• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Ødegaard being captain is the first time we got 80+ in the league in years, Rice captained his team to 20 losses and let’s not mention Xhaka’s captaincy.

I think we got away with Ødegaard as captain as we had Jesus, Zinchenko and Xhaka sharing the burden.

Ødegaard isn't even captain by example like Cesc he's more like captain by symbolism as he represents the profile and type of player Arsenal like but that's as far as it goes.

I think that's what makes the Rice transfer vital it's important to get one leader in if one goes which is one thing that went wrong in Emery's tenure when we lost a bunch at once.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think we got away with Ødegaard as captain as we had Jesus, Zinchenko and Xhaka sharing the burden.

Ødegaard isn't even captain by example like Cesc he's more like captain by symbolism as he represents the profile and type of player Arsenal like but that's as far as it goes.

I think that's what makes the Rice transfer vital it's important to get one leader in if one goes which is one thing that went wrong in Emery's tenure when we lost a bunch at once.
I just don’t think being Captain matters that much. ‘Leadership’ is just an intangible the results mean more to me.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think Rice needs the armband.

He'll play like a captain without the armband anyway, sort of like Xhaka this year or Terry for England after he was stripped of it etc. Some players are just natural leaders.

I think Ødegaard actually benefits from having it, don't think it would make a difference to Rice tbh.

Last edited:

sdotzdot

Established Member
Players, coaching staff and manager all said Ødegaard has flourished taken that step up to captaincy. All have praised him in that role and his level of professionalism is class.

Plays the flashiest midfield role yet has the character of an old school player, no bullshit just turns up does the job which is a great example for what we want in our players especially with the way they act nowadays.

Can’t believe the disrespect and slander our captain is getting ffs.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I just don’t like when people put down our players to hype him up. If he had a season like any of our midfielders did they’d crown him.

True.

But still when we win 2 nil and Rice finishes the match with 90% pass completion and a whole host of other useless twitter stats these English lads will be looking for you.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
True.

But still when we win 2 nil and Rice finishes the match with 90% pass completion and a whole host of other useless twitter stats these English lads will be looking for you.
They can come for me I don’t mind when an Arsenal player performs and we win I don’t have agenda’s lol.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

West Ham were aiming for CL to be fair. They were in the Europa spots in the previous seasons and this season was more of an outlier.

Antonio confirmed this and theorised that the new signings took time to bed in and the attempt in changing the style of play didn't work costing them points.

He actually said Scamacca doesn't suit Moyes and isn't a fighter like that which was surprising.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

True.

I doubt it tbf. I think @Trilly will be the one that gets tagged 😭😭

“Didn’t he say Rashford was better than Declan Rice” that’s how it’ll go 🤣

Macho

Dusted 🔻

@Macho would rate him if he was Black and French

In my defence if he was black European these man would have written him off as sauce merchant immediately.

If you look at who think's Rice is a worldie it's genuinely just the Englishmen. I think the rest of the world are just happy to see a Xhaka replacement after 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom