• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Our targets seem no cheaper because of COVID.

I get we have to take a hit moving players we no longer need or on big wages but AMN has a long deal + racked up 2000+ first team minutes for us three seasons on the bounce.

Think the market is loosening up in general as we get closer to the window deadline. Just goes to show the importance of a balance when it comes to patience and holding firm.

tcahill

We need to sell one of Hector or AMN. It looks like a matter of who brings in a decent bid first.

Very difficult to tell who to sell. AMN has looked like a great player under Arteta but was pretty average before that. Hector was playing well before his injury, and looks like he's getting back to form.

I'd argue that Hector is a bigger dressing room leader and far more experienced which is something that he has over AMN.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Leagues apart in terms of talent between AMN and Gnabry.

One of AMN or Bellerín needs to go to generate funds. They are two different RBs with different strengths and weaknesses but in the end it's much of muchness.

People are so dramatic about AMN and turn him into something he's really not on this forum. If we do the things we should to build as a club no one is going to give two ****s about AMN in a couple years. He's a decent first division RB. End of. We're not even talking about someone who has the potential to be a complete, top-class RB like Tomas Tavares or Yan Couto or Sergiño Dest. He's Aaron Wan Bissaka with perhaps a slight bit more potential on the ball. There's a lot of hysterics going on here.

I have actually been a critic of AMN. Used to really frustrate me with his laid back attitude and lack of focus. To his credit he has made huge improvements since the 2nd half of last season. Still I don't get carried away like most in here who ignore he has to improve a lot more before he can nail down a starting spot.

I would prefer to keep as he can play multiple positions and is especially useful in the bigger games. If he wants to go or the club wants to sell him that is also fine with me. What isn't fine with me is getting these derisory bids from clubs. Time after time. Their first offer was £15m. What kind of piss take is that? Championship players are going for more then that. To make it even worse it is the same club who then thinks an 18 yr old with just a few senior appearances is worth nearly triple that. I won't be surprised if their 2nd bid is something like £23m. Absolute joke offers.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
AMN is 30m minimum for me. Young, now England International, versatile, and looking excellent under Arteta.

I agree with the above comments that said a 45m return on Emi and AMN would be a bit of a disappointment.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

What happend to english premiums on players, we get bent over again. This is what happens when you plead poverty!!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
AMN is 30m minimum for me. Young, now England International, versatile, and looking excellent under Arteta.

I agree with the above comments that said a 45m return on Emi and AMN would be a bit of a disappointment.

Yeah, one can argue that Martinez hasn't done it for long, but at the same time, what would Martinez and AMN fetch after this season, which will most likely become a pretty massive one under Arteta.

Think it's much more likely that everyone is one going to get and look better.

50-60m Euros for AMN after the season, Martinez similar, if he keeps his form because he's then essentially a candidate for the best GK of the season - 28 years of age is young for a goalkeeper

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
But we need money for Partey and Auoar isn’t it?

More brainless business by the club if they sanction this move. Selling off key players, settled and who understands our system, for peanuts.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
England international my arse, by that logic Gibbs was England international as well, and we all knew what he really was.
Yes, AMN is turning out to be a solid player, but there are still question marks over his position and happiness to play it.
20-25m sounds about right for a backup player who many wanted to see leaving for much less just a couple of months ago

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
England international my arse, by that logic Gibbs was England international as well, and we all knew what he really was.
Yes, AMN is turning out to be a solid player, but there are still question marks over his position and happiness to play it.
20-25m sounds about right for a backup player who many wanted to see leaving for much less just a couple of months ago

No, not at all. 20-25 million is unacceptable, simply because in a seasons time... he could be worth double that.

If Ainsley were to leave Arsenal it would be at massive pain to Wolves. A figure of 40 million plus would suffice here.

We have players in our ranks who have shown tremendous potential to strong build careers.

That must happen here or must be paid for.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If Ainsley were to leave Arsenal it would be at massive pain to Wolves. A figure of 40 million plus would suffice here.
That's just hype, he was nothing more than a backup for Arsenal, and sometimes not even that. 40m is for someone who plays on a regular basis for a season or two and shows promise. I doubt AMN will play that role for us once everyone is back.
I like the player (although I do hate him sometimes), but I still think I'm a bit more realistic about the situation than you are, no offense

Moah

Most here are judging our players based on the last two games we played. Have you forgotten the fact that these were nothing players pre-covid.

AMN vs Villa, Emi vs Liverpool, are games they costed us or nearly did just last season.

Plus, most importantly, we have two choices, an improved bench or an improved starting 11, absolute no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom