• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gn1212

The more I think about this one the more I think will we actually not start this guy if we spend over £15M for him? What would be the reason not to start him?
If he is good enough he will start but he's not being brought with that expectation. I think Wheatley and others made that clear.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Surely will contribute more than Ceballos did last season and Guendouzi pretty much pays for the transfer fee.

I've never saw the kid play, but can get behind this transfer.

neimad

Agree. You'd be stupid to pay more than a release clause. The £40m +1 is a total non story. The **** up was either a legal one, or not having the balls to follow through after legally getting Suarez's services. Sounds like he basically got cold feet.

No real evidence that we are worse in the transfer window than other big clubs. Under Wenger we were definitely classy and I think we still are, mostly

I think I read about Suarez's agent making a balls of the bid. He'd indicated that the 40million + 1 would work but then when Liverpool lost their **** we scurried away. We were too nice about it basically.

We do seem to be a nightmare for clubs to negotiate with. Countless instances of clubs being frustrated with our approach. Hopefully, this has changed with recent appointments.

Seem to be still much slower than most clubs and the announcements come sometimes a week after it's done and dusted. They manage to take the shine off it and it becomes more relief than a celebration.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If he is good enough he will start but he's not being brought with that expectation. I think Wheatley and others made that clear.
In addition last season he played 2385 league minutes, season before 1994 league minutes.

It was 2 years ago when he came back from a 206 day break after a cruciate ligament rupture.

EPL is much tougher and 3420 minutes, so it's certain this guy won't be bought as a starter. It would be very stupid to play him too much straight away.

They will certainly buy a starter in addition to Sambi Lokonga.

Btw. are people worried about his earlier knee injuries? He hasn't had much problems since, but I wonder will that come to haunt in some way. Young people should heal better of course, and not sure if for example Hudson-Odoi was affected that heavily?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In addition last season he played 2385 league minutes, season before 1994 league minutes.

It was 2 years ago when he came back from a 206 day break after a cruciate ligament rupture.

EPL is much tougher and 3420 minutes, so it's certain this guy won't be bought as a starter. It would be very stupid to play him too much straight away.

They will certainly buy a starter in addition to Sambi Lokonga.
He’s had a ligament rupture before??? Wtf

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Btw. are people worried about his earlier knee injuries? He hasn't had much problems since, but I wonder will that come to haunt in some way. Young people should heal better of course, and not sure if for example Hudson-Odoi was affected that heavily?
Never noticed anything about that since his recovery.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
No real evidence that we are worse in the transfer window than other big clubs. Under Wenger we were definitely classy and I think we still are, mostly

I think we're probably viewed as quite a penny pinching club to deal with. I'm not against that really though. A few times even under Wenger we put in offensively low opening bids for players :lol:

There's always been a bit of banter about our negotiating skills / personnel. For me nothing will top the time **** Law got lost in Costa Rica trying to sign Joel Campbell. Legendary stuff 🤣

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lets hope he is the next Tielemens and can challenge Partey for his spot if he continues to underperform.

goldengod

If we sign this guy it sounds like smart transfer business as essentially we'd be using the Guendouzi money for him, and sorts out one position we needed to replace (Ceballos).

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think we're probably viewed as quite a penny pinching club to deal with. I'm not against that really though. A few times even under Wenger we put in offensively low opening bids for players though :lol:

There's always been a bit of banter about our negotiating skills / personnel. For me nothing will top the time **** Law got lost in Costa Rica trying to sign Joel Campbell. Legendary stuff 🤣
Oh yeah definitely viewed as penny pinchers. Nothing wrong with that though, although it's frustrating for fans. The transfer market is a proper wild west. Tons of bonkers stories. The one from Big **** Garlick at West Brom where a player asked for the club to pay for new gates on his mum's house was a good one as well. Cheeky bastards.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we sign this guy it sounds like smart transfer business as essentially we'd be using the Guendouzi money for him, and sorts out one position we needed to replace (Ceballos).

Douzi - £10M
Torreira - £10M
Xhaka - £17M
Willock - £20M + Woodman

Lokonga - £15M
Starting CM - £30-40M

I mean it would be fairly excellent business to do that. Clean up our entire midfield in one window.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This absolutely screams of us ending our pursuit because he's too expensive. Penny pinching.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I went from being 10/10 happy with this signing to a 7.5/10 after I heard he had ruptured ligaments a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom