• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

GLITCH

All these foxes look like this when we turn to cheaper better targets rather than their bad boy crooked legs James.

13-3-9991408
That's actually more what they'll look like when we take their crooked legs James for £60m+. Just look at the smirk ffs.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Update from Obai:

Arsenal's offer was 45 million euros + player (Niles or Willock) Leicester. First, the negotiations will proceed slowly. Because of Arsenal's diligence in selling one or two players before raising their offer to 60-65 million euros. Madison made it clear to Leicester that he wanted to move to Arsenal, the player confirmed his desire, especially after positive talks with the London club's management, who made it clear to the player that they would do their best to sign the player, asking the player to wait a little. Newcastle are interested in Willock, but they will not make any offer to Arsenal until the moment, Burnley are very interested in Niles and actually inquired about the player and the possibility of contracting him. Bellerin's deal to Inter has not progressed until the moment. A big month and a great job is expected from the Arsenal administration.

Please, let us keep Willock.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's actually more what they'll look like when we take their crooked legs James for £60m+. Just look at the smirk ffs.
Thought about it that way too, haha. Depends on how one interprets the impression.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I would like to add my 2 pence: in a choice between Maddison and Odergaard I would choose Maddison, but given a third option I would pick neither.

Sigh... the state of this club breaks my heart.

Badger_Revenge

70 million is too much for Maddison on its face, but Leicester don't actually want to sell, especially to someone they see as a rival. Of course they will over value. Then you are dropping a huge chunk of change in the bank account of a rival club that knows what to do with that money.

The players names were probably floated to see if there was a way to cut into the cash demand. I'm sure Arsenal floated that idea. I can understand Leicesters desire to keep things simple. Transfers involving swaps add a whole new dimension of complexity. This isn't american sports. Simpler to do an entirely separate deal if Leicester was actually interested in one.

Maddison is a good player, but honestly, I'd drop this and take Ødegaard/Aouar and Guimaraes (to replace Elneny). I'd love to hear what has got the big wigs so enamored of Maddison.

SlyFox

interesting that the Leicester journalist from Athletic didn't say Maddison is untouchable or something like that look like they just waiting for us to make acceptable bid. this is similar to white deal we'll take our time because we having free run in him.
Nobody is untouchable, make a stupid offer and you could buy anyone.

SlyFox

It's a proper con job. Even their own fans know it, but still expect us to pay!
If you want to buy him yes.

Is he worth £70m, probably not. But our MO is to sell high and buy several players. If we sell him, then we need a quality 10 and we're still needing a quality winger.

Championship players now cost £30m, anyone doing anything in any half decent league costs £30-35m minimum.

So, unless we pull off some risky wild transfer for £5m from the arse end of nowhere and fluke an amazing player. We're going to want £65m/£70m to make it worth while and to fund those transfers.

Anything less, frankly isn't worth it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If you want to buy him yes.

Is he worth £70m, probably not. But our MO is to sell high and buy several players. If we sell him, then we need a quality 10 and we're still needing a quality winger.

Championship players now cost £30m, anyone doing anything in any half decent league costs £30-35m minimum.

So, unless we pull off some risky wild transfer for £5m from the arse end of nowhere and fluke an amazing player. We're going to want £65m/£70m to make it worth while and to fund those transfers.

Anything less, frankly isn't worth it.
When Buendia cost 38 million pounds, I kinda agree. But he isn't injury prone.

I say again, I would steer clear of Maddison with his injury problems in last seasons even if we get him cheaper. I have had enough of injured Arsenal players to want to sign someone who is injury prone from the start.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
When Buendia cost 38 million pounds, I kinda agree. But he isn't injury prone.

I say again, I would steer clear of Maddison with his injury problems in last seasons even if we get him cheaper. I have had enough of injured Arsenal players to want to sign someone who is injury prone from the start.

Maddison has missed 16 league games in the last 3 seasons, through injury/selection.
Grealish has missed 29 league games in the last 3 seasons, through injury/selection.

Man City have just spent £100 million on an injury prone player then?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Maddison has missed 16 league games in the last 3 seasons, through injury/selection.
Grealish has missed 29 league games in the last 3 seasons, through injury/selection.

Man City have just spent £100 million on an injury prone player then?
Grealish is way better and Grealish don’t have questionable hip.

Badger_Revenge

Having a hard time understanding what Fofana's injury has to do with the Maddison transfer situation one way or the other if money is no problem - unless Maddison has some secret skills as a center back. That might explain why Edu and Arteta want to splash the big bucks on him!

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom