<

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

We did , you got to be too cute and accurate to get it to Laca or Auba at times .

dka91 and Jae like this.
  2. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

A serious club would get rid of both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan and sign two top wingers. What a pity.

In todays game it's evident our 4 wide players (the two wingers and "full-backs") are nowhere near good enough. Yet we're in a position where we're stuck with them for a game like today.

That's 4 players for 4 positions, we'll probably get 1 full-backs and 1 wide-man and people on here will be like "I think we've had a good window overall".

3. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

I can see how saka and ameachi would be worse ? Just send them out and say run at the fb

lamby22 and MutableEarth like this.
  4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I honestly couldn't believe we didn't sign another centre back or attacker last summer. The squad looked really lightweight, especially in defence, relying on Mustafi, Holding and Sokratis basically. The unbeaten run kinda took my mind off it but that December bad run really exposed our squad. And now it looks like everyone's running on empty again.

Mrs Bergkamp and Tir Na Nog like this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We missed holding and bellerin more than Welbeck holding and bellerin were on form and our best defenders this season losing them for long term is big blow and we never recovered after that

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  6. zhaggy

zhaggy Well-Known Member

Today was the first time ever i actively chose not to watch the game.
    I'm not even mad any longer, just some sort of acceptance and emptyness, sort of when you Come to terms with a failed relationship.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

Our RB need a back our LB need player better than kola. Our defense center back position need a quality player the midfield need a very good signing to replace ramsey and of course the most important thing is to get 2 very good wide players. These 6 positions need serious improvement i doubt with 50m we can do it

8. Gunner-Union

And those 6 positions is just the bare min tbh lol.

9. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

You can get Brandt and Fraser for £50m, possibly less. That would cover wide areas and Brandt can play midfield as well. Then we need to sell Elneny, Mustafi, Chambers and Mkhitaryan and reinvest in the defense. If you can sell someone like Iwobi for an inflated fee and sign another wide player then we should be looking to do that as well.

10. Gunner-Union

Then maybe add laschelles and dacoure
    But unlikely

11. yousif_arsenal

Yes this is the minimum thing we can do but the important thing in summer is to get tow wise players and ramsey replacement we can't go next season with mkhi and Iwobi start every game

12. Gunner-Union

I agree and I don’t think many people know what a difference good pacy wide players can make and how it will help the cf

13. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

It sucks even worse that it was a nothing player like Rashford who basically injured Holding.

He was really growing as a player. Hope his injury doesn’t set him back too much.

asukru likes this.
  14. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

The lack of courage, awareness, execution and imagination in our full backs and wide forwards is a-b-s-o-l-u-te-l-y shocking.

In this day and age when these positions are vital, and with most top teams putting a lot of focus in, we seemed to have regressed.

Watching Iwobi try two consecutive low-reward, high-risk pass during a transition phase (ie, high counterattack risk) was mind boggling. And he still have time to whine when he failed to make the passes.

This is a single point of failure on the pitch which creates trouble at both ends of the pitch.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Love to be plagiarised by the Telegraph:
    [​IMG]

Jae, Rex Banter, celestis and 3 others like this.
  16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

To be fair I agree with everything in that article. Very balanced. I've been saying that Iwobi should be playing in midfield for the last 2 seasons.

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

This is pretty on point in terms of analysis. I think even some of the ones we keep are expendable but have to be kept for now. Only thing I disagree on is keeping Welbeck - I'll always have time for Welbeck but I wouldn't give him a new deal. Also think Nketiah is closer to first team football than a lot of people suggest, but I also think a loan is a good idea for him as he needs to play much more often, so that part I agree with.

American_Gooner likes this.
  18. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

What could go worse than that (believe me), is when your missy chooses to stick to the channel when you decided not to, and update you of the score each time a goal went in.

And she doesn't even follow football, save when you watch...

19. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

We played a lot better in the start of the year when Welbeck was in the side. He’s such a useful player to have.

Personally I think there’s scope to give Nketiah more game time and extend Danny.

Welbeck is good in wide areas and if we were to hopefully move on both Mkhi and Iwobi he’d be a decent option to have alongside ESR and Nelson.

Jae likes this.
  20. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

This is a good point, I think his type of game suits Emery's plans.

Jae and Rex Banter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.