• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
Arsh has not been great but has still been valuable.

denilson is a waste of space who smiles instead of working hard amd lets wankers jog past him without tracking back.

He has an ignorant mentality that strikers usually have, hes a center midfielder and that mentality ****s you and the team

Burnwinter

Established Member
Quotes from his latest overshare:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2754026/Were-just-big-time-losers.html

Arshavin said:
"What I feel bitter about is that we lose in all the big matches.
"That is disappointing and lets doubts creep into my mind.
"Chelsea are now 11 points ahead of us, although we played one game less. At the moment, they look the strongest team.
"They have attacking players who can make use of opponents' slightest defensive mistakes.
"Didier Drogba, for example. If we only take pure strikers, he is the strongest in the world. He and Zlatan Ibrahimovic."

"Arsène Wenger needs to buy new players - and expensive ones too.
"Why? Because all the talented and inexpensive players are already with us at Arsenal."
Is Arshavin an A-M poster in disguise?

fabo

6.51 / 10
Arshavin needs to button it and start producing the goods. Barca won't be interested in him in this form.

He's no Bobby Pires anyway.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Who said they're linked?

He's not playing well and he's annoying. The latter is irrelevant but still true.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
maybe he's annoying to you, but so what? he speaks his mind.. too often we hear "we'll play it one game at a time" or "we believe in our team (after losing 3-0 at home to Chelsea)" or "we were not sharp" instead of "we were not good enough" or "we need more experienced players in the team", etc.

notice that you never hear the young players saying that we need more experience, only the older players (Arshavin, Henry, Gallas, etc).. that's because the older players know that you wont really win anything when the average age of a team is 23... Chelsea's average age is like 28 or 29, and that's why they sit at #1 right now..

now, Arshavin's fitness, thats a whole other matter.. wish it were higher but he still produces good moments on the pitch

fabo

6.51 / 10
Accomplished said:
fabo said:
The latter is irrelevant

You said it yourself.

And you said it was linked to his displays. Not me...:roll:

He talks too much. Could just about stomach Henry talking about who we should sign and he's the greatest player we've had in modern times. Arshavin is just another talented footballer who has had a handful of good games here.

Saying it to the press is as pointless as any of us saying we should buy Torres or Villa.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
its not like he seeks out the press corps and speaks his mind when he wants to.. he is always answering questions asked by the press.. he just answers them more honestly than most of the younger players..

that's who he is.. im OK with it

Accomplished

Established Member
fabo said:
Accomplished said:
fabo said:
The latter is irrelevant

You said it yourself.

And you said it was linked to his displays. Not me...:roll:

He talks too much. Could just about stomach Henry talking about who we should sign and he's the greatest player we've had in modern times. Arshavin is just another talented footballer who has had a handful of good games here.

Saying it to the press is as pointless as any of us saying we should buy Torres or Villa.

I didn't say it was linked to his displays, I was merely pointing out that some people seem to think that his press conferences somehow make him a worse player.

Also, the press ask him questions, he answers them honestly.

It's not that pointless at all, it shows his opinions and his feelings about the squad. If you don't want to read it, don't, but you can't criticise him for answering questions.

sabret00the

Established Member
The man is such a douche. I hate players that complain about needing new players when they're not at the top of their own game.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Accomplished said:
I didn't say it was linked to his displays, I was merely pointing out that some people seem to think that his press conferences somehow make him a worse player.

Also, the press ask him questions, he answers them honestly.

It's not that pointless at all, it shows his opinions and his feelings about the squad. If you don't want to read it, don't, but you can't criticise him for answering questions.

Why would anyone think it affects his displays. It clearly doesn't.

As I said, the interviews are irrelevant even if the nature of them are annoying.....'I don't want to play', 'We need to buy expensive players'. He can talk as much as he wants. Doesn't mean we'll all agree with everything he says.

His performances have been average to say the least. Most important issue.

Burnwinter

Established Member
fabo said:
Precisely. He hasn't earned the right to player activism through the press. Just another negative broadcast undermining the club's respect and casting aspersions on his colleagues in the squad, and his paymasters.

If this was all about him being an honest straight-shooter he'd be giving his opinion behind closed doors not giving lazy stream of consciousness interviews to the tabloids.

Accomplished

Established Member
The point is, as you've said, who cares?

If it doesn't affect his performances, what's the point discussing it? What's the point insulting him about something completely irrelevant?

If his interviews are pointless, this discussion is beyond pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom