga/Martinez
Martinez/Tierney---Gabby/Martinez--White/Saliba----Tomi/RB
-----------------------------Ramsdale/Leno/Turner

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It’s crazy raphina will go for 65-70 million pounds but it’s been written off that we can get 20 million for Pepe. Only hope is a loan with option to buy supposedly. We understand his weaknesses but surely there are mid table clubs in the PL who could do with that level of output and imagine if he exploded again like at Lille under the right structure.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Hear me out, you can call me crazy after reading :).

Agreed. For me it would make even more sense if we can resurrect Pepe, and use the saved funds to upgrade both fullbacks. You give the team the ability, and back up ability to push up, hold possession and keep pressure in advanced areas, that's what City and Pool do.

Also leaves the door open for a solid forward in the coming windows, someone like Osimhen, Tammy, Scamacca, Schick, Leao, Broja, perhaps even Vlahovic again.

In: Jesus, Raphinha, Fabio Vieira, Martinez, RB.

Martinelli/ESR------------Jesus/Eddie------Raphinha/Pepe
-------------Saka/Xhaka-----------Ode/Vieira
---------------- Partey/Elneny/Lokonga/Martinez
Martinez/Tierney---Gabby/Martinez--White/Saliba----Tomi/RB
-----------------------------Ramsdale/Leno/Turner

Just don't see us not bringing in a left 8 like Tielemans who can play deeper as well. I look at that line-up and it screams again a Partey injury and suddenly it's weak.

At least with Tielemans if Partey goes down you have a base of Xhaka Tielemans which in theory should be good enough for the majority of teams outside the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom