Yossi Benayoun

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GoonerGurjit, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded

Jaded Active Member

No, he's not crap. But he's not great either. His vision is limited, and i've been tracking his progress since way back to his old days with Racing Santander. He's not a sort of player who oozes confidence or able to show sparks of brilliance everytime he plays. He's an average bloke who do his job no more and no less. And when the team doesn't perform, you can clearly see his morale dropped and he will gone disarray for the whole match.
    But like you said, he's a very tidy player, maybe doesn't have the technical ability some of our players has, but still manage to compensate his weakness by his sheer hardwork and good linkup plays.
    But for 10 million, you can have a better players, Luis Jimenez for example is a brilliant artist, superb technical ability, perfect ball control and can turn on games with his pacey destructive run. Silva, Gavilán, Cani, Jesus Navas, Jurado are better prospect with much more ability to shine for us.

2. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

West Ham aren't the selling club that they once were.

3. Legend#1

Legend#1 New Member Trusted

I think it's a smokescreen anyway.

But he's not crap at all.

4. anesumachoko

anesumachoko New Member

he is a very good playerand l would have accepted that he was coming for 5m but for 10m wenger will never do that

5. Jameel46

Jameel46 New Member

benayoun at £10mil, how much would ribery cost? i'd say that ribery is a better option than benayoun.

6. moriconi

moriconi New Member

if wenger wasnt willing to pay 10 mil for davies he wont do it for benayoun

7. cesc18

cesc18 New Member

dont see him being signed not for 10m surely
    good player to watch but not in an arsenal shirt

8. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

IMO we are still a wide player short except if wenger wants to frustrate with the prospect of reyes playing wide.

9. Jameel46

Jameel46 New Member

isn't reyes a LW by trade anyway? i thought he was. never plays anywhere else but LW for spain.

10. Ricky_AFC

Ricky_AFC New Member

Reyes is a striker and is being wasted on the wings. I think Yossi is a good player, but not good enough for Arsenal with our current players in his position all being superior.

11. nealbrown

nealbrown New Member

Reyes is a winger by trade. He came to Arsenal with the reputation of a winger. Wenger tried him out up front, a la Henry, but it didn't work. So he has been played in his natural position, LW, where he is one of our best players, our top assister!

12. dsurg

dsurg New Member

I think he is a very good player and I can see the sense in why we are being linked to him. He has a bit of Bobby Pires about him, but certainly no where near as good.

I do believe its a smoke screen and in AW's ten years at Arsenal, he has never bought a foreigner from an English club, I dont think Benayoun will be the first ,let alone at 10 million.

Who he may be interested in is Nigel Reo Coker. ( I made that up though, cos I'd dearly love to have him at Arsenal. He suits our need precisely I think)

13. nealbrown

nealbrown New Member

No Reo-Coker NOOOOOOOOO!!!! We can do so much better than that!

14. Arsenal_FAN1983

Arsenal_FAN1983 New Member

If we bought such a player, I would say Freddie's career with us is over, but I don't think this will happen.

15. nealbrown

nealbrown New Member

Well he is injured again. I think we have to start looking for another RW to provide competition for Hleb, or bring Smith in as backup for Reyes and switch Rosicky to the right.

16. Arsenal_FAN1983

Arsenal_FAN1983 New Member

I think Benayoun is a good player, he is a great dribbler, a good passer of the ball, I think he could fit in with our team, thats just my opinion.

17. tactica442

tactica442 Member Trusted

Duff 5m, Rosicky 6m, Pennant 6m(possibly), Lennon 2m (not sure).

Benayoun for 10m? Joking.

18. el_rejero

el_rejero New Member

there are better cheap options

19. >YounGunner<

>YounGunner< New Member

If we are going to spend 10million on any West ham it should be Reo-Coker.

Hleb and Benayoun are very similar it would be a waste when we need to strengthen in other positions

20. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

hleb rosicky benayoun and maybe even cesc, they plays in the same amc play maker position. why do we need benayoun who is lousier than those 3.

seriously we have more than enough of creative midfielders. and 10m for yossi would be a bloody waste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.