• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon Daze

How does 24 year old compare to 24 year old Patrick Vieira?
One was signed by a visionary for £4m from Milan who saw the future and potential. The other has proven his worth, according to most, and demands £100m after the horse has already bolted. Unearthing diamonds rarely exists these days. As Wenger said, he ended up scouting players that other teams signed. Different era. Makes comparisons hard.

benjamin86

Established Member
Regarding the reaction from fellow Hammers, I don't think Arsenal fans generally understand how it feels to support a club that doesn't compete for anything 99% of the time and more often than not have to fight to even exist in the big league.

Whenever we have something to get genuinely excited for, be it a first team player, a prospect or a manager, we know everything is on borrowed time. You don't continuously build on a platform; you start building only for the house to get torn down every couple of years. There is no "project", because heavily investing in youth and a young manager at our level comes with a very real chance of relegation and financial ruin.

Selling to you lot kind of hammers home (pun intended) the inherent uneven playing field that football is. There's a ceiling on a club like ours and that fact in itself is frustrating beyond belief, so fans lash out. Rice is loved by everyone at West Ham, but we are so deeply aware of our status within the game that we also acknowledge and respect his wishes to leave.

Whenever you see Hammers online lashing out at Arsenal, it's more often than not anger towards the state of football rather than specific hatred towards another fan base. You are just the most recent example of how we're just generally ****ed and on top of that you happen to come in for our most beloved player in more than a decade.
I'm not sure i see anything changing at West Ham until you get new owners, so much of your recruitment has been poor.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Because no one sees City as anything real. Whenever they win, it's completely hollow. It's a sports washing bonanza, so over the top that it's more laughable than anything. No one cares about them. They literally just won the treble and it still feels pointless.

It's genuinely a compliment that fans are upset about selling to you and not City.
I've always told people that yes, I prefer City to win titles over clubs like United and Cups over Sp**s... but at the same time if anyone told me I have to wipe a club off the face of the earth, it would be Manchester City. They are a nothing club born out of the lack of regulation in this global sport.

I don't know about other people but beneath my geniune hatred of clubs like United and Sp**s, I respect them deep down. Admittedly I can't say the same about Chelsea, you can argue they are just as bad or worse than City. Both clubs sum up the plight of football.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Because no one sees City as anything real. Whenever they win, it's completely hollow. It's a sports washing bonanza, so over the top that it's more laughable than anything. No one cares about them. They literally just won the treble and it still feels pointless.

It's genuinely a compliment that fans are upset about selling to you and not City.
Allow David Cross GIF

Diesel

I've always told people that yes, I prefer City to win titles over clubs like United and Cups over Sp**s... but at the same time if anyone told me I have to wipe a club off the face of the earth, it would be Manchester City. They are a nothing club bourne out of the lack of regulation in a global sport.

I don't know about other people but beneath the geniune hatred of clubs like United and Sp**s, I respect them deep down. Admittedly I can't say the same about Chelsea, you can argue they are just as bad or worse than City. Both clubs summarise the plight of football.
Agreed Sp**s and united have that old hatred but for footballing reasons. Same reason you have every non arsenal fan saying sell rice to city. United have been enjoying their post ref manipulation era under Ferguson. A team in their city has literally won the treble... liverpool have won the league and cl in the last 5 yrs lol. Enjoying that aspect of it but if we could shoot chelsea and city to the moon i would.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
They both cost similar now, to what we paid for Pepe 3 years ago.

I continue to be confused by football fans not understand why players are so expensive now.

Clubs fighting for relegation are throwing £40m at players, sometimes several in a window around that price point. PL clubs are ridiculous amounts of money.

Look at our spending last season:

XjJqhEO.png

If a club our size can do that, you (and other top clubs) can easily spend upwards of £250m in a window.

Batman

Don’t think they’ve lost touch with reality. This post is pure b***ocks and he has no idea what’s going on behind the scenes. Just rubbish. Nobody laughed in that boardroom, and that c**t wouldn’t know even if they did.
There's no way they laughed in the boardroom when the owner is a 74 year old hobbit who made his money in dildos. They have to be desensitized to most otherwise laughing matters.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I continue to be confused by football fans not understand why players are so expensive now.

Clubs fighting for relegation are throwing £40m at players, sometimes several in a window around that price point. PL clubs are ridiculous amounts of money.

Look at our spending last season:

XjJqhEO.png

If a club our size can do that, you (and other top clubs) can easily spend upwards of £250m in a window.
Yes and No. We've had 3 years of big-ish buys and terrible sales so have rather less wiggle room. WE can spend £250m as long as we recoup 50-100 in sales.

Halcyon Daze

There's no way they laughed in the boardroom when the owner is a 74 year old hobbit who made his money in dildos. They have to be desensitized to most otherwise laughing matters.
The only thing they laugh at is the £1 a year rent they somehow negotiated with the government for their athletic stadium whilst at the same time literally ruining Leyton Orient’s history.

Batman

The only thing they laugh at is the £1 a year rent they somehow negotiated with the government whilst at the same time literally ruining Leyton Orient’s history.
Someone in parliament has a hobbit kink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom