• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
He didn’t say he would go back to being back-up, he just didn’t guarantee him that he would be the number one.

Before this season Leno had been one of our best performers for a couple seasons, you don’t leave him out in the cold just because Emi had like ten good games.
Fair enough. I thought it was a bad decision to let emi go though. Force him to stay and fight for the number one. Don’t just sell him. I feel that Leno’s form has dropped since he’s had little competition for the gloves. It’s been obvious.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Fair enough. I thought it was a bad decision to let emi go though. Force him to stay and fight for the number one. Don’t just sell him. I feel that Leno’s form has dropped since he’s had little competition for the gloves. It’s been obvious.
Emi had 9 months left on his contract and refused to renew. we had no choice

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He didn’t say he would go back to being back-up, he just didn’t guarantee him that he would be the number one.

Before this season Leno had been one of our best performers for a couple seasons, you don’t leave him out in the cold just because Emi had like ten good games.
I am actually astonished at the number of members on this forum that would happily do this. Based on the romanticism of the guy sitting on his arse for like a decade at the club as well. Strange.
"Sitting on his ass" - What makes you say this? The guy has been sent on loan every season before that. He was starting regularly for Wolves before he was injured. After that he has been sent on bad loans to clubs looking for backup keepers. At Arsenal, we have been so poor at judging goalkeepers for a long time. We chose the helmet fraud over him and then we chose Leno over him. Add to them the decisions like buying ****ing Runnarson, it's clear that we are not good at it.

Leno was a good shot stopper. But Martinez was a good shot stopper and also commanded the box very well. Every stat shows that Martinez is more confident going for the ball and also with the ball at feet. Compare the number of nervy moments we had with Martinez and Leno at the back. Most of AM knew that he was the better goalie. One has to be totally blind to not see that. Judging the players' capabilities is their job and that's what they are getting paid millions for. If they can't even judge and compare their own players, they should be sacked.

How many clubs have two goalies at the age of 28? Emi proved his worth and asked for the number one role. Our management didn't have the spine to dump Leno and are paying the price for it now.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Umtiti is done. Did his knee(I think) and hasn’t been a footballer since.
Pjanic is decent but he’s over 30 and will demand huge wages.

Definitely not the way to go..
Barca tried to offer him to go for free and pay some of his wages and he has refused saying he is staying. he knows he is done, but rightly wants every penny of his remaining contract as I doubt he will get anywhere close to that kind of contract again.

Alexs

Villa got lucky. And now they're trying to get lucky with ESR and snatched Buendia before we could even react. Villa! Okay they won the European Cup and the 1st Division a million years ago but I grew up expecting Man Utd to poach our best players, not Villa ffs.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Villa got lucky. And now they're trying to get lucky with ESR and snatched Buendia before we could even react. Villa! Okay they won the European Cup and the 1st Division a million years ago but I grew up expecting Man Utd to poach our best players, not Villa ffs.
Seems like we have the reaction of a granny

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Which was it 2 years or less than a year?

conflicting information between you and lomekian

Oft reported last summer as 2 years left, but he signed in 2016 and the max you can do is 5 years.

In any event he was offered a new contract and refused it, even when he was the man in possession.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Looks like Chelsea are going after him. I'm starting to like Chelsea if true.

Holdini and Gabriel formidable partnership continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom