• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
They only have Wilson, who has been injured 157 days since 26th November 2020. Also Joelinton, but he is more of a midfielder for them now. Hasn't had enough end-product.

So a cheap Nketiah along with someone else could be needed.
True, but if you're Eddie and you know that in 6 months time Newcastle are going to spend £100m on new strikers it doesn't make much sense surely. Chances are that he ends up on the bench after that

Gn1212

Eddie to Newcastle doesn't seem like a good fit somehow. They went big for Willock and that hasn't worked out yet. Now they have new owners and money - they need instant success to stay up and then they'll be after the big names across Europe. Sure, he'll get a nice contract but can't see him playing much football at Newcastle unless they are relegated. Does Nketiah guarantee them the goals to stay up? Think there are probably better options (like Auba actually)
Reckon Newcastle still very much count on Willock though. Can see him being a player Eddie Howe likes a lot and believes in. He's a known hard worker, at a good age and an Englishman. Eddie likes those.
Nketiah is another.

Gn1212

True, but if you're Eddie and you know that in 6 months time Newcastle are going to spend £100m on new strikers it doesn't make much sense surely. Chances are that he ends up on the bench after that
That I certainly agree. Perhaps Howe could sway him into thinking that won't be the case though.
Wouldn't risk it if I was him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't have the source, but I remember Newcastle having something like 180 million to spend in regard to FFP. Unless they get similar bypass as City have.

So I doubt they will use half of it in strikers. They might buy another more expensive one, and have Wilson and Nketiah for rotation with Wilson's injury worries.

Nketiah is a bargain so I would think many clubs want him to spend in him in January to fight off competition in the free signing.

Tom Mix

If we get offered anything for Eddie in January take it and let him go. He's been patient and loyal but there's no point in screwing up a good deal for him when he might not as good an offer in the summer when there's lots more players available.

Arteta will have to swallow his pride with Auba at some point or sell him and get a new striker. With Laca leaving in the summer we're going to be very, very short up front.

drippin

Arteta will have to swallow his pride with Auba at some point or sell him and get a new striker. With Laca leaving in the summer we're going to be very, very short up front.
Arteta? It's Auba who has to. We are performing better without Auba.

I still can't imagine Auba being super immature about this, while it seems he has discipline issues. So he could be our super-sub until the end of his contract, because I can't see him taking a huge paycut to go to other teams.

If Arteta was worried about his wages, he wouldn't have binned him for discipline at all.

Tom Mix

Arteta? It's Auba who has to. We are performing better without Auba.

I still can't imagine Auba being super immature about this, while it seems he has discipline issues. So he could be our super-sub until the end of his contract, because I can't see him taking a huge paycut to go to other teams.

If Arteta was worried about his wages, he wouldn't have binned him for discipline at all.
We are performing better. But my point is if we lose Eddie now or in the summer, with Laca leaving in the summer and jury out on Balogun, we either sell Auba or we use him unless we get another striker.

We now have Martinelli/Laca and the latter is gone in the summer. There is no way in that scenario that Auba does not play again for the Arsenal.

drippin

We are performing better. But my point is if we lose Eddie now or in the summer, with Laca leaving in the summer and jury out on Balogun, we either sell Auba or we use him unless we get another striker.

We now have Martinelli/Laca and the latter is gone in the summer. There is no way in that scenario that Auba does not play again for the Arsenal.
Okay, so your point was that you see Auba playing more games for Arsenal? I still think so too.

But I can't see Arteta becoming humble about this. It would make all the effort with Guendouzi etc. until Auba redundant.

Auba has to become humble, or he won't play for Arsenal again.

drippin

Would’ve though both Eddie and Balogun only leave if we sign someone. No need to be considering Auba for games yet.
Watch them sell or loan AMN, Nketiah and Balogun long before this January window ends, and get no one while AFCON is on. 🤪

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

_103584572_davidwilkinson-1.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we might let him go if we sign striker if we don't i can see us focring him to stay because lack of backup and Auba problems.

Pepesuave

Should have sold him, he aint signing.
Can't sell him in January until we sign another striker. Can't have Laca as the only striker when challenging for a CL spot. The pittance fee offered by clubs now not worth the risk.
I still think Newcastle panic and push to sign Auba this window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom