• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Yes they want 20m and if last bid figures are true it touches 18m its close but we need to move quick because we have alot of things to do.

it's not like we are working only on one deal at once.

it's the job from Edu & Co. to get the best possible deal, even if it means saving 1 or 2m - i mean, that's still a lot of money.

and looks like Lokonga wants to join us and we are not in hurry, because the training hasn't started yet anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

it's the job from Edu & Co. to get the best possible deal, even if it means saving 1 or 2m - i mean, that's still a lot of money.

and looks like Lokonga wants to join us and we are not in hurry, because the training hasn't started yet anyway.
Yes but i have trust issues with our club 😅. Yes does seem he agreed term with us so we in comfertable position

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Until Aston Villa comes with 1-2M better offer and good bye Lokonga. You know that never happened to us.

Gn1212

I know its negotiations but classic from us trying saving 1-2m and not offer what that club. mister wenger style.
Tbh, I doubt it's as simple.
Lokonga is a highly rated young midfielder that apparently has many sides following him. Say we go in with their exact demands, Anderlecht will see that we have deep pockets and are desperate. They can then try to stall it by claiming there's interest elsewhere so their asking price is now bumped and we end up paying 20-25m plus add-ons.
This has a chain effect too, if clubs see you spending this kind of money on unproven property then you best believe they'll quote you mad money for other targets.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I know its negotiations but classic from us trying saving 1-2m and not offer what that club. mister wenger style.
It’s notorious Arsenal is one of the least classy clubs to deal with. Arsenal on purpose always go low and drag on and at times their relationship with clubs become worse with after dealing with us. Luckily the club has world class pr team who has convinced many people this is classy club. It’s always been a classless arrogant club

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The more I think about this one the more I think will we actually not start this guy if we spend over £15M for him? What would be the reason not to start him?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
The more I think about this one the more I think will we actually not start this guy if we spend over £15M for him? What would be the reason not to start him?
Surely, 15-20m isn't a fee that commands a starting spot in our squad? I see Lokonga as a prospect signing. We're short at 6 where we could use a young player with his profile. If he does well, he could become a starter quickly, but I don't see him as an immediate starter.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We are signing him to replace Ceballos and are likely spending 30m plus on another player to replace Xhaka. Presumably this other player will be the starter.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It was clever, the guy had a release clause. Why would you pay over 40m and a pound if the release clause is anything over 40m...
Agree. You'd be stupid to pay more than a release clause. The £40m +1 is a total non story. The **** up was either a legal one, or not having the balls to follow through after legally getting Suarez's services. Sounds like he basically got cold feet.

No real evidence that we are worse in the transfer window than other big clubs. Under Wenger we were definitely classy and I think we still are, mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom