• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
The more this goes on the more I actual don’t want Rice/ especially don’t want to pay West Ham a damn thing.

They are holding out for 100m in 2 payments? **** off. Rice isn’t worth overpaying for in the first place imo and he especially isn’t worth ruining windows/our transfer flexibility in the following years to come.

100m for a DM in two payments for a club not owned by a state? That’s a terrible deal. Seems the optics of “losing out” are important to many on here who are currently panicking, but I hope the club look at things objectively and pivot to something/someone else.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The more this goes on the more I actual don’t want Rice/ especially don’t want to pay West Ham a damn thing.

They are holding out for 100m in 2 payments? **** off. Rice isn’t worth overpaying for in the first place imo and he especially isn’t worth ruining windows/our transfer flexibility in the following years to come.

100m for a DM in two payments for a club not owned by a state? That’s a terrible deal. Seems the optics of “losing out” are important to many on here who are currently panicking, but I hope the club look at things objectively and pivot to something/someone else.
The thing is losing Rice would be a big blow as he's obviously the no 1 target & so much work has been put in.

City can obvs pay more quickly.

However as long as the player wants to come here we can still get it done.

West Ham should respect the wishes of their Captain after many years good service.
As long as the fee is similar.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Interesting that even City don't want to go over 80m in guaranteed. Reckon 60m is his actual worth. 15m English tax, and now 10-15m because of multiple bidders.

G0D

Almighty
What people seem to forget is that this is City's first offer. So their first offer is more attractive than our second offer.
It being their first offer is totally irrelevant…

City will be aware of what West Ham have already rejected from us and thus would put in an offer that betters the ones that have been rejected else there would be 0 point in even offering.

If we came in with a 70 million bid for a player when another team has an 80 million bid in I’m sure you’d call the club a joke.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think our 3rd bid will be something like 80+15 with 4 year payment. I think City can pay 2 years and we can’t and that can be deal breaker

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I have done several job interviews in the past months. The key is to show that you are interested in joining a group and get an offer. Then you would inform all other parties that I got this position, and they gave me a deadline to finalize my decision. I managed to get what I wanted by doing so. Leveraging two offers to get what I wanted.

This is excatly what an agent does for a player. No one is stupid to say that look I'm interested in Barca, and I'm not thinking about Arsenal. Instead you make Arsenal make a bid, then you go to Barca to get the offer you want. It's part of the game. You blame Edu because you think he doesn't know how to play. But this is more on Arsenal. For a long time, we were not an attractive option. Why should someone choose us over CL clubs? Now, it's a different story, but sadly, we are competing with a CL winner with infinite money this time. Given that, I don't blame club even if they miss Rice.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think our 3rd bid will be something like 80+15 with 4 year payment. I think City can pay 2 years and we can’t and that can be deal breaker

You don't know what we can and can't do. It's pretty clear we want Rice. We made our second bid, City came forward with interest and we sat back and waited. Now City have bid, we need to wait and see if it gets accepted or rejected.

West Ham have been briefing the media about rejecting us out of hand for 2 bids. Let's see what they do with City. There is no point in us bidding again until we know what West Ham do with the City bid.

We can't outbid City. It's a fact. So we need to keep the number low enough to match it and get a bid accepted when they do. Then it will be up to Rice to decide.

We can't go and bid 100 million now, because West Ham will go back to City and say will you match it? They will, with a better payment structure, then we will have to bid again.

We need City to get a bid accepted before us, so we can match it, because then the price won't go up. Honestly, I don't think it's possible for us to get a bid accepted before them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You don't know what we can and can't do. It's pretty clear we want Rice. We made our second bid, City came forward with interest and we sat back and waited. Now City have bid, we need to wait and see if it gets accepted or rejected.

West Ham have been briefing the media about rejecting us out of hand for 2 bids. Let's see what they do with City. There is no point in us bidding again until we know what West Ham do with the City bid.

We can't outbid City. It's a fact. So we need to keep the number low enough to match it and get a bid accepted when they do. Then it will be up to Rice to decide.

We can't go and bid 100 million now, because West Ham will go back to City and say will you match it? They will, with a better payment structure, then we will have to bid again.

We need City to get a bid accepted before us, so we can match it, because then the price won't go up. Honestly, I don't think it's possible for us to get a bid accepted before them.
We can’t match their bid unless we match the structure and their add ons carry more weight than ours. West Ham don’t gonna agree to any add ons on us winning anything

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
City have not done enough here, they should have gone up to 100m, which would have put them ahead.

I would expect West Ham to reject this, but it is interesting that there hasnt been the immediate rejection that we've seen with our bids.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Yeah, this is a real threat now.

I still firmly believe Rice's first choice is Arsenal but Man City wouldn't have bid unless they had some indication from Rice's camp that he would be open to the move there.

I assume Man City's bid has shorter installments than our last one. I still expect it to be rejected though.

We need to get a strong bid in today. Around £100m and better installments. That should do the job.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
@Rex Bezos rn

2b6

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Agree. I have a feeling we won't bid again. Its just my feeling. Whats ever i hope we will bid again

If the current City bid gets accepted and it's unlikely, we might offer to match but then again who knows we mightn't be able match the structure of it. If it gets rejected and City adds another 10m flat then I think we'll walk away tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom