• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Oleksandr Zinchenko 🇺🇦

Status
Not open for further replies.

daron christie

We get Zinchenko in midfield then the other links like Tielemens & Bissouma, that would be a pretty good window in midfield. Those 3 plus Xhaka, Partey & El Neny would be a pretty good 6 experienced players for centre midfield next season.
Bringing in that trio would blow 75% of our budget

Keplaz

It shouldn't even be Zinchenko or Xhaka ffs. Zinchenko should be our left back. Tierney's had his chances and unfortunately has proven he can't stay fit. Also the way Arteta wants his fullbacks to play suits Zinchenko's style.
Zinchenko won't sign to play left back. He wants guaranteed minutes as a midfielder.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Zinchenko won't sign to play left back. He wants guaranteed minutes as a midfielder.

He can go to West ham then, he's not going to get that guarantee at a top 6 club. He'd be a starter at LB at arguably every top 6 club bar City and Liverpool though.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Makes no sense to me how they are comparing Martinez with Zinchencko, but I would be very happy with him as first choice LB, CM less so, although he would allow us to loan Lokonga (or sell Xhaka if we get a LCM in, which surely they can't not do).

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find the acceptance of Zinchenko at left back interesting.defensively he is in the lowest percentile for all defensive actions apart from heading.

Obviously there is the concept of City having the ball so he does less defending, but Cancelo has significantly better stats.

Then again Tierneys stats aren't much better. Maybe that's the problem? Finding a balanced full back is very hard.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I find the acceptance of Zinchenko at left back interesting.defensively he is in the lowest percentile for all defensive actions apart from heading.

Obviously there is the concept of City having the ball so he does less defending, but Cancelo has significantly better stats.

Then again Tierneys stats aren't much better. Maybe that's the problem? Finding a balanced full back is very hard.
I think system has something to do with the raw numbers for both Tierney and Zinchenko. We've seen Tierney perform very capably as a CB in a back three - would be worth going back to previous seasons and international performances to see if his numbers are the same. Just from the eye test I think he's a pretty sound defender though.

Zinchenko I've seen less of, but the City fans all rate him a lot. His defensive game gets brought up as his main weakness but think he'd still be capable there in the same way that Tierney is. Very different profile to Martinez though.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He only works as a left-back if he's used as an inverted left-back, otherwise it makes no sense. You want him there to provide cover for the defensive midfielder and get involved in the build up.

blrgooner

Established Member
He only works as a left-back if he's used as an inverted left-back, otherwise it makes no sense. You want him there to provide cover for the defensive midfielder and get involved in the build up.
Zinchenko is not a defensive midfielder though. He is more of an attacking midfielder IMO

StefanB

So this guy is apparantly way more attractive than Grimaldo?

People don't want Grimaldo who's far quicker than Zinchenko and has better offensive stats at a way lower fee + lower wages. He also has better defensive stats and is only 1 year older.

I don't get this forum. So weird.

LeadFarmer

People don't want Grimaldo who's far quicker than Zinchenko and has better offensive stats at a way lower fee + lower wages. He also has better defensive stats and is only 1 year older.

Zinchenko can play multiple positions… DM, CM, LB. Grimaldo plays one position. Zinchenko is better defensively than Grimaldo.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Zinchenko is not a defensive midfielder though. He is more of an attacking midfielder IMO
I think you misunderstood my post. 'Cover for defensive midfielder' doesn't mean backing up the defensive midfielder, I meant it tactically. The inverted full-backs form a 3-man defensive midfield line along with the DM in the center.

StefanB

Zinchenko can play multiple positions… DM, CM, LB. Grimaldo plays one position. Zinchenko is better defensively than Grimaldo.

Zinchenko at DM is a nightmare. He's pretty weak defensively and has been City's weakest link whenever he has played in that back four. He is not better defensively than Grimaldo.

He can play LB and CM that is true, but he's better at CM than he is at LB. And he's decent in City's attacking lineup because of his passing and combination play, but yet he's barely featured over the 6 seasons he's played in Manchester. He's never been involved in more than 20 league games in a season.

People are severly underrating Grimaldo and are overrating Zinchenko. Grimaldo can also play at LB, LWB and LM and his delivery of the ball is class.

Tell.

Zinchenko looks amazing on the ball going forward.
?
Very good touch, decent combinations & understands tactically where to be in the middle third. Amazing is a big stretch though. In the final 3rd he has no outstanding attacking quality for a fullback

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I know he makes sense but I don't want this to happen. I turn off the TV when Manchester City plays, so I don't really want more ex Manchester City players filling our squad.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

He's putting up his numbers in Portugal though. Zinchenko is proven in the league, proven in the best team in the country. One set of fans rates the player (Zinchenko) the other are not fussed with him leaving (Grimaldo). There's a reason for the price difference.

StefanB

He's putting up his numbers in Portugal though. Zinchenko is proven in the league, proven in the best team in the country. One set of fans rates the player (Zinchenko) the other are not fussed with him leaving (Grimaldo). There's a reason for the price difference.

And players from the portoguese league have recently struggled in the Premier League? Usually they take pretty good to the league.

There's also quite the difference to playing for the obviously best team in the league who usually have the ball 70% of the time where you rarely have to defend. He's not really proven either is he? He has played pretty much half the games that Grimaldo has played at the top level he plays sporadically for his country as a CM rather than his LB position at City. Defensively he's very suspect. When it comes to his goal contributes it's not really good either. He has 0 goals in the league in 76 games and a whopping 7 assists.

Grimaldo has fallen out of favour with the club which is why their fans are pretty indifferent to him leaving, but he's been pretty much their best and most consistent player since arriving from Barcelona. And he's been linked away every year with Benfica wanting a sizeable fee.

Grimaldo is far better value for money than Zinchenko and is a better LB aswell. By quite the distance imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom