Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Biggest United Supporter In India

Just need to get behind the team, despite the manager, now. He’s here to stay.

Get behind what though, I don’t know, top 4 is over and EL is now a vehicle for Emery to save his job.

2. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Wouldn't know be the best time to get rid of Emery. It gives the new manager 2 weeks to get used to the new surroundings and implement his idea. More so, it would take literally no time for Arteta to do that, but more time to organise a team he wants to work with.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Maybe because you are calling this we will get in top4. Your calls have been terrible this season!

Squillaci likes this.
  4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

What the fans think today, the board thinks tomorrow.

Sanis likes this.
  5. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed I even mentioned his name when were linked with other managers. :facepalm:

yorch44 likes this.
  6. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

It is very annoying that the board refuses to replace him now that the time is right. I don't think it is impossible to find a sensible replacement now so I don't buy that argument. All this seems to be about keeping the money.

yorch44 and Squillaci like this.
  7. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

"Listening in supposed attentiveness might be the best way out... I'm unsure if I should offer a tablet screen or whiteboard with marker, in addition to his speech and gestures..."

(Attempted above in jest; hope actual situation isn't as such, over at the training ground...)

8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

[​IMG]

"Good ebening. Okay. Calm calm. Okay!"

Artisan, Squillaci and albakos like this.
  9. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Can't remember if I'm rarely wrong or really wrong, but I don't see him lasting the season. If top 4 is practically out of reach by January, he goes.

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Biggest United Supporter In India

Nah, they’ll let him play the Europa League card, hoping he can win that, get CL and save the season.

I also suspect they have a manager in mind for the summer.

11. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

How tedious and uncomfortable would losing touch with 4th make them though? That'd be a HUGE failure regardless of where we are in the EL. And if we have lost touch by then, why would they think we had a chance of winning it anyway? It'd make no sense to keep him if we're going to sack him in the summer. May as well get a caretaker in and hope we somehow go on a run.

LGooner98, Malky, Tourbillion and 4 others like this.
  12. bandaid

bandaid Member

Emery was hired because he was out of a job, and agreed to all terms. The board had no intention of getting a strong manager.

yorch44 and albakos like this.
  13. Squillaci

Squillaci Member

Can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people still supporting this guy called Emery, who is dragging our team down.
    People saying don't go to the games and don't watch until something changes.
    FFS we are fans, we love the club and we don't want to look our team falling apart like this. That's the whole reason we are upset.
    There will still be by passers going to the games for the games sake.
    Not going to the game won't change that much.

How could I support him if team is gonna lose so much more by him staying here than with him leaving? Losing money, players, CL place. Things that will delay the progress for 2,3 more years.

Why are people even mentioning the ,,success" he had with previous teams? That does not play any role in the current situation.
    Different leagues, different squads, different atmospheres.
    He had a year and a half to get to know all of that here too and he's failing miserably.

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but for me, every game seems unwinnable. It's not about the squad and tactics that much anymore, I just feel like the players have lost faith too. I don't think they trust manager and frustration is building up.

I feel like everybody is waiting for change as a breath of fresh air.
    Things are looking really grim and a lot of the fans and players feel it.

Artisan likes this.
  14. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

The fans are not going to boo us to victory.

15. Squillaci

Squillaci Member

Neither will this manager bring any progress. Nor will Xhaka's not giving 2 ****s about Arsenal be tolerated anymore.

16. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

17. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Wow, the worst period of Wengers reign is still way ahead of what Emery's done in so many ways.

Nothing has improved is something I think we can all agree on, but I think it's becoming increasingly evident that we've regressed from even Wenger's worst season. And that's with Emery being backed heavily in the transfer market. We've spent more in a shorter period of time than during any stage under Wenger yet we've still managed to get worse. No matter what way you look at it Emery's been a massive failure. Then again what do you expect, most of us knew before he was even appointed that he wasn't fit to lace Wengers boots, then again looking at the shortlist that Ornstein revealed a while back where any of the names in that list even close to Wenger? Such poor planning, why did we sack him without having a top quality replacement lined up? Gazidis just wanted to be the hero at the end of the day, he thought he was the big man. Then bailed, probably knew he ****ed up and wanted to get out of dodge.

18. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Well-Known Member

@Higbury_2006, Luis Enrique and Allegri are free ;)

19. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Arseblog had a nice piece today and it ran the numbers on our chances for finishing Top 4.

With the upcoming fixtures around Christmas schedule, let's just say that our chances are a toast.

Under current form and dressing room status, with Emery still in charge we'll be lucky to finish in top half of table.

20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Fooled you though, didn't he?