• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
qbHeKNJ.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
You are right just a good 20yo like Aarons or Bogles is probably good succession planning for Héctor at 25
Hector is very young, just turned 25. My guess would be the club see him as the future and are only planning for people to back him up - Soares, rather than young guys like Aarons or Bogle who will want to see a clear path to first team football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s good to see AMN taking control of his career. Nothing worse than watching a talented youth player wait around for chances and a route to development.

That’s why Nelson must push to leave if Kluivert joins.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s good to see AMN taking control of his career. Nothing worse than watching a talented youth player wait around for chances and a route to development.

Don't think it's necessary - Nelson is pretty much nailed-on for RW with Pepe at this point. I don't think it's his absolute best position but it's still a position where he's dangerous and part of the attack at least. There's a lot they can do with him at RW.

Kluivert is predominantly a LW/#10 and has had minutes there mostly. If he does sign, I expect him to get minutes in one of those positions. Nelson's safe even if Kluivert signs IMO - that said, I really wouldn't bother signing Kluivert as I don't think he's that good, but maybe we can flip him the following season and get some change.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
:lol: CM in big capital letters throughout the video. Good. Hope he gets more minutes there, wherever he ends up next season (whether that's here or somewhere else).
Yh, also the song they used in the video imo suggests that he’s probably gone.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yh, also the song they used in the video imo suggests that he’s probably gone.
Yeah, I think his situation is untenable at this point. He is 22 and wants to play, but he's spent so much time out of position that he's obviously worried that he won't get adequate opportunities here. He has too much to do to prove himself in midfield at this point so better he goes and finds somewhere he can build his stock in midfield. I don't think he'd come back either so getting as much value for him is probably the best bet. I expect him to do well.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Don't think it's necessary - Nelson is pretty much nailed-on for RW with Pepe at this point. I don't think it's his absolute best position but it's still a position where he's dangerous and part of the attack at least. There's a lot they can do with him at RW.

Kluivert is predominantly a LW/#10 and has had minutes there mostly. If he does sign, I expect him to get minutes in one of those positions. Nelson's safe even if Kluivert signs IMO - that said, I really wouldn't bother signing Kluivert as I don't think he's that good, but maybe we can flip him the following season and get some change.

Arteta wants to be two deep at every position. Saka and Kluivert on the left and Nelson and Pepe on the right.

As far as a back-up to Bellerin... I wouldn’t be surprised if they went for a young English prospect. Brexit will have its effect, plus the club is all about developing youth. Wouldnt be surprised if Osei-Tutu is given a chance and is the back-up next season.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Arteta wants to be two deep at every position. Saka and Kluivert on the left and Nelson and Pepe on the right.

As far as a back-up to Bellerin... I wouldn’t be surprised if they went for a young English prospect. Brexit will have its effect, plus the club is all about developing youth. Wouldnt be surprised if Osei-Tutu is given a chance and is the back-up next season.
What about Martinelli? Hopefully he's earmarked for CF.

LG10

Such a shame he couldn’t get enthused about rb, could’ve been one of the very best. He could be a very good cm as well so overall this is a loss. Anything less than 30M would be a disgrace.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Most likely Cedric Soares will sign to back up Bellerin and any AMN fee will go to spending in attack or midfield.
Don’t think we’ll take up Cedric. Have heard f*ck all and he’s two weeks from loan expiry. At best, I see us extending his loan but it’s highly possible that we don’t.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What about Martinelli? Hopefully he's earmarked for CF.
I think he'll be a CF personally. Him, Nketiah, and whoever replaces Aubameyang in the long term (Jovic?), will probably be our future striking options. I see Nketiah as more a permanent Lacazette replacement when the latter leaves.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Mixed feelings if he leaves. If the money we get brings Partey here I`d be very happy. Would still be very sad one of our of talents with such physical and technical qualities leave while we still have midfielders like Xhaka, Elneny and Torreira at the club.

BobP

Memri Fan
AMN is destined for a career as a utility player.

He can't and is seemingly refusing to play as a FB, he's not potent enough to play as a winger (unless a team deploys him as a defensive winger) and while I could see him developing into a mezzala, much like Ox, I just can't see a team like Crystal Palace deploying him there.

As it pertains to our academy products, I think it's important that the club knows when to hold them and when to fold them. In the case of AMN, it's folding time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom