• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
It will be interesting to see what type of player they target to replace him. I don’t think someone like Partey will be the way they go. Someone comfortable with the ball and with a good passing range is what I’m thinking.

Partey just seems like such great value with that release clause. Was apparently keen for a move in summer too.

Sure Arteta would prefer a Rodri / Fabinho type, but there aren’t many of those available. Particularly within our price range.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Partey also can play in multiple positions i think he'll cost us alot of money can see them moving for Rabiot then try partey in summer or Someone else

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
To be honest, i think we should ask for more, but i just want this circus to be over with.

I feel similarly but with the way things have happened the buying club hold all the cards really. You’ve got a player who’s hated by a large portion of the fan base and he has already packed his bags. Now we’ve also had his agent come out and say they’ve already agreed a move. I’m not sure we can be calling the shots.we might get a little bit more but that’s about it.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Surprised he is considering a team like Hertha Berlin. Hardly a European powerhouse of a club, but good luck I guess.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Surprised he is considering a team like Hertha Berlin. Hardly a European powerhouse of a club, but good luck I guess.
I would assume with their investor recently increasing his stake to 49.9% because of Germany's 50% + 1 rule leaves quite a bit of cash to be injected as well as the draw of Jurgen Klinsmann.

Toast

Established Member
giphy.gif

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
In the current market 21m for a full international player, who knows the league, is in the prime of his career and has made over 300 career appearances is almost insulting.

Let's see what our new hotshot negotiation team can do. If Gazidis was still here he would go on to seal the deal for 15m and a pack of crisps.

Show us why you're better Raul.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He has a proper attitude problem, could be the worst thing to have around the squad right now, or if we get him playing to his potential we could have one of the best CM's in the league.

Agree with this, his attitude is the reason he wants to join 12th place and regular mid table club Hertha Berlin, cant even put in the work to gain his captaincy and club reputation back and just bolts at the first chance he gets.

The circumstances of his last month or two here dictate the fee, its appears both clubs know he wants to leave, his agent has put on the pressure by going public, I think the club just has to accept this as a poor buy, seel for as much as possible and move on.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
21 million as an opening offer is okay. I'd let him go for 27 million. Use the money to bring in a complete midfielder, not a destroyer. We need a midfielder to provide key passes so that we don't rely on Özil being the only player in our team capable of a forward pass.

Someone like Golovin.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I think some of you are probably being a bit unfair, as I rather suspect it is his wife who is pushing for a move to Germany - it was the online threats towards her and their child which upset Xhaka so much

there is nothing wrong with a man putting his family before his career

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Very fair fee. Fingers crossed the Lucas to Italy story ends up with a bid as well.

You dont often get an opportunity to rebuild you complete midfield & have the luxury of half a season to get ready for 20/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom