• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mykhailo Mudryk [Chelsea Bound]

Is Mudryk Thee Stallion disrespecting Shakhtar with his conduct?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrahork

Exactly!!
Since Arteta came in the Hit factor on signings we have paid decent cash for has been very good
Out of the 1st 4 'flops' 2 were favours to Kia from EDU & 1 one was a punt on a cheap goalie influenced by the keeper coach.
Willian was disappointing but it can happen.
Only 1 is still involved & currently linked to a move away.
As said Look at the ones we have paid decent money for. How much is Ode worth now?
Nuno will be sold for more than we paid & i reckon Sambi will go for a similar amount to the outlay.
How you can call a young brazillian kid who wasnt bought for the 1st team a flop in a few months is frankly beyond me?

Man chats sh!t.
I fully agree, our record of late has been awesome - this goes to show stats can be misleading.

It would be interesting if all the top premier teams had this same review over the same period of time. I am sure man city would come out seemingly smelling of roses, despite Phillips and grealish by themselves accounting for a greater loss on value than we have endured.

Overall our player values will have risen of late, a stark change to our abject failure in the transfer market before edu and arteta teamed up.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Apparently, he started as an attacking mid but was moved out wide because of his acceleration/pace.
The only problem is that he or Martinelli isn’t as good cutting in from RW as Saka. But Saka is the clearest starter, you can't get better RW backup easily.

So you need someone who can rotate both wings. That's not easy, when everyone with eyes and ears can see that Arsenal has two great young starting wingers already.

You can ruin the squad cohesion with a player who thinks too much of himself.

Sparrahork

Glad we seem keen to sort out mudryk early, hopefully we will walk away and re-assess alternatives if shakhtar not playing ball.

Really keen to get mudryk but we have to make a point that we are not man utd and will not overpay...clubs will try it on if we do not walk away from deals that no longer work financially for us. For that reason I feel Felix is a smokescreen and he is not of genuine interest to us if we sign mudryk.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You think the rich are giving their own money for the country?
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Joe Biden GIF by ABC News

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I fully agree, our record of late has been awesome - this goes to show stats can be misleading.

It would be interesting if all the top premier teams had this same review over the same period of time. I am sure man city would come out seemingly smelling of roses, despite Phillips and grealish by themselves accounting for a greater loss on value than we have endured.

Overall our player values will have risen of late, a stark change to our abject failure in the transfer market before edu and arteta teamed up.
Exactly:footie:

The thing is all recruitment teams managers have players that dont work out. Its part & parcel of the job & shouldnt be constantly used as a stick to beat the manager or exec with as it is by some agenda merchants on here.
Arsène & SAF 2 of the greatest managers in history had plenty of players that were not good enough or for some reason never made it.
Sometimes you take punts that dont work out or a player doesnt settle.
Klopp has made some great acquisitions at Liverpool but also there have been a few 'flops' along the way. Look at how much Pep spent early on at City to try & sort the defence.
There are no guarantees in football.

I think as long as you get the majority right you are doing well👍.

Legend14

Established Member
Man City have !00m Grealish not starting everygame. Chelsea & Man U have expensive players not starting week in week out.
Even Sp**s have 60m ?Richarlison on the bench
I would say we have less expensive/ likely weaker squad depth than Man C, Chelsea, Man U & Liverpool.

And all of them are below us in the table.

Spending massive money, on unproven talent, where it isn’t our priority isn’t smart business. See Pepe.

I like Mudryk at no more than 50m.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I'll sub on for him...

Every manager has duds, Arsène's talentID was epic. I believe the duds you are referring to though specifically are when he was forced to try and barter footballers for peanuts and spare change...
Yes Arsène got the majority of signings right & as you say his talent ID was epic especially in the early years when he had far more knowledge of the European game than anyone else on these shores
However even in his 1st 10 signings there was relative failures such as Matthew Upson, Nelson Vivas & Alberto Sanchez?

Its just a bit rich beating on Arteta for the likes of Cedric, Mari & Willian years later.
The 1st two I will always maintain were mainly down to EDU doing a favour to KIa.
Willian for whatever reason didnt work out. It happens.

AmeriGooner

There’s no way they will hold for over 70 million pounds in a country in ruins. The player's value won't go much higher in this league.

Although they might as they were silly enough to annoy Russia with their NATO moves.

I think you meant Russia was silly enough to annoy Ukraine by invading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom