• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Having read the article, Nelson is said to be reluctant to even go - wants to stay at Arsenal, which is amazing to me. He needs games and he wont get them here. Surely he has to be smart here. To save his career here, he needs the loan.
lol his boys are there, not a surprise at all.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is why I hate the Willian signing. So many youngsters in the team that can use his minutes now.

The idea behind signing Willian was to get EPL ready player. Obviously it didn't work, at least yet.

But also it has been obvious that we couldn't count on Nelson either, so needed some strenghtening.

The goal was to get UCL fast.

The last 6 months have shown that he’s not good enough he’s had plenty of opportunities and failed to deliver nobody to blame but himself. Send him out to build up his value and if there is no improvement it’s an easy sale. We have wasted enough time developing average talents over the year to know one when we see one.
:nope:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully a good loan we find him he not playing much and just wasting the talent he has5

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
From what Arteta said late December speaking pretty highly of him I think Reiss has felt so close but yet so far in that he was knocking on the door of the first team early December before bad luck with injury issues. With Ødegaard in he basically has to go out. He should hold hope that maybe we can offload Willian this summer. We paid a big signing bonus to Willian but apparently kept his basic weekly wages down to an amount that could make it still possible to offload him.
Arteta said that when he's been fit he's trained very well - even in the training video put out today Nelson looks pretty sharp. Seems to me that when he steps onto the field that confidence that we're seeing in training isn't there. He needs more game time to fix that, and I think being on loan will help him get that.

If he still thinks that he can fight his way into the team this season then more power to him, but that's looking unlikely. I hope he can do it but he would need to have a much stronger impact on matches than he's currently having - there's no dead rubber for him to feel his way into his groove.

If he wants the Bundesliga then that's OK too - as long as he's playing regularly. There are probably a handful of teams he starts for currently. Maybe going back there will do more for his confidence than the Championship - who knows. Maybe he still feels like he has a point to prove there. We will have to see - that's if he goes on loan at all. Given his reluctance, there's every chance he doesn't go!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If this guy doesn't want to go out on loan he isn't a serious footballer and you have to question his attitude. Playinf regularly in the championship would be great for his development, far better players have developed their careers in that that division, and are now flourishing in the PL. Eze being the latest example.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If this guy doesn't want to go out on loan he isn't a serious footballer and you have to question his attitude. Playinf regularly in the championship would be great for his development, far better players have developed their careers in that that division, and are now flourishing in the PL. Eze being the latest example.
Agreed. If he refuses to go on loan he should be sold in the summer as it confirms what I feared for a while, that he doesn`t have the desire and mental tougness to make it here. His decision not to on loan in the summer could it interpreted as faith in his own ability and willigness to prove himself here but with Saka, Pepe, Martinelli, Ødegaard and Willian ahead of him he knows he won`t play a minute for the rest of the season.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Desperate for him to go out on loan till the end of the season. Plays with huge fear currently and needs to get rid of that if he has any chance of making it here.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Maybe this is bad but I don't hugely care what happens to Nelson, Willock, AMN or Nketiah, I hope they have good careers and find a home at clubs which suit them, the main thing is getting good value from them. There's potentially 80m tied up in those 4, not saying we get exactly that but we should be aiming to get close.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Maybe this is bad but I don't hugely care what happens to Nelson, Willock, AMN or Nketiah, I hope they have good careers and find a home at clubs which suit them, the main thing is getting good value from them. There's potentially 80m tied up in those 4, not saying we get exactly that but we should be aiming to get close.
I hate to break it to you. Football is in financial crisis. No one has money and no one knows when fans wil come back. There is not even 40 million in those 4 players. They will get loan deals

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hate to break it to you. Football is in financial crisis. No one has money and no one knows when fans wil come back. There is not even 40 million in those 4 players. They will get loan deals

Point remains though they should be used as assets to raise funds for the first team. The big advantage they have is they're all English, so will be home grown and more viable to PL teams, which is where the money is. Besides Eddie they all need loans for the rest of the season anyway, then sell in the summer. Agree thought 80m is unrealistic.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

woah steady on cowboy, no one's saying we get 80m for them now, obviously some of them need loans first. The point is that eventually they should in theory yield maximum around 80m (on the basis that each has an optimum value of 20m). They might not all be sold this summer, but I expect over the next two summers the four of them will be sold and we should try to get good value for them.

And I agree about the financial crisis thing, but if I know anything it's that football is crazy capitalistic and there's a lotta money in this world and soon enough it'll all come flooding back. Probably not this summer, but summer 2022 i'd imagine will see a lot more spending.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Point remains though they should be used as assets to raise funds for the first team. The big advantage they have is they're all English, so will be home grown and more viable to PL teams, which is where the money is. Besides Eddie they all need loans for the rest of the season anyway, then sell in the summer. Agree thought 80m is unrealistic.
Given we are short of HG players, there is simply no point selling any of them if we can't get £20m for them - unless that money is then spent on HG talent...which with Brexit will be hugely inflated in price at the top end.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So people want him to go for minutes and confidence then expect him to accept a championship loan?

His played in two top leagues, CL and EL. The championship is below him and does little for his development.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Given we are short of HG players, there is simply no point selling any of them if we can't get £20m for them - unless that money is then spent on HG talent...which with Brexit will be hugely inflated in price at the top end.

A lot the players I'd like to see the club go for are home grown anyway. I'd happily sell all 4 if it meant we could get 1 first team 11 home grown player.

I think the bottom line is these lads aren't good enough for Arsenal and should be used raise money.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So people want him to go for minutes and confidence then expect him to accept a championship loan?

His played in two top leagues, CL and EL. The championship is below him and does little for his development.

This is such a poor attitude to have. How is the championship beneath him? He's played a handful of league games in his career, and has never been a regular in a first team. He's played against absolute pub teams in the europa league as well. Hes done nothing in his career.

Far far better players than Nelson have developed their game in the championship and are now reaping the rewards. Grealish, Maddison and Eze good recent examples.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

ESR had a loan at Leipzig and still went and played for Huddersfield last season. Theres been some quality players in the championship who've then made the transition to the Premier League, Eze the most recent example. Nelson needs game time and a good spell in the championship could help prove that he has a future here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is such a poor attitude to have. How is the championship beneath him? He's played a handful of league games in his career, and has never been a regular in a first team. He's played against absolute pub teams in the europa league as well. Hes done nothing in his career.

Far far better players than Nelson have developed their game in the championship and are now reaping the rewards. Grealish, Maddison and Eze good recent examples.
If he went to the championship he wouldn’t even be top 10 player in the league. He would be wise not to go there cause he will be found out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom