• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Koscielny Dilemma

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that.
Torres complaining towards the ref for a foul on him from Kos, and while he does that, Kos' shot hit his head.

Mastadon

Established Member
Per seems surprisingly poor in the air for a player of his height I can't remember whether I have ever seen him jump while he has been outjumped a few times by shorter opponents. He has made some excellent interceptions and defended well but he hasnt really dominated in the air as he was expected to. Still expecting him to improve a lot with more games.

Le Professeur

Established Member
alboots101 said:
Lol...well done RWA.

I have to admit that it`s starting to look like a Koscielny/Vermaelan partnership when all our defenders are fit but if we have to play LE CHIQUE BELGIQUE at left back I wouldn`t be dissapointed.

So is it lan or len in Vermaelan?

For once and for all...

images

Le Professeur

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Per seems surprisingly poor in the air for a player of his height I can't remember whether I have ever seen him jump while he has been outjumped a few times by shorter opponents. He has made some excellent interceptions and defended well but he hasnt really dominated in the air as he was expected to. Still expecting him to improve a lot with more games.

He's been largely ****.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Is it just me or could we potentially have the best premier league pairing in
central defence with Kos and Vermaelen ?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
To be fair and honest, Kos and Verm didn't get off to to the best of starts together when Kos first arrived, with both making errors probably due to an early lack of cohesion. Kos has had lots of highs and lows since, though, and gained plenty of experience which could make the partnership stronger on its resumption.

Potentially we could have, but there's lots to prove yet.

mo50

Established Member
The Jury said:
To be fair and honest, Kos and Verm didn't get off to to the best of starts together when Kos first arrived, with both making errors probably due to an early lack of cohesion. Kos has had lots of highs and lows since, though, and gained plenty of experience which could make the partnership stronger on its resumption.

Potentially we could have, but there's lots to prove yet.

They played 3 games with each other didn't they? And I think we won them all. One of those games was at Blackburn away, where Vermaelen put in one of the best defensive displays I'd seen in years.

If Koscielny can play at the level he has been playing at for the past few weeks, and if Vermaelen continues being Vermaelen we'll have one hell of a CB pairing. All we need now is to get Sagna back and we have a very good back 5.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
They also played vs Newcastle away on matchday one, and were responsible for us getting a draw in the end, despite being down to ten men for the last fifteen minutes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's all well and good playing well with different partners, but whether they play well together and, more importantly, make our back line look comfortable, rather than scraping the odd clean sheet for the stat lovers while looking like an accident waiting to happen is another thing.

What worries me is their similar aggressive harrying style of defending; one of them will have to reign it in.

ricky1985

Established Member
I've always liked and rated Koscielny, and have defended him a lot over the last 14 months, but I think yesterday was the day where any small doubts I may have had about him were blown away completely. I'm convinced he's absolutely, 100%, the real deal. I really thought he was stupendously good.

He's playing with a confidence and a level of belief that you just don't see in many players. Really pleased for him.

yuvken

Established Member
Funny thing how almost every word could be said about Rambo as well - and they both had a monster, end of debate game. Such joy with both - and this happening in a game like this, one we'll be talking about for years, is an extra joy.

For Verms and Kos - it's still there to see. but I'll pitch one aspect of it, which in my mind is not a small matter. In the CB position, and even moreso for the ball attacking CB's (compared to Mert, say), the full understanding of the partnership, the complete confidence about what I must do yields a sharp, non compromising attitude - and that is vital. If we think at the stuff that made us less confident of kos, it would many times be connected to a misunderstanding or a hesitant move (Chez, Squill and times he just seemed lost). But I think we have good reason to expect a much more solid approach, and a sharp, non compromising action - here, have a look :)
anim_1c160ffa-cafb-2464-b144-f29062e92dba.gif

(one of the nicest images of this game; credit RWA)

ebouenolike

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I've always liked and rated Koscielny, and have defended him a lot over the last 14 months, but I think yesterday was the day where any small doubts I may have had about him were blown away completely. I'm convinced he's absolutely, 100%, the real deal. I really thought he was stupendously good.

He's playing with a confidence and a level of belief that you just don't see in many players. Really pleased for him.

Yeh man - what a game from Kos. You could always see he had ridiculous potential, but now he's owning every game. If he could become a little bit more vocal he's be insane.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Just watched the game again, Kos was IMMENSE, world class performance from the lad. If he can perform like that on a consistent basis, he'll be a certain starter.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think Kos made one bad pass all game, and other than that was abosolutely majestic. Rivalled RvP for the MOTM.

Invincible

Established Member
The lad has really come into his own lately; since the Blackburn game, he's stepped his game up a few notches and is increasingly becoming undroppable. Kudos to him!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
The boss doing his thing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JRvK5BEPy8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JRvK5BEPy8</a>

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Didn't notice that when he kicked the ball, it went right in Torres' face.

Class act this guy. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom