• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro-Evo/FIFA 13

WengerFaithful

Any one found a good team on the Online Fifa Interactive Worldcup that doesnt play a high line that can defend a through ball attack?

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Just playing some Ultimate Team. Had 1 game left in division 1 and needed 1 point to win the title. So I go into a game with my 4 star Premier League team, and EA's magnificent matchmaking pairs me up against.....

Casillas; Alves, Pepe, Puyol, Marcelo; Alonso, Fabregas, Özil; Iniesta, Benzema, Di Maria.

Not to worry though, the guy wasn't very good and I found myself 2-0 up, and the only reason it wasn't about 15-0 was because Casillas isn't human and can defy the laws of physics. Though despite the frustration of not being able to score a third and finish off the game no matter what I tried, I was still comfortable, I was absolutely dominating the poor guy, he couldn't even get out of his half to muster up an attack... that is, until we got to the dreaded 80th minute........

All of a sudden, all of my passes are going straight to him, all my players are taking extremely poor first touches, I can no longer dribble past any of his players, despite doing so continuously for the first 80 minutes....

My defenders are all suddenly out of position, I'm losing every single header, every time I try to clear the ball it keeps going back to his players like a steel ball bearing to a magnet and my keeper is making howler after howler.

In those last 10 minutes, I didn't even get out of my half, but he only had 3 shots so it's all good, right? Wrong.

First shot he takes from about 30 yards with Özil, keeper gets a hand on it but somehow it still goes in.

Second shot he takes, was from a corner which I unsuccessfully tried to clear 4 times but it kept pin-balling around the box until it eventually falls perfectly to Benzema to score from point blank range.

Third shot he takes, was after he ran down the wing with Di Maria who despite me tackling twice, managed to keep going like a steam train and cross the ball straight to my keeper..... WHO UNDER NO IMMEDIATE PRESSURE, DECIDES TO PUNCH THE BALL STRAIGHT TO AN UNMARKED BENZEMA TO SCORE THE WINNER.

Those goals came in the 86th, 89th and 90th minutes after he failed to have a single meaningful attack for the first 80 minutes.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you FIFA 13.

thedon5

Ouch.

Reminds me of a similar experience I had dominating a guy. I lost 4-1, I had 37 shots with 31 on target, he had 5 shots.... With 3 on target, he scored from a ****ing deflection. Seriously when facing a pace whore in UT one lapse in concentration is enough.

Seriously, FIFA is more frustrating than COD and that is saying something. Regardless, it's too fun, I keep going back for more no matter what bs it throws out.

Btw to anyone playing Career, I urge you to try Watt if you haven't. I don't know what it is with that kid, his dribbling feels better than Gervinho and AOC, and he is super quick. He just breezes past defenders, and he isn't even worth a million. Ha!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Agreed. it is ****ing frustrating. I can't defend for nuts. Its too hard.

Anybody who wants a game can add me. PSN: Clrnc

MaestroCesc

thedon5 said:
They're not too bad. Especially now that the gold contracts cost only something like 250-300 coins, it's more annoying when the prices start madly increasing.

Buy some rare managers so that you have the maximum 50% bonus to every contract you apply.
Well 200-300 per contract is still quite alot of money, they should be 200 only. The playerbase is just stupid, the funnest part of UT is playing with your team so why rise the price of contracts which means you get less out of the funnest part...

@ferrari i know exactly what you mean, pretty much every match if you only have a 2 goal lead it will come back to at least 2-2.

My team looks pretty good now but dont know who to get now its an EPL one

Sczesny
Sagna-Koscielny/Toure-Vermaelen-Gibbs
Diaby
-Wilshere/Sahin-Cazorla
Moses/Jarvis-Gervinho-Ox

That attack line is beast, even though they are onlt rated 75-81 their pace and dribbling is amazing and they are great at finishing.

Jbruin

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/139424670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/139424670</a>

John Obi Mikel with another screamer :lol:

thedon5

MaestroCesc said:
thedon5 said:
They're not too bad. Especially now that the gold contracts cost only something like 250-300 coins, it's more annoying when the prices start madly increasing.

Buy some rare managers so that you have the maximum 50% bonus to every contract you apply.
Well 200-300 per contract is still quite alot of money, they should be 200 only. The playerbase is just stupid, the funnest part of UT is playing with your team so why rise the price of contracts which means you get less out of the funnest part...

@ferrari i know exactly what you mean, pretty much every match if you only have a 2 goal lead it will come back to at least 2-2.

My team looks pretty good now but dont know who to get now its an EPL one

Sczesny
Sagna-Koscielny/Toure-Vermaelen-Gibbs
Diaby
-Wilshere/Sahin-Cazorla
Moses/Jarvis-Gervinho-Ox

That attack line is beast, even though they are onlt rated 75-81 their pace and dribbling is amazing and they are great at finishing.

I wonder what you'd think when gold contracts start costing 600+ :lol: .

It obviously all comes back to EA money. They want you to spend real money on gold packs thinking you are getting 14 items or whatever. Regardless, people will keep playing or trading or buying packs with real money until they get the player they want to complete their squad, so it doesn't matter that you have to waste money on contracts.

Though all the consumables and EA tax do help to stop too much inflation occurring.

I'd recommend Ben Arfa, that guy is crazy, one of the best players in the game.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you don't list your players can someone buy them? If their contract expires right?

MaestroCesc

Clrnc said:
If you don't list your players can someone buy them? If their contract expires right?
No, the person needs to put them up for auction, contract doesnt matter.

@thedon im just saying its common sense to put contracts at a low price as that benefits everyone.

Whats this about manager benefitting something about contracts?

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
I still can't get get my head round the fact there are people who use real life money to buy players for a computer game.
I have a friend who's already spent over £100 on Microsoft points to buy packs. The result is, he has not one, but 2 crazily good squads and lots of coins left over.

Takes all the fun out of the game in my opinion, the best thing about UT is building your team up from scratch, and it feels so good when you finally save up enough coins to get that top player you've had your eye on.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

MaestroCesc said:
Clrnc said:

@thedon im just saying its common sense to put contracts at a low price as that benefits everyone.

Is UT only region based or worldwide? How can there be some many managers playing and yet there are enough class players to buy?

Anybody gets the 80710735 error when updating to the new 1.02 patch? I am having it and I can't solve it, therefore couldn't play FIFA13 the whole day irritating the hell out of me.

thedon5

MaestroCesc said:
Clrnc said:

Oh, misunderstood your post.

You see the "Contracts +3%" at the bottom of the managers' cards? Gold rares give you a 3% bonus, silver rares give you 2% bonus and bronze rares give you 1% bonus. It's cumulative so try and get to the maximum of 50% and you'll obviously get say 15 contracts instead of 10 or whatever.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Played a bit of career mode this weekend and its unbelievably frustrating. Impossible to defend, every thump up field from the AI seems to travel faster than sound and find a completely unmarked striker. I might give it one more go and play on professional because i obviously can't handle world class. Pretty annoying though because its the 2nd game in a row i've had to go down a level. I used to be able to walk the league with Aston Villa on legendary!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The patch is a ****ing joke. Game still freezing, online matches still interrupted half of the time, my stats look like complete **** because every other match the game tells me that I got disconnected. **** EA for throwing out such a half-assed effort, crying disgrace that a game that's still in development stages is sold already. Oh, and **** Konami too, I'm not buying **** next year if this goes on.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why the **** do I keep getting disconnected ffs. Its wasting so many of my matches. I kept needing to buy contracts because of it. ****ing hell

MaestroCesc

Clrnc said:
Why the **** do I keep getting disconnected ffs. Its wasting so many of my matches. I kept needing to buy contracts because of it. ******* hell
Because EA are awful. Last year they said the connection problems werent their fault, it was the fault of the user which is a complete joke as it doesnt happen to me in any other game. Also when it does happen im am still connected to EA FC and PSN which clearly says its their fault...

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom