• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Not a big fan of stats like these big quite interesting none the less. Suggests Rice plays more progressive passes than Partey.

This doesn’t tell you a huge much as they both have different tactical roles, but does suggest Rice is tidy on the ball.

Rice’s LHS dominance also should mean he’d replace Xhaka quite nicely if needed.

I think those are all passes after a 'ball recovery' by the player. So it's limited to passes straight after a tackle/interception/dual.

The takeaways are Rice has more ball recoveries and his passing after a ball recovery is more ambitious with his passes while not really losing possession at a higher rate.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If this is the case, it’s in Bayern and West Ham’s best interest to stall this a bit. So Bayern have a chance of him later in window, and West Ham drive up his price.

This is bad for us, also because we lose Caicedo in this waiting game. No Rice or Caicedo in our position of strength is a sackable offence for me from Edu.

Need to get this done asap and threaten West Ham with a good offer + the prospect of us moving to Caicedo to get the deal wrapped up.

This situation is gonna be an amazing indicator of Edu’s competency. Because tbh the ball is in our court we just need to manage it right way and move targets if we have a chance of losing both.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
If this is the case, it’s in Bayern and West Ham’s best interest to stall this a bit. So Bayern have a chance of him later in window, and West Ham drive up his price.

This is bad for us, also because we lose Caicedo in this waiting game. No Rice or Caicedo in our position of strength is a sackable offence for me from Edu.

Need to get this done asap and threaten West Ham with a good offer + the prospect of us moving to Caicedo to get the deal wrapped up.

This situation is gonna be an amazing indicator of Edu’s competency. Because tbh the ball is in our court we just need to manage it right way and move targets if we have a chance of losing both.

I wouldn’t trust Edu to shake a bottle of irn bru if he were epileptic and at a rave.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also Westham will need to get the 100M or something closer to rebuild the team and replace Rice. can't see them wait all summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Edu, Vinai and the lads a month from now, after Chelsea have already signed Caicedo, Bayern have an offer for Rice accepted and we haven't signed anyone of note...

zhijUCKaYNDt.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't see this dragging on too long tbh.

West Ham will want to know the budget they have to spend this summer and they've already accepted that he is leaving.

We just need to agree on a number with West Ham over the next couple of weeks. Rice's personal terms are already ball park agreed upon I'm sure.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't see this dragging on too long tbh.

West Ham will want to know the budget they have to spend this summer and they've already accepted that he is leaving.

We just need to agree on a number with West Ham over the next couple of weeks. Rice's personal terms are already ball park agreed upon I'm sure.
Early sale or not, West Ham know their transfer budget as they’ll estimate the potential Rice sale price and won’t be far off.

I think it will drag on.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Not a big fan of stats like these big quite interesting none the less. Suggests Rice plays more progressive passes than Partey.

This doesn’t tell you a huge much as they both have different tactical roles, but does suggest Rice is tidy on the ball.

Rice’s LHS dominance also should mean he’d replace Xhaka quite nicely if needed.
How much of that is spamming long balls though? This is the issue with stats you can paint them to look how you want.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Good post :applause:

It's a myth that Rice isn't well above average on the ball or doesn't play progressive passes. It's just something that has been repeated so often on here that it becomes accepted 'fact'

He clearly is very tidy on the ball when you actually watch him play. This nicely highlights that point. His long passing in particular I find to be excellent. I think he can get a little sloppy at times with the simpler stuff, that needs working on a bit.

As you say probably unfair to compare his map with Parteys though.
This doesn’t mean he’s good on the ball lol

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

This doesn’t mean he’s good on the ball lol

Nah he's misplaced twice as much as Partey :lol:

Furthermore if he plays Partey's position, his pass map is just going to look like his as Arteta will cut that out and he won't be called into action as much.

I'm not sure how you look at that and think security, it looks like a midfielder doing whatever he wants which makes sense when looking at the team and their position at the table but even that is a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom