• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't see why we sell. He's our best midfielder. Unless we're signing 2 upgrades, which I can't see, there's no reason to let him go. Even if that happened, he's worth keeping for depth. You don't sell for the joke offers Roma offer you. £20m or **** off Roma
he key midfielder for us but we need to take next step and upgrade just like Partey we'll likely going to upgrade him in 2 years time.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

While he is a good player, and we're better with him that without, he simply cannot be relied upon.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't see why we sell. He's our best midfielder. Unless we're signing 2 upgrades, which I can't see, there's no reason to let him go. Even if that happened, he's worth keeping for depth. You don't sell for the joke offers Roma offer you. £20m or **** off Roma

I'd be happy selling or keeping tbh but like you say you don't let him go for under his value. Given his age, getting £15m and reinvesting in Neves would be ok, very similar players, maybe a slight upgrade.

Liam_Og

I'd be happy selling or keeping tbh but like you say you don't let him go for under his value. Given his age, getting £15m and reinvesting in Neves would be ok, very similar players, maybe a slight upgrade.
After Neves’ comments about the way Arsenal celebrated last night’s win, he’s not coming here.

Would rather Rice anyway. Albeit at double the money.

Barry

After Neves’ comments about the way Arsenal celebrated last night’s win, he’s not coming here.

Rice would be such a statement but I just can't see a situation where he would choose us over the other clubs that would be interested. I don't think it's about money with Rice, I think he can pick any club for his next move basically.

Wouldn't read too much into anything players say. Ivan Toney was trash talking us at the beginning of the season as well - doesn't look so funny now though, he would bite our hands off to join.

Liam_Og

Rice would be such a statement but I just can't see a situation where he would choose us over the other clubs that would be interested. I don't think it's about money with Rice, I think he can pick any club for his next move basically.

I agree. Its incredibly unlikely.

United and chelsea both strongly linked. Who knows, if we get CL and the stars align, maybe there is a small chance.

Barry

I agree. Its incredibly unlikely.

United and chelsea both strongly linked. Who knows, if we get CL and the stars align, maybe there is a small chance.

And even if they don't we might benefit. With Chelsea for example, if they go for Rice, what happens to Gallagher? Man United feel like the most obvious club for Rice, but then if we finish above them this season maybe we would have a chance. You'd think Liverpool would be very interested as well though.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually, had we bid for him, he'd be walking down south to play for the Arsenal.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't read too much into anything players say. Ivan Toney was trash talking us at the beginning of the season as well - doesn't look so funny now though, he would bite our hands off to join.
I have been saying. I have inside knowledge here. He will go to Chelsea.

Liam_Og

And even if they don't we might benefit. With Chelsea for example, if they go for Rice, what happens to Gallagher? Man United feel like the most obvious club for Rice, but then if we finish above them this season maybe we would have a chance. You'd think Liverpool would be very interested as well though.
Gallagher and Rice don’t play the same role, there is space for both of them in the same squad. Rice i guess is the long term replacement for Kante, albeit with a bit more attacking prowess.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

According to @Corriere, Jose Mourinho will not give up his request to sign Granit Xhaka next summer, despite Roma's previous attempts last summer and winter.

Mourinho believes that Xhaka is the 'favourite man' to build the team around and helps control the pace of the match which the team lacks.

Goonger

According to @Corriere, Jose Mourinho will not give up his request to sign Granit Xhaka next summer, despite Roma's previous attempts last summer and winter.

Mourinho believes that Xhaka is the 'favourite man' to build the team around and helps control the pace of the match which the team lacks.

I hope for both sides sakes he gets his move. He obviously wanted to leave in the summer, so would be good if we can get top 4, and both split ways on a high and we can move on from having to rely on the unreliable. And I'm someone that appreciates the good things Xhaka does offer.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yes take this bvm please ffs

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Jose wants him, he should only get him with a very high offer.

It would be best if Xhaka leaves soon, but that little gimp in Roma can go and **** himself as far as all Arsenal supporters should be concerned.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Corriere dello sport was the same tabloid that constantly said Xhaka was already sold and the announcement is just around the corner.

Why are we still allowing them? They're barely above the sun in terms of reliability.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pay up then. These Italian clubs take the piss. Feed their tinpot media all sorts of stuff, yet low ball clubs they're trying to get offers from. Given he signed a new deal, I'd think we should be looking at around 25m.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Corriere dello sport was the same tabloid that constantly said Xhaka was already sold and the announcement is just around the corner.

Why are we still allowing them? They're barely above the sun in terms of reliability.
They weren't the only ones, even Sky Italia said there was an agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom