• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

46M is a fair price for BW. Add the 6 million performances ( Appearances , trophies etc) The bonuses and addons kick in based on reaching set objectives. Meaning we would be paying for what we get. For me , BW meeting target addons also means objectives attained for Arsenal too. It is why he is bought to help win the trophies included on his addons ! We miss them and the club will not pay them.

46M is not entirely based on what he has done as a player so far. It is more about what Arsenal plan to do with him , develop him into , what he is going to become for the next 7-8 years based on what we have seen for far for Brighton and Leeds. This is in contrast to buying an established CB of 27/28 year old to come in a replicate what he has done in the past. We paid a record 35M for Mustafi 5 years ago and he did not guarantee that. Today we are paying market value for a homegrown , English CB with enormous potential and promise. That is a fair price. We should not be worried about what we are paying IMO. We should be focused on how we are going to best use him to reap the benefits of the investment , and keep him part of the mainstay of our defence with Holding , Gabriel , Chambers , Saliba etc.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
So far they've invested £75M and its been invested very well. They know what starting players we need and the calibre needed.
Who? Partey is still a borderline signing which may or may not work out. I don't think we can decide that just yet. Gabriel is decent at a good age, Mari is an average signing and Cedric and Willian have been terrible signings. And I almost forgot Runnarson,lol. Not entirely inspiring. Arteta/Edu made a lot of recruitment decisions last year with signings/renewals and we still finished 8th.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who? Partey is still a borderline signing which may or may not work out. I don't think we can decide that just yet. Gabriel is decent at a good age, Mari is an average signing and Cedric and William have been terrible signings. Not entirely inspiring.

My point is the big money spent on first team signings has worked out. Anyone who doesn't think Partey will be excellent just doesn't know the player.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We don't just want someone better than Cannavaro, we already have Holding for that...we need some that is better than Rob, let's hope Ben is up to the task!

MartiSaka

My point is the big money spent on first team signings has worked out. Anyone who doesn't think Partey will be excellent just doesn't know the player.
You could be right but we have to see this on the pitch before this prediction can be classified as a reality.

MartiSaka

The reason is because of past transfer history ; a lot of the reason we got into this middle table mess we are now in is recruitment related.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't know why people can't be positive on our transfers anymore, without being mocked...sad times for Arsenal fans.

I for one welcome our new White overlord!

Trash posts with a pessimistic doom and gloom vibe and zero content get thrice the likes as any well-thought post that is trying to put some perspective into it.

That's all you need to need to know with the state of AM posters these days.

Robot @Barry the shining light of this transfer window thus far, some old elite members showing up once in a while and a few other positive fresh faces are what's keeping me here.

Jakarta

Trash posts with a pessimistic doom and gloom vibe and zero content get thrice the likes as any well-thought post that is trying to put some perspective into it.

Robot @Barry the shining light of this transfer window thus far, some old elite members showing up once in a while and a few other positive fresh faces are what's keeping me here.

Can’t blame them g.

It’s been depressing being an Arsenal fan for the last decade or so😩

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Cheers mate! Loving your work too

Arsenal4life14

Who? Partey is still a borderline signing which may or may not work out. I don't think we can decide that just yet. Gabriel is decent at a good age, Mari is an average signing and Cedric and Willian have been terrible signings. And I almost forgot Runnarson,lol. Not entirely inspiring. Arteta/Edu made a lot of recruitment decisions last year with signings/renewals and we still finished 8th.
To be fair i doubt many fans would have disagreed with the Partey signing, On paper its a quality signing we just havnt got the best out of him yet, But I believe that is a lot to do with the partners he had with him. Runnarson was a weird signing, Cedric has had some pretty decent games and so has Mari neither you can say have been in the category of worst players this past season, Willian was a cheap gamble that they hoped would work out but didnt, I doubt many fans would have expected Willian to play as badly as he did tbh, But sometimes that is how it is especially when you have cheap owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom