• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day 2013/2014 Winter

blaze_of_glory

bingobob said:
blaze_of_glory said:
Cruisio said:
@blaze - To suggest so would be to say we haven't known we were short in attack until quite recently. We tried loaning Ba in the summer, all our other attempts so far appear to have been loans, if that's the case then why wouldn't we just say f**k it and pay the money to get Berbatov or Klose (as an example) on a permanent deal? Neither of whom would cost a crazy amount of money and both would improve our squad options without hampering us long term

I can only assume that he doesn't want to be stuck with those players for even a year as he thinks they are only worth it on loan. Only thing that makes sense to me. If not that then I really don't know.

I think he knows we are short in attack but wants to add a real top talent to address the situation long-term, but as with everything he will only do it his way, i.e. only according to his own valuation. Regarding Draxler, maybe he really feels he can get him cheaper in the summer (i don't know if that is likely or not) and doesn't see him contributing enough this season to justify spending the extra money...? We can agree or disagree with him on that but in the end its all up to him.
fed up with long term thinking we have been neglecting the short term for so bloody long. Who cares if we have berbatovs wages for a season longer, for crying out loud we carried Almunias wages long enough, same for Denilson and Sebastian the great and numerous other players who contributed next to nothing. I'd happily carry an extra year or two wages of any player who gets us over the line., Bloody awful .

Well yes but maybe he's trying to avoid that kind of situation from happening again, as there is no guarantee playes like that will "get us over the line." I think we should get someone in as well but as I said I can understand his approach somewhat.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I agree there is no guarantee, if we win it as it stands Wenger is a genius, win it with a striker it's the striker which made the difference lose it without the signing Wenger is moronic lose it with a striker and it's a case of what difference did they make. I'm always in the camp you try. We don't always no what will happen but if you try you limit excuses.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Cruisio said:
we could have brought in Anelka that year for around 15m, we relied on a very young Bentdner instead)

I'm guessing you weren't a fan when he actually left? No way he could ever come back after that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its all Lord Bendtner fault if he f**ked off earlier in the summer we could had decent striker in.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Fulham fans are too happy cuz Senderos has been sold lol! and as you know Senderos has signed for Valencia. really Valencia really?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we don't sign a world class striker in the summer then questions need to be asked, we STILL haven't replaced RVP with an equal replacement.

1) ST
2) CM
3) RB
4) LW
5) GK

We need signings in those positions in the summer, I doubt we'll get 3.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
If we don't sign a world class striker in the summer then questions need to be asked, we STILL haven't replaced RVP with an equal replacement.

1) ST
2) CM
3) RB
4) LW
5) GK

We need signings in those positions in the summer, I doubt we'll get 3.

It depend if Sagna sign new contract we will not signing RB if we didn't sell one of Podolski or Cazorla we will not signing LW. But ST CM and GK is a must a quality striker a quality midfielder cuz Arteta is getting older and Flamini is squad option player at best and Backup GK cuz Fabianski contract ends and Viviano back to Italy.

burnsjed

Established Member
1. Be shocked if no forward comes in. Bendtner is off, so we will definitely bring someone in, will it replace Giroud, no idea.
2. Not convinced we actually need someone here. We already have Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere & Ox if he gets moved there. Unfortunately 2 of them is currently injured, one is suspended, one coming back from injury and the other untried, but hardly a Summer requirement.
3.RB will depend on Sagna, if he stays we wont
4. Agree.
5. Well we will obviously get a keeper.
Fabianski is off, and the other guy is only here on a loan.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I agree with Yousif. ST, CM and backup GK are the real priorities unless Sagna or Caz/Poldi leave, which I really hope they don't.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Sky Sports News are really clutching at straws here, they're hyping up Leigh Griffiths. Like... Who the **** is that???

VancouverCanuck

Re: the debate about Draxler

None of us knows what the asking price for Draxler is. If the rumors of a 37m release clause that is only active in the summer is correct, then Schalke could very well be asking for even more money. Since they obviously want to qualify for next year's CL and the chances for finding a replacement for Draxler in this winter is slim.

Another factor to consider is how much does Wenger rate him? He obviously thinks Draxler is a talent and would improve the team. But is his potential better than Hazard's? Or Goetze? Or more of a Walcott level of talent? And wait till the summer and go in for Suarez again.

That said, I'm extremely disappointed we are not getting a forward this window. I really don't fancy our chances of winning anything.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom