• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Surely we don't go any higher than that? They should be biting out hands off for that. I'm not going to be disappointed if we get outbid on a £54m offer

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I will . He is our major target, and if we get outbid i dont trust the gang enough to have a structured plan for alternatives
I feel the same, if he's your man then he's your man just get it done. Fans obsessed with bargain hunting just have to be ignored, if you think this guy is tailor made for whatever it is you're trying to achieve.

Barry

I feel the same, if he's your man then he's your man just get it done. Fans obsessed with bargain hunting just have to be ignored, if you think this guy is tailor made for whatever it is you're trying to achieve.

It's £54m... How high would you go? What player would you happily sacrifice - the AM, the CM?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's £54m... How high would you go? What player would you happily sacrifice - the AM, the CM?
I wouldn't have gone that high at all, but it's not my team or my money. If he helps Arteta win games then great, whatever.

In my opinion Ben White is a 30 mil player and I would have walked away ages ago. I don't think he is that unique or great to be paying that, but that's the market and Brighton can quote whatever they want, it is what it is.

I wanted a RB, CM and AM so I find it hard to sacrifice any - that would be a mistake.

Barry

I wouldn't have gone that high at all, but it's not my team or my money. If he helps Arteta win games then great, whatever.

In my opinion Ben White is a 30 mil player and I would have walked away ages ago. I don't think he is that unique or great to be paying that, but that's the market and Brighton can quote whatever they want, it is what it is.

I wanted a RB, CM and AM so I find it hard to sacrifice any - that would be a mistake.

I agree with this but it's a bit different from your point above tbf. It's not like fans "bargain hunt" for the sake of it. It's about prioritising resources in the right places. If we've got a massive budget this year then it's less of an issue. This is a massive outlay on a Centre Back but they obviously really rate White and feel he can improve our general play.

I don't think he's shown that value at Brighton this year particularly, but plenty of fans and commentators rate him so hoping that he becomes the player that we've paid for.

I think we can only really judge this one at the end of the window when the overall picture becomes clearer. Excited to see him for Arsenal though (if it goes through).

Malky

Established Member
£54M? :eek:ops: What the **** man, how's a CB with one season (an average one at that) in the PL got that price tag? Brighton are having our pants down here.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I agree with this but it's a bit different from your point above tbf. It's not like fans "bargain hunt" for the sake of it. It's about prioritising resources in the right places. If we've got a massive budget this year then it's less of an issue. This is a massive outlay on a Centre Back but they obviously really rate White and feel he can improve our general play.
Oh gotcha, my bad. Yeah I just think the fans are obsessed with getting premium undiscovered players for peanuts for extra bragging rights or whatever and Ben doesn't fall into that.

I am also saying I wouldn't have picked him, or that position, or that fee personally - but Arteta knows more than me so whatever just get it over with. We are pretty much in agreement here and just hoping for the best really.

Barry

Oh gotcha, my bad. Yeah I just think the fans are obsessed with getting premium undiscovered players for peanuts for extra bragging rights or whatever and Ben doesn't fall into that.

I am also saying I wouldn't have picked him, or that position, or that fee personally - but Arteta knows more than me so whatever just get it over with. We are pretty much in agreement here and just hoping for the best really.

Yeah sorry to bust your chops, I think I'm just working through my internal issues with the fee! Totally agree with this

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I would feel the same if we were better at selling or/and had better depth.

Because at the moment, I just see lots of issues from last year reappearing in stronger form.

BobP

Memri Fan
A wee Castle's update.

mourning-nod.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Those performance related bonus must be CL qualification. Any other stupid thing no. £54m is ludicrous. From Brighton.

Chelsea signed Chillwell before Covid from a better team and Chillwell had more experience for 50m. Madness.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The crazy fee aside, Ben is a player Wenger would've loved to have in his team.
Very Arsenal'esque player as to what we've been used to in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom