• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I just don’t get the move from Gundogans perspective? Why would he?

Neither do I. Maybe wants a certain wage/contract length that City won't give him.

Bit random for Ornstein to say we want him and now the Kovacic stuff is coming out.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Neither do I. Maybe wants a certain wage/contract length that City won't give him.

Bit random for Ornstein to say we want him and now the Kovacic stuff is coming out.

I can see why he'd want to leave for a new challenge, but not to another PL club, and not to a potential rival.

Kovacic could be a signing to replace Bernardo or to give even more depth to Gundogans position.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I can see why he'd want to leave for a new challenge, but not to another PL club, and not to a potential rival.

Kovacic could be a signing to replace Bernardo or to give even more depth to Gundogans position.

Maybe, we'll see. I also don't think Gundogen see us as a rival, in fact I don't think any of the City lot do.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Probably wants to experience living in London too. Miles above living in a hole like Manchester.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yes but I’m sure we can all agree that was dumb
It was only dumb because Lacazette underperformed his entire time at the club. Signing Auba was a good move and there's nothing wrong in theory with making 2 big signings in midfield or up front as long as the players work out. The point is that we certainly have shown we have the financial ability to make multiple big money signings in a short period.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It was only dumb because Lacazette underperformed his entire time at the club. Signing Auba was a good move and there's nothing wrong in theory with making 2 big signings in midfield or up front as long as the players work out. The point is that we certainly have shown we have the financial ability to make multiple big money signings in a short period.
True, but those signings were like 6 months apart & the total cost is what it is possibly gonna take to buy one MF player this summer.

Batman

True, but those signings were like 6 months apart & the total cost is what it is possibly gonna take to buy one MF player this summer.
Yeah but 6 months apart or in the same window doesn't really mean anything. Stan is worth $12 billion. 200 million in August or say 130 million in August and 70 million in January doesn't really make a difference to him materially. Whether it affects FFP or not depends but that's why clubs have accountants to figure these things out. In terms of actually spending the money, Stan can spend big on 2 midfielders this summer pretty comfortably and given that all of these payments are paid in installments anyway, you're talking about very little difference between buying just in June, July or August vs pushing another big purchase into January.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah but 6 months apart or in the same window doesn't really mean anything. Stan is worth $12 billion. 200 million in August or say 130 million in August and 70 million in January doesn't really make a difference to him materially. Whether it affects FFP or not depends but that's why clubs have accountants to figure these things out. In terms of actually spending the money, Stan can spend big on 2 midfielders this summer pretty comfortably and given that all of these payments are paid in installments anyway, you're talking about very little difference between buying just in June, July or August vs pushing another big purchase into January.
For sure. We'll see. I think this summer could be a sliding doors moment for Arsenal. Back in the CL, evidence we can compete for titles. Do we set ourselves a top end price/deal structure we are willing to go to to sign players, but back out if it goes beyond ? Or do we bid what we need to to buy the player, given we are likely to face competition for our targets ?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

i just hope we don’t become passion merchant if we sign him like West Ham and judge his performance accordingly. Instead of how much he cares unlike Partey for example

Batman

For sure. We'll see. I think this summer could be a sliding doors moment for Arsenal. Back in the CL, evidence we can compete for titles. Do we set ourselves a top end price/deal structure we are willing to go to to sign players, but back out if it goes beyond ? Or do we bid what we need to to buy the player, given we are likely to face competition for our targets ?
I look at what Stan and Josh did to win the Rams that Super Bowl and I feel like seeing how close we came this year, they're really going to back Arteta to the hilt and go all in on winning. It's the same as how they've been willing to sign Jokic, Murray and the rest of the difference makers on the Nuggets team to big money deals in order to compete for a Championship and take advantage of their generational player's window to win. My hope and expectation is that we see far less dithering and far more decisiveness with bringing in our primary targets earlier in the window. I expect Rice to be an Arsenal player by early July. I think that they understand that the time is now to take the club to the next level, not just on the pitch commercially with us being back in the CL and playing the kind of exciting football that raises your profile globally.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I look at what Stan and Josh did to win the Rams that Super Bowl and I feel like seeing how close we came this year, they're really going to back Arteta to the hilt and go all in on winning. It's the same as how they've been willing to sign Jokic, Murray and the rest of the difference makers on the Nuggets team to big money deals in order to compete for a Championship and take advantage of their generational player's window to win. My hope and expectation is that we see far less dithering and far more decisiveness with bringing in our primary targets earlier in the window. I expect Rice to be an Arsenal player by early July. I think that they understand that the time is now to take the club to the next level, not just on the pitch commercially with us being back in the CL and playing the kind of exciting football that raises your profile globally.
One can only hope !!! 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom