• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I watched him last season and he was mostly average. It's not like we're paying 50m for someone like Upamecano or Militao. There's literally nothing to suggest that he's ever going to be more than a 25m CB.

It will be a huge surprise if he even reach Koscielny level.

Do you not think this is a bad way to view a player? Watched him a few times for Brighton in a back 3 and instantly make an assumption that he will never be worth his price-tag? That's very, very unfair.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do you not think this is a bad way to view a player? Watched him a few times for Brighton in a back 3 and instantly make an assumption that he will never be worth his price-tag? That's very, very unfair.
I never said he was bad. I just think he's average. We already have lots of average CB. No need overpaying for another. I wouldn't be against this transfer if it was less than half the price, mind.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I never said he was bad. I just think he's average. We already have lots of average CB. No need overpaying for another. I wouldn't be against this transfer of it was less than half the price, mind.

Did you watch him for Leeds in a back 4? Absolutely outstanding.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did you watch him for Leeds in a back 4? Absolutely outstanding.
Yeah. He looked decent at leeds but you don't pay 50m for a player that looked decent in the skybet league. Another factor is that Bielsa has a knack for squeezing that extra drop of performance from his players.

Like I said, vestegaard would cost significantly less if we want a ball playing CB and he's even a better defender than white

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
An English team should always have a good portion of English/British players in the squad, imo (or Spanish players in a Spanish team, Italian players in a Italian team...etc) they are a bit expensive to buy, but worth it...White is a quality (if overpriced player) but if he improves us, who cares, tbh.

I will always wonder what would have happened, if we signed Jonathan Woodgate to replace Sol instead of Gallas, think we were linked with him around this time...yes he had fitness issues, but he pretty much played every game from 2006-2009...imagine if we didn't have that hot head Gallas, pissing everyone off and having his meltdown v Birmingham...with Woodgate, we might have won the league in 2008.

I am not trying to turn this into a "English guy is better than a non English guy", or a British players v Foreign players debate, that's definitely not what this is (some of our best ever players are not English) but I feel having a core of British players is very important to a successful club in this league, look at our last title win even...not just having Campbell and Cole play every week, but even having Keown and Parlour in the squad really helped non British players "get" the club.

Not saying White will be as good as them, but he could be a great addition to the team if he can grow with us over the next 5-10 years...feel this will be a great transfer.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Plenty of teams buying from the championship successfully. Many of you wanted Buendia after a top season in the championship.
Based on him also performing in the PL.

You say Ben White had an excellent season in the Championship. He had a very normal season last season.

Buendia had a better than normal season in the PL and was phenomenal in the Championship.

One cost 33m one is going to cost 55m. 22m for being English?

samshere

Why so serieuse?

An English team should always have a good portion of English/British players in the squad, imo (or Spanish players in a Spanish team, Italian players in a Italian team...etc) they are a bit expensive to buy, but worth it...White is a quality (if overpriced player) but if he improves us, who cares, tbh.

I will always wonder what would have happened, if we signed Jonathan Woodgate to replace Sol instead of Gallas, think we were linked with him around this time...yes he had fitness issues, but he pretty much played every game from 2006-2009...imagine if we didn't have that hot head Gallas, pissing everyone off and having his meltdown v Birmingham...with Woodgate, we might have won the league in 2008.

I am not trying to turn this into a "English guy is better than a non English guy", or a British players v Foreign players debate, that's definitely not what this is (some of our best ever players are not English) but I feel having a core of British players is very important to a successful club in this league, look at our last title win even...not just having Campbell and Cole play every week, but even having Keown and Parlour in the squad really helped non British players "get" the club.

Not saying White will be as good as them, but he could be a great addition to the team if he can grow with us over the next 5-10 years...feel this will be a great transfer.
Also English guys can whinge to the ref better.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Based on him also performing in the PL.

You say Ben White had an excellent season in the Championship. He had a very normal season last season.

Buendia had a better than normal season in the PL and was phenomenal in the Championship.

One cost 33m one is going to cost 55m. 22m for being English?

Hang on a minute Buendia didn't have a better than normal season in the PL, he scored 1 goal didn't he? :lol: UNREAL DISPLAY!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

While I agree with your idea the problem is footballers don't care about the badge anymore. The game has changed. There's 0 loyalty from club or player. Very few players have the mentality to win. Now it's about having fun, being famous and having social media and other outlets to generate money, fame and everything else that comes with it.

What I would say is that British players are more likely to stay at the club unless a City/United etc come in so if you do have a couple of decent ones there's a good chance they will hang around.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Pukki had excellent stats as well, lets sign him as well.
No he didn't. Not in the Premier league.

Buendia in a poor Norwich side had 7 assist in the PL. That was on par with Rashford, Mane that bum Willian, Bruno in his half season at United.

He was 4th in chances created behind only KDB, TAA, and Grealish and ahead of Maddison who was in 5th place.

Pretty impressive no?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's literally the zoomer word of the year.
I genuinely don’t know/care about gen z millennialls all that generation bullsh*t it only exists on the internet.

But calling something cringe is a classic British saying (proper fiat 500 word) kids nowadays just use the same slang from the 90/2000s and just rinse it out.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No he didn't. Not in the Premier league.

Buendia in a poor Norwich side had 7 assist in the PL. That was on par with Rashford, Mane that *** Willian, Bruno in his half season at United.

He was 4th in chances created behind only KDB, TAA, and Grealish and ahead of Maddison who was in 5th place.

Pretty impressive no?

Willian was at a similar level in chances created but with 9 goals and 7 assists in the league. I assume you now think that in hindsight Willian was a good signing due to the stats he put up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom