Zlatan slams Arsenal's transfer policy

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by GoonerGurjit, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibby

ibby New Member

Inter, Juventus and Milan are better than all of the top teams in Spain except for one. No clues for which one.

The middle tier teams, Roma down to Lazio are better than La Liga's.

The lower tier teams, Napoli down are better than La Liga's.

Serie A is a massively underrated league that has developed hilarious stereotypes recently.

2. DaGunners

DaGunners New Member

No doubt about it. Even Wenger said Italy are very close to being dominant again.

I'm a big fan of Udinese right now to be honest. They have some very good players.

3. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

No other league ever has, but the standard over there still ain't that great. The days of Italian teams competing at the top of European competitions ain't coming back any time in the next few years, I don't think.

4. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

He's not wrong but as Gooners we hate to hear the truth. That said, well done Niklas.

5. ibby

ibby New Member

This is funny, Italy's 6th best team were close to knocking England's 4th on penalties.

Juventus were highly unlucky against Chelsea.

Inter gave United a run for their money.

Again, overstated.

6. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

:roll: Why are danish people doing this to themselves all the time? They know that they won't qualify in the end. It's a bit like Sp**s. "Next tournament, just wait and see!"

7. Nela

Nela New Member

Italy are getting worried about losing their 4th CL place to Germany(who have 3) because the Bundesliga is getting really close to Serie A in the UEFA coefficent ranking(league rankings) and could overtake them in a year or two.

That's why it's vital for Seria A that the Italian teams do well in next seasons CL and Europa league.

8. DaGunners

DaGunners New Member

The German league is not even close to Italy in terms of quality. They have better atmosphere at their stadiums though.

9. Nela

Nela New Member

I don't watch enough of either to have a personal opinion on comparisons between the two. But the Bundesliga is defintely gaining on Serie A in the UEFA coefficents. And Italy is worried.

10. tam1886

tam1886 New Member Elite

I have to say, from what little I see of both leagues, I find German football a bit more interesting to watch than Italian football.

11. DaGunners

DaGunners New Member

Ligue 1 FTW to be honest.

12. Viking

Viking New Member

You're right. I'll leave you to count the number of major international trophies Sweden's national team has won. Oh wait!

[​IMG]

Edit: Picture has been replaced with an even betterer one!

13. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Milan are the only team to make it anywhere near the finals of the CL in the past 6 years or so... they wont it once, lost in the finals once and lost in the semi's another time..

just look at the last 2 seasons' semi-finalists:

ManU
    Barca
    Arsenal
    Chelsea

ManU
    Barca
    Liverpool
    Chelsea

not an Italian team to be found..

14. Klaus Daimler

"We won stuff once, therefore we're great!" More classic Sp**s stuff! :lol:

15. Viking

Viking New Member

The Sp**s comparison fails, because they have **** history, while we have a glorious one!

16. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

What was the picture supposed to be?

17. Klaus Daimler

Probably a full-body portrait of Michael Laudrup in the nudes.

18. tam1886

tam1886 New Member Elite

I'm loving this between you two.

Any jinxing going on here Viking or could you not bring yourself to say anything like that under these circumstances :lol:

19. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

Nonsense, Zlatan is one of the best attackers in the World. Football is not played by one man, it's a team sport. The Inter Milan side is no way near as good as Man Utd, and Zlatan was unable to carry them in only the 2 games the majority of his critics have viewed all season. Many clubs are wrongfully labelled as a one-man team, but Inter Milan are one of the few.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the comments seems to be a bit of banter between the players ahead of the Sweden-Denmark tie. Viking and Klaus aren't at it yet, are they?

Edit:They are going at it. :lol:

20. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Inter gave United a run for their money?

Bollocks, they were never in it, United beat them quite comfortably.

Against Roma, we made them look turd in the first leg, and they weren't particularly good in the second when we put in an awful performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.