• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa

So he makes errors because no one is close to him to save him? It’s others fault he is slow as hell and easy to pressure? Xhaka given time and space is very good. Pressure him and he makes errors and rash fouls. That’s him in nutshell
Have you ever seen an Alonso without a Khedira? A Xavi without a Busquets? A Pirlo without a Gattuso? … Or similar. They would all be exposed otherwise, even seen it happen to Thiago this season.
Such a player needs to play in a double pivot, particiularly for Arsenal where the forwards often lose the ball, we aren’t City. Xhaka can’t cover and should not be expected to cover midfield by himself.

Theresa

Only 2? You know that's very bad right?
2 errors leading to goals in his first, 3 in his second, 2 in his third and 2 in the last. He holds the record for most errors leading by an outfielder. Then 3 red cards and 5 penalties conceded. One has to be phenomenally stupid and brain dead to do this.
Or because he’s essentially the last line of defence and has a high number of games so he’s expected to make some errors. Partey made a lot more errors but is lucky they haven’t led to goals.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I would have been ecstatic over this 8 months/a year ago.

Been a very vocal critic of his but he has by far been our best CM this season, we look visibly worse when he doesn’t play and dare I say it, is improving as a player.

Don’t trust the club to get a suitable replacement/upgrade.

Awful posting, but expect nothing less from you.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
We all know how this is going to end, it's arsenal ffs.

We'll end up selling for £10 and a packet of basmati rice, even tho we rejected 25m+ from hertha like 8 months ago.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Have you ever seen an Alonso without a Khedira? A Xavi without a Busquets? A Pirlo without a Gattuso? … Or similar. They would all be exposed otherwise, even seen it happen to Thiago this season.
Such a player needs to play in a double pivot, particiularly for Arsenal where the forwards often lose the ball, we aren’t City. Xhaka can’t cover and should not be expected to cover midfield by himself.
I have seen them all and none of them loses the ball like xhaka or make rash tackles. Who’s fault was it he was rash in Germany and was known to make stupid ill timed tackles? No great midfielder is as error prone as xhaka. After all these years and all the data we have I can’t believe you are arguing against this lol

Pepesuave

It’s his role. Stands for deep lying playmaker. Very similar to the Italian regista. A defensive midfield role that is responsible for transitioning defence to attack as well as offering protection to the backline. They must be great passers, possessing a high pass accuracy, able to switch the play and find attackers in space with accurate long balls, dictate tempo and have a good reading of the game. Not easily replaced.
I'm sorry but Xhaka does not playmake ****! The only progressive pass he makes is the left wing touchline ball to Tierney or whoever is at LB. Any other position on the pitch is no-risk Xhaka, safest ball to retain possession and kill counter attacks. Dictate tempo? Lol. Don't get me started.
Look, I don't mind him in the squad as midfield cover - similar to El Neny's role this season but I'm guessing he wants to play more

Theresa

I'm sorry but Xhaka does not playmake ****! The only progressive pass he makes is the left wing touchline ball to Tierney or whoever is at LB. Any other position on the pitch is no-risk Xhaka, safest ball to retain possession and kill counter attacks. Dictate tempo? Lol. Don't get me started.
Look, I don't mind him in the squad as midfield cover - similar to El Neny's role this season but I'm guessing he wants to play more

Theresa

I have seen them all and none of them loses the ball like xhaka or make rash tackles. Who’s fault was it he was rash in Germany and was known to make stupid ill timed tackles? No great midfielder is as error prone as xhaka. After all these years and all the data we have I can’t believe you are arguing against this lol

He did well in Germany it’s why we bought him. His tackling’s improved in my opinion.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Agreed on us looking visibly worse when Xhaka didn't play last season...but it is an indictment on how far we have fallen rather than an endorsement of Xhaka's abilities. He is far too limited a footballer to be regular in an EPL team with top 4 aspirations. Time to move on
I agree, I’m by no means a Xhaka fan. This has by far been the best I’ve seen him play since he joined though. The very fact I wouldn’t mind him staying shows his improvement.

Obviously if we get someone better than great. No confidence that will happen though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree, I’m by no means a Xhaka fan. This has by far been the best I’ve seen him play since he joined though. The very fact I wouldn’t mind him staying shows his improvement.

Obviously if we get someone better than great. No confidence that will happen though.

The starting CM we sign won't be worse than xhaka.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I would have been ecstatic over this 8 months/a year ago.

Been a very vocal critic of his but he has by far been our best CM this season, we look visibly worse when he doesn’t play and dare I say it, is improving as a player.

Don’t trust the club to get a suitable replacement/upgrade.

I'd have to begrudgingly agree that he's been one of our better midfielders this season (I can't say the best I just physically cannot).

Mainly because Partey hasn't really lit it up in Arteta's system (a large part due to him missing so much time because of his injury).

We've looked appreciably better with Xhaka in midfield than without this season. I'd be capping if I said otherwise.

However, do I think he's a great player? Hmm not really, I fancy Partey to really bed in and look like the £45M+ player next season (whether it's enough to cover Arteta's dusty a*s.......who knows).

So I'd personally be all up for selling him, and it's where I disagree with Roz, I wouldn't keep him on. Get someone more mobile, younger and with more potential

Sure I don't exactly trust our inept duo but it's not enough reason in my mind to keep Xhaka.

However for £10M or whatever Roma have in their mind around that amount? They can gtfoh, he's worth £25M minimum imo, offer that and I'll personally smuggle him into the EU.

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom