• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sambi Lokonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
0Partey, Bissouma, Willock, Lokonga, Azeez

giphy.gif

You missed out Elneny! :)

(Noted, @MutableEarth has a poor sense of humour for giving me a yellow card)

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think we need to go bigger for the AM personally.

You've got this kid in for say £13M, Guendouzi sale is covering that cost. I think Xhaka's sale yields maybe £18M, on top of that I actually think Willock gets sold to Newcastle for close to £30M. £25M + £5M add ons is my thoughts. So you then have like £40-50M to buy that replacement CM from sales alone.

Onana and Ryan probably won't cost half of what we get for Leno. We obviously want a RCB, don't really think we'll make sales in that area and Tapsoba could cost north of £45M. But again the left over cash from the above sales will probably pay for half of that.

You can then say look, they want £50M for Ødegaard, its not a good price for him. Grealish is there for £80-90M and we actually haven't spent any money net wise yet despite saying we'll be having an exceptional window. We have got to push the boat out for the AM.

But we wont pay £50m for MO, if he does join it will be £40m max, maybe more like £35m. Grealish would be great but with ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Pepe & MO or Buendia, maybe we dont need him? I'd rather us spend big on a RB. That's the position I voted as being our most important. Yes there are other important positions but a top WC RB lifts our team massively.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But we wont pay £50m for MO, if he does join it will be £40m max, maybe more like £35m. Grealish would be great but with ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Pepe & MO or Buendia, maybe we dont need him? I'd rather us spend big on a RB. That's the position I voted as being our most important. Yes there are other important positions but a top WC RB lifts our team massively.

I'm talking Grealish instead of Buendia/Martin

Goonger

Certainly passes the eye test.

Tell you what though, the amount of time he gets on the ball is incredible, think I could play midfield the Belgian league, even with my Asthma!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why does he have to go to Germany? A lot of teams would be all over Leno.

Onana fee will be £7M, isn't Mat Ryan free? I'm thinking we get between £15M-£20M for Leno which is very fair.

why sell a 15-20 million keeper to buy a 7 million keeper? Those teams who are willing to spend 15-20 million on Leno why not sign this 7 million keeper if he is better? Also he is banned until February as of now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the tow leagues i want us to start to look into more is Portuguese and Belgium the Portuguese teams bit difficult to deal with because the crazy release clause they put in their young talent but Belgium never do that we missed many talents because Ivan is terrible and our scouting stuff were so outdated.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
why sell a 15-20 million keeper to buy a 7 million keeper? Those teams who are willing to spend 15-20 million on Leno why not sign this 7 million keeper if he is better? Also he is banned until February as of now.

You just answered your own question within your post.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You make no sense lool.

Read what you said.

"Those teams who are willing to spend 15-20 million on Leno why not sign this 7 million keeper if he is better? Also he is banned until February as of now."

This is probably why. Tell me why Leno wouldn't get at least £15M return? Or do you genuinely think he's worth just £10M even after selling Emi Martinez for £18M... What you're saying does not make any sense.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd just assume anyone with a brain would rather sign an unknown talent for £13-17M as 3rd choice CM over Berge who would cost between £25-35M and is about as mobile as my 95 year old great nan.
To be fair, Berge isn't a bad mover for someone his size - just isn't cost effective at all for the level of player we would be getting.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
To be fair, Berge isn't a bad mover for someone his size - just isn't cost effective at all for the level of player we would be getting.

Exactly, Sheffield United want £30M which is just ridiculous. If he was £15M I'd say fair enough, but £30M+ should be what we spend on our starting CM next to Partey, not a 3rd choice.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Is he really only 5'8" though?

Nevermind... Looks like he's closer to six foot. That's better.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd just assume anyone with a brain would rather sign an unknown talent for £13-17M as 3rd choice CM over Berge who would cost between £25-35M and is about as mobile as my 95 year old great nan.
I'd assume the opposite. That most would prefer the PL proven player for 25m over an unknown talent who has played his career in Belgium.

That's not to say the player for Belgium will be bad (Berge himself spent a few years there) just a higher degree of confidence that the player with PL experience will hit the ground running.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd assume the opposite. That most would prefer the PL proven player for 25m over an unknown talent who has played his career in Belgium.

That's not to say the player for Belgium will be bad (Berge himself spent a few years there) just a higher degree of confidence that the player with PL experience will hit the ground running.

He won't be hitting anything as he'd be signed predominantly to be a backup to Partey and any starting CM. Hence why we're probably turning our attention to this guy as its more cost effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom