• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
While Maguire is the first choice for England and United, in a second placed team.

Brighton reaction.. There are even Brighton Fans, which are saying that he was their third best CB this season after Dunk and Webster.
All players from PL going to be overvalued that's why we never buy from it but we need to stop overthinking about fee and take risks on players that improve us

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
3atb doesn't mean terrible football, just like 4-3-3 doesn't mean good football, they're just formations, different ways of playing.
This is a bit hypothetical, but 3-4-3 opens up some interesting options... A back three of White, Gabriel or Saliba, and Tierney for example would be very mobile with Saka very productive at left wing back. Maybe Willock could work quite well at RWB with his high energy mix of running, pressure & goals.

The issue is that you sacrifice an AM which means that gap between midfield and attack that caused loads of problems last year. Maybe an in-form Neves/Partey axis would have enough to compensate with Laca dropping deep.

I think it's unlikely, but it would explain the lack of links for LB/RB's and also the apparent big move for Ben White

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Seems I’ve done a good job at convincing most this will be a good signing. Top quality posting by OnlyOne yet again. @say yes reading my posts in anger.

Reactions: A_G

Iceman10

Established Member
This is a bit hypothetical, but 3-4-3 opens up some interesting options... A back three of White, Gabriel, Tierney for example would be very mobile with Saka very productive at left wing back. Maybe Willock could work quite well at RWB with his high energy mix of running, pressure & goals.

The issue is that you sacrifice an AM which means that gap between midfield and attack that caused loads of problems last year. Maybe an in-form Neves/Partey axis would have enough to compensate with Laca dropping deep.

I think it's unlikely, but it would explain the lack of links for LB/RB's and also the apparent big move for Ben White
There’s nothing stopping Arteta from having 4231 and 343 as tactical options based on opponent. 343 was a problem particularly against teams set up for “low block”.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We may play 3atb some games but it's clear we looked more comfortable and more easy on eye when playing 4231 and Mikel try to build more fluidity and understanding with it.

Barry

There’s nothing stopping Arteta from having 4231 and 343 as tactical options based on opponent. 343 was a problem particularly against teams set up for “low block”.
Yeah exactly, this and 3-4-3 is a good shout for a counter attacking style when we are outclassed against certain teams.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah exactly, this and 3-4-3 is a good shout for a counter attacking style when we are outclassed against certain teams.

Playing 3 at the back would also get us ready for Antonio coming in towards the end of the year 😄

Kysus

When you’re signing a young English guy you know there is going to be a premium.

First time we are doing this btw? Paying a premium for an English player. We’ve tried the cheap or medium priced foreigners.

I’m for it.
Wenger went trough multiple british phases.
We tried really hard to get Jones from Blackburn, signed Ox and Chambers from Southampton, Theo before that, Ramsey, Holding and ofc Jeffers.
All for top money.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger went trough multiple british phases.
We tried really hard to get Jones from Blackburn, signed Ox and Chambers from Southampton, Theo before that, Ramsey, Holding and ofc Jeffers.
All for top money.
Decent money, not top money. Top money is Utd paying 35M for Rooney at the time.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

3atb doesn't mean terrible football, just like 4-3-3 doesn't mean good football, they're just formations, different ways of playing.

Inter won Serie A scoring loads of goals playing 3-5-2, Chelsea won the CL playing 3-4-2-1, Atletico played 3 atb at times and have arguably been the most offensive they've ever been this season. Every hipsters favourite manager Nagelsmann plays three at the back, tho his systems are very fluid. It's about the application of it above all else. If you have aggressive attacking wing-backs, midfield runners and in general an attitude of playing attacking football.

Iceman10

Established Member
I really dislike the idea of tactical tinkering because it is a sort of admission that your squad with Plan A is not good enough to beat everyone. Arteta did it too much last season, and shouldn’t have done so against Villarreal

… but as we are building our squad we do have to accept theoretical “Plan A” 4231 might have to be departed from particularly against Top 4 PL teams. I think Arteta learned this with the slightly fluky win against Chelsea after embarrassing meek performances against both City and Liverpool at the Emirates. It was a return to some success that led to the FA Cup the previous season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also 4-2-3-1 is the most boring formation around, especially if neither of your midfield 2 is given any license to get forward. I absolutely hate it, some teams do it well but most times, Arteta included, it's pretty limiting.

Barry

I really dislike the idea of tactical tinkering because it is a sort of admission that your squad with Plan A is not good enough to beat everyone. Arteta did it too much last season, and shouldn’t have done so against Villarreal

… but as we are building our squad we do have to accept theoretical “Plan A” 4231 might have to be departed from particularly against Top 4 PL teams. I think Arteta learned this with the slightly fluky win against Chelsea after embarrassing meek performances against both City and Liverpool at the Emirates. It was a return to some success that led to the FA Cup the previous season.
One of Arteta's strengths has been tightening us up against the challenging teams. Some of the performances in Wengers last two seasons were frankly embarrassing. We need to find balance where we can also dominate and attack the rest of the league whilst we improve over time.

I'm not a fan of tinkering too much either, but if he gets the balance right we could be dangerous. I dunno with Arteta, you can see the idea behind a lot of what we try but the execution is so inconsistent.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
People need to stop worrying about Saliba we been told so many times he'll be here in pre season.
I'm not worried about Saliba. I'm worried about us spending money on inferior talents and then watching him be a star for someone else while we continue to circle the toilet as a club on and off the pitch. Saliba will be just fine, probably elsewhere.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
343 is great if you got competitive wingbacks and front 3. Atalanta most fun team to watch in Atalanta and can't stop scoring goals. Inter too like @Tir Na Nog mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom