• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
They make loses but they did well getting near 200M. No team can do that

Chelsea's selling prowess is a myth for me.

They are only getting serious money for desirable, regular 1st team starters like Havertz, Mount and Kovacic. You pick 3 regular starters from our first XI and I suspect we could easily raise similar sums.

They get ok sums for their English squad players like Gallagher, RLC but I suspect players like ESR, Nketiah and Balogun would fetch similar figures.

They have as much trouble as anyone shifting their undesirable players, nobody is putting up any coin for the likes of Lukaku, Pulusic, Sterling, Hudson-Odoi etc. They were stuck with players like Bakayoko, Baba- Rahmen, Drinkwater for years.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Don't get this deal. Maddison is twice the player. Cheaper and English. Yet, we picked Kai and let him go to Tottenham. WTF.
Ah yes an injury prone, relegated chav instead of a CL winner would be marvelous stuff.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That’s what I been saying. But apparently we been playing with 2 midfielder last season as both xhaka and Ødegaard were attackers
Hard to compare the two given the different positions they played in, but, maybe Havertz isn't as bad defensively as we think and maybe Xhaka wasn't 'needed' as much defensively as previous years.

Havertz left, Xhaka right.
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 19.24.17.png

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Hard to compare the two given the different positions they played in, but, maybe Havertz isn't as bad defensively as we think and maybe Xhaka wasn't 'needed' as much defensively as previous years.

Havertz left, Xhaka right.
View attachment 16290

That’s xhaka last season. This idea he played so far up is nonsense. He made runs. Most time he is getting the ball or winning the ball he is in our half. Havertz has never played that deep and never shown he has the physicality to battle constantly like xhaka is here. It’s a pipe dream

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

That’s xhaka last season. This idea he played so far up is nonsense. He made runs. Most time he is getting the ball or winning the ball he is in our half. Havertz has never played that deep and never shown he has the physicality to battle constantly like xhaka is here. It’s a pipe dream

You don't need to tell me about Xhaka, i'm a big fan, i'd rather he stayed. But, there were many times last season where i found myself thinking, what if we had a more natural attacker in the position Xhaka just found himself in.

In regards to Havertz, we won't know until we see it because he's mostly played as a striker for Chelsea and Germany. Having watched clips, i don't think he'll be as bad defensively as many think.

Legend14

Established Member
You don't need to tell me about Xhaka, i'm a big fan, i'd rather he stayed. But, there were many times last season where i found myself thing, what if we had a more natural attacker in the position Xhaka just found himself in.

In regards to Havertz, we won't know until we see it because he's mostly played as a striker for Chelsea and Germany. Having watched clips, i don't think he'll be as bad defensively as many think.
Asked the same, knowing the consequence would be more goals scored and more goals given up. Xhaka was the balance.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That too smart and dodgy they seriously got lucky
That's not smart by them that's brain-dead by us. Never understood this argument "oh they're being helped out by Saudis anyway" so what?

"Just 30% of their sales" well in that case why not pay 90m for Havertz if it don't make any difference? Wallah Yousif this beyond shilling you're doing up Raqs Sharqi, shame on you.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You don't need to tell me about Xhaka, i'm a big fan, i'd rather he stayed. But, there were many times last season where i found myself thinking, what if we had a more natural attacker in the position Xhaka just found himself in.

My point was the tackle/interception stats you show has no value. Defending is far more than that. It’s about positioning and sensing danger. Something a guy who has played DM would have developed and guy who always been attacker don’t have. That’s why both club and country use him as striker

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
My point was the tackle/interception stats you show has no value. Defending is far more than that. It’s about positioning and sensing danger. Something a guy who has played DM would have developed and guy who always been attacker don’t have. That’s why both club and country use him as striker
Yes, i agree with you. But, we'll just have to wait and see, i could be wrong, but i felt Xhakas defensive work was done in our box when we were under pressure. When we were in control of games, he was generally high up or wide with the high line and Partey winning and recycling the ball.

Wounded Healer

Ah yes an injury prone, relegated chav instead of a CL winner would be marvelous stuff.
Many average players won many glorious cups. Doesn't make any sense.
Even when injured over a season he has twice the numbers kai has.
Martinelli and Saliba won nothing and got injured and yet they are marvelous business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom