• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yossi Benayoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

No, he's not crap. But he's not great either. His vision is limited, and i've been tracking his progress since way back to his old days with Racing Santander. He's not a sort of player who oozes confidence or able to show sparks of brilliance everytime he plays. He's an average bloke who do his job no more and no less. And when the team doesn't perform, you can clearly see his morale dropped and he will gone disarray for the whole match.
But like you said, he's a very tidy player, maybe doesn't have the technical ability some of our players has, but still manage to compensate his weakness by his sheer hardwork and good linkup plays.
But for 10 million, you can have a better players, Luis Jimenez for example is a brilliant artist, superb technical ability, perfect ball control and can turn on games with his pacey destructive run. Silva, Gavilán, Cani, Jesus Navas, Jurado are better prospect with much more ability to shine for us.

Jameel46

Established Member
benayoun at £10mil, how much would ribery cost? i'd say that ribery is a better option than benayoun.

Jameel46

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
IMO we are still a wide player short except if wenger wants to frustrate with the prospect of reyes playing wide.

isn't reyes a LW by trade anyway? i thought he was. never plays anywhere else but LW for spain.

Ricky_AFC

Reyes is a striker and is being wasted on the wings. I think Yossi is a good player, but not good enough for Arsenal with our current players in his position all being superior.

nealbrown

Reyes is a winger by trade. He came to Arsenal with the reputation of a winger. Wenger tried him out up front, a la Henry, but it didn't work. So he has been played in his natural position, LW, where he is one of our best players, our top assister!

dsurg

I think he is a very good player and I can see the sense in why we are being linked to him. He has a bit of Bobby Pires about him, but certainly no where near as good.

I do believe its a smoke screen and in AW's ten years at Arsenal, he has never bought a foreigner from an English club, I dont think Benayoun will be the first ,let alone at 10 million.

Who he may be interested in is Nigel Reo Coker. ( I made that up though, cos I'd dearly love to have him at Arsenal. He suits our need precisely I think)

nealbrown

Well he is injured again. I think we have to start looking for another RW to provide competition for Hleb, or bring Smith in as backup for Reyes and switch Rosicky to the right.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I think Benayoun is a good player, he is a great dribbler, a good passer of the ball, I think he could fit in with our team, thats just my opinion.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
If we are going to spend 10million on any West ham it should be Reo-Coker.

Hleb and Benayoun are very similar it would be a waste when we need to strengthen in other positions

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
hleb rosicky benayoun and maybe even cesc, they plays in the same amc play maker position. why do we need benayoun who is lousier than those 3.

seriously we have more than enough of creative midfielders. and 10m for yossi would be a bloody waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom