• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zlatan slams Arsenal's transfer policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

Established Member
Inter, Juventus and Milan are better than all of the top teams in Spain except for one. No clues for which one.

The middle tier teams, Roma down to Lazio are better than La Liga's.

The lower tier teams, Napoli down are better than La Liga's.

Serie A is a massively underrated league that has developed hilarious stereotypes recently.

DaGunners

Established Member
ibby said:
Inter, Juventus and Milan are better than all of the top teams in Spain except for one.
No doubt about it. Even Wenger said Italy are very close to being dominant again.

I'm a big fan of Udinese right now to be honest. They have some very good players.

asajoseph

Established Member
DaGunners said:
asajoseph said:
I'm not talking about whether or not it's exciting - but the quality of the teams there just isn't as high as in other 'major' European countries right now.
Other than England and at a stretch Spain, no other league comes close to Italy.

There are so many brilliant players playing in Italy right now, just as many as in Spain for that matter.

No other league ever has, but the standard over there still ain't that great. The days of Italian teams competing at the top of European competitions ain't coming back any time in the next few years, I don't think.

ibby

Established Member
asajoseph said:
DaGunners said:
asajoseph said:
I'm not talking about whether or not it's exciting - but the quality of the teams there just isn't as high as in other 'major' European countries right now.
Other than England and at a stretch Spain, no other league comes close to Italy.

There are so many brilliant players playing in Italy right now, just as many as in Spain for that matter.

No other league ever has, but the standard over there still ain't that great. The days of Italian teams competing at the top of European competitions ain't coming back any time in the next few years, I don't think.
This is funny, Italy's 6th best team were close to knocking England's 4th on penalties.

Juventus were highly unlucky against Chelsea.

Inter gave United a run for their money.

Again, overstated.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Viking said:
Okay, the bit about the Italian league wasn't true. The rest is though. Besides, I'm allowed to trash-talk, we're playing the blue-yellow c**nts on Saturday!!11
:roll: Why are danish people doing this to themselves all the time? They know that they won't qualify in the end. It's a bit like Sp**s. "Next tournament, just wait and see!"

Nela

Established Member
Italy are getting worried about losing their 4th CL place to Germany(who have 3) because the Bundesliga is getting really close to Serie A in the UEFA coefficent ranking(league rankings) and could overtake them in a year or two.

That's why it's vital for Seria A that the Italian teams do well in next seasons CL and Europa league.

DaGunners

Established Member
The German league is not even close to Italy in terms of quality. They have better atmosphere at their stadiums though.

Nela

Established Member
DaGunners said:
The German league is not even close to Italy in terms of quality. They have better atmosphere at their stadiums though.
I don't watch enough of either to have a personal opinion on comparisons between the two. But the Bundesliga is defintely gaining on Serie A in the UEFA coefficents. And Italy is worried.

tam1886

Established Member
I have to say, from what little I see of both leagues, I find German football a bit more interesting to watch than Italian football.

Viking

Klaus Daimler said:
Viking said:
Okay, the bit about the Italian league wasn't true. The rest is though. Besides, I'm allowed to trash-talk, we're playing the blue-yellow c**nts on Saturday!!11
:roll: Why are danish people doing this to themselves all the time? They know that they won't qualify in the end. It's a bit like Sp**s. "Next tournament, just wait and see!"
You're right. I'll leave you to count the number of major international trophies Sweden's national team has won. Oh wait!

povlsen.jpg

Edit: Picture has been replaced with an even betterer one!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Milan are the only team to make it anywhere near the finals of the CL in the past 6 years or so... they wont it once, lost in the finals once and lost in the semi's another time..

just look at the last 2 seasons' semi-finalists:

ManU
Barca
Arsenal
Chelsea

ManU
Barca
Liverpool
Chelsea

not an Italian team to be found..

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Viking said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Viking said:
You're right. I'll leave you to count the number of major international trophies Sweden's national team has won. Oh wait!

denmark1992.jpg
"We won stuff once, therefore we're great!" More classic Sp**s stuff! :lol:

Viking

The Sp**s comparison fails, because they have **** history, while we have a glorious one!

tam1886

Established Member
I'm loving this between you two.

Any jinxing going on here Viking or could you not bring yourself to say anything like that under these circumstances :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
Goonereagle said:
Zlatan himself is still potential in some respects, as he was hardly a superstar when he played Man United. If one of the "best players" was upfront for Inter over those two legs, Man U would have been knocked out, but Zlatan couldn't live up to his hype.

No-one wants to buy over-rated wannabes.

Nonsense, Zlatan is one of the best attackers in the World. Football is not played by one man, it's a team sport. The Inter Milan side is no way near as good as Man Utd, and Zlatan was unable to carry them in only the 2 games the majority of his critics have viewed all season. Many clubs are wrongfully labelled as a one-man team, but Inter Milan are one of the few.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the comments seems to be a bit of banter between the players ahead of the Sweden-Denmark tie. Viking and Klaus aren't at it yet, are they?

Edit:They are going at it. :lol:

asajoseph

Established Member
ibby said:
asajoseph said:
DaGunners said:

This is funny, Italy's 6th best team were close to knocking England's 4th on penalties.

Juventus were highly unlucky against Chelsea.

Inter gave United a run for their money.

Again, overstated.

Inter gave United a run for their money?

Bollocks, they were never in it, United beat them quite comfortably.

Against Roma, we made them look turd in the first leg, and they weren't particularly good in the second when we put in an awful performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom