• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry boi

I know it's been said many times but Arsenal will not improve until this guy is moved on. He's not creative (this is not only a no 10 job) he's not energetic nor is he defensively sound. You just can't have a passenger like him in such a crucial position, the team is literally built around him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Like I get we might have to keep him if nobody wants him, but fk me extending the contract for annother 4 years. Is Arteta's new strategy trying to put anyone else off of the job afterwards. Guy didnt seem to be helping Lokoknga or communicating with him at all. The first thing he said to Lokoknga was probably go to do the post match interviews so he didnt have to.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He already told fans fvck off and refused to take back. The fans went back and became submissive again. So I don’t blame him for having zero respect for Arsenal fans. I know I wouldn’t if I was a player
So you would prefer it if the fans kept abusing him?

RunTheTrap

What I don't understand is why couldn't we wait until the final day of the transfer market before giving him a contract. Things always get nutty in the final days and I'm sure Roma would have found a few extra pennies behind the sofa. Could have called up Bruno Guimaraes to stay on standby and then BOOM! You get an upgrade at 23 years old and Xhaka goes to a league where he might look better. Happy days for everyone.

sdotzdot

Established Member
What I don't understand is why couldn't we wait until the final day of the transfer market before giving him a contract. Things always get nutty in the final days and I'm sure Roma would have found a few extra pennies behind the sofa. Could have called up Bruno Guimaraes to stay on standby and then BOOM! You get an upgrade at 23 years old and Xhaka goes to a league where he might look better. Happy days for everyone.
I’m still hoping (and praying) that this is a tactic to scare them into raising their price. Seems like they didn’t bite.

I may be clutching at straws but I am desperate right now. PLEASE JUST DONT EXTEND HIM FFS.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Two wrongs do not make a right.
The fans deserve respect. Without the fans the club is nothing. To tell the club they have to respect and even have their club captained by a man who told them to fvck off is joke. A C lot of clubs with real passionate fans wouldn’t accept this and remove him from the club

blaze_of_glory

We haven't heard much on the contract front in a few days, perhaps this could still happen.

Though we'd probably **** it up and fail to bring in the replacement in time.

RunTheTrap

The fans deserve respect. Without the fans the club is nothing. To tell the club they have to respect and even have their club captained by a man who told them to fvck off is joke. A C lot of clubs with real passionate fans wouldn’t accept this and remove him from the club
You might see it as passionate but it can be taken negatively as well. All it takes are a few extremist fans to ruin the reputation. Look at Millwall fans. Most of them are seen as hateful racists and hooligans, and now they have to live with that tarnished reputation. I don’t want Xhaka to go through external issues. I would much rather he left because an intelligent manager or football director sees how poor he has been for five years and transfer lists him. It shouldn’t take death threats or abuse for Xhaka to leave our club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You might see it as passionate but it can be taken negatively as well. All it takes are a few extremist fans to ruin the reputation. Look at Millwall fans. Most of them are seen as hateful racists and hooligans, and now they have to live with that tarnished reputation. I don’t want Xhaka to go through external issues. I would much rather he left because an intelligent manager or football director sees how poor he has been for five years and transfer lists him. It shouldn’t take death threats or abuse for Xhaka to leave our club.
You think a Man U or Liverpool a captain could their fans fvck off and remain as captain and they would accept it?

Halcyon Daze

We haven't heard much on the contract front in a few days, perhaps this could still happen.

Though we'd probably **** it up and fail to bring in the replacement in time.
I’d be harder than a Times crossword if it happens. I just know it won’t though, and the fat statue gets a new deal.

RunTheTrap

You think a Man U or Liverpool a captain could their fans fvck off and remain as captain and they would accept it?
I’m not sure, but I do remember Rooney questioning the ambition of United and flirted with the idea of going to City. Let’s not forget when Rooney was caught on cameras admonishing the England fans for booing. Not as bad as telling them to f*ck of but still stands. Fans don’t hold grudges if you play well, usually.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m not sure, but I do remember Rooney questioning the ambition of United and flirted with the idea of going to City. Let’s not forget when Rooney was caught on cameras admonishing the England fans for booing. Not as bad as telling them to f*ck of but still stands. Fans don’t hold grudges if you play well, usually.
United fans fully agreed with Rooney about lack of ambition at that time

Halcyon Daze

For all we know he could have signed new contract already. They just don’t dare to announce it
Probably not signed as you’d imagine it’d be at least leaked to some degree. But I reckon imminent, probably sorting out the finer details. Arteta recently called him an integral part of the team or whatever it was, literally the only person who thinks that apart from a few deluded disciples on here.

Halcyon Daze

Because I'd feel guilty taking 12 million of anyone for this waste of space.
I actually think he’d do ok in Italy as it’s a slower league. He can’t handle it here as he needs about 17 hours to collect the ball and think about what he wants to do next. On that basis, he is worth more than what Roma offered to an Italian team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom